Festering Guts

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by CellaDwella, Sep 2, 2015.

1. CellaDwella

CellaDwella Kobold

Seriously what kind of crap is that? Was loving the game until they suddenly throw in some obviously insanely overpowered BS for no good reason. This kind of crap is what puts me off games. Within 2 spaces? Seriously? The damn tip said to stay 2 spaces away and attack with spears so much for that it just kills me every time I land the final blow and think I'm going to win. I don't know of or have any meelee weapons that reach further than 2. I'm supposed to just run around with my mage for ages waiting for enough long range spells to come up to kill them? Who thought that was a good idea damn it.

This mission is entirely BS, in the same mission they have axe guys with an arc that covers over 180 degrees? This mission is just designed to piss people off and I disrespect that in a game. You probably won't be seeing any actual money from me.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  2. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

This game becomes more of a puzzle as you level. Consider how many interesting solutions you already have in your collection. Anything from Purge to Purging Strike to a well-timed Impenetrable Nimbus, the list goes on and on. :)

Stexe and kustaa like this.
  3. CellaDwella

CellaDwella Kobold

And then the time I do everything right the festering guts don't even trigger...............

4. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I like to take advantage of Festering Guts, because of the collateral damage. I'm even willing to sacrifice one of my characters, if I'll get more than "two flies with one blow". Also cards like Resistant Hide, Force Field and Impenetrable Nimbus makes a character immune to damage from Festering Guts.

Festering Guts is far from the hardest of challenges in this game, so if you lack the skill and patient to solve it, perhaps CH isn't a game for you.

5. CellaDwella

CellaDwella Kobold

And now I'm on a treasure hunt and I cant win because its impossible to avoid the poison blowdarts and they do like 3 damage poer turn continuously its obviously overpowered why do they put this kind of crap in the game?

6. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Just relax man. You just need to adapt and tweak your decks to the issue at hand.

It's actually not that hard once you figure out how to best tackle any given mission.

karadoc likes this.
  7. CellaDwella

CellaDwella Kobold

No this mission is stupid. Its a level 6, I am level 9, it shouldnt be that hard but the whole map is like a maze but most of it doesnt block LoS for the blow darts and the other enemies can fly. This is blatently the point in the game where they rap up the difficulty to get people to pay for stuff to help pass the mission because the poison is clearly overpowered. They start at that damn victory point so they dont even need to kill all my people to win. How am i supposed to keep them all alive which each guy ticking off 3 damage each turn? Its a load of complete crap.

8. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Maybe you should ask in the co-op chat if anybody is willing to help you out with that module. Going through the campaign with fellow Card Hunters is actually a great way to enjoy the game and avoid some frustration.

karadoc likes this.
  9. CellaDwella

CellaDwella Kobold

Thats good point, I have a friend I play with but going with just 2 people only makes it harder. I got past the mission anyway, although I was pretty lucky they didn't draw many blow darts until the end. I just know the 3rd part is gonna be a pain as well lol.

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

1. Venting can be good. :mad:
    2. Running with two characters instead of three is much harder on some maps.
    3. They put this kind of crap into the game because (A) it makes playing the AI challenging, and (B) because they're twisted and sadistic.
    4. It gets harder as you go along, but there are solutions, and help and advice is available here if you want it.
    5. Have fun! :)

11. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

Really? Ever heard of Purge, Purging Burst or Purging Strike? And most of these cards are in common and uncommon items so you should already have some of them from random loot drops.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  12. slowreflex

slowreflex Goblin Champion

Use festering guts to your advantage, get out of range before killing them, or wait for it to wear off. Personally, I use them as bombs to take out the other enemies. Just make sure you are out of range before "detonating" them, or have plenty of hp (or willing to sacrifice your character).

13. UiA

UiA Ogre

Best time I had with festering guts when a rad priest zapped my 3 hp elf warrior and gave this trait. Ran up next to his conveniently placed team so all were within the radius. He was smart enough not to kill me and explode his team, but fortunately I had in hand... Backbiting Strike KA-BOOM !

14. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

Work-around, or work-with?

Think how you can use or counter a negative, you must!

Poison dart can be purged, healed, prevented, blocked, knocked off, nimbused.

Festering guts can be ... ( you fill in blanks).

I've been where u are, best advice I can give is to be patient, as you gain experience with the game these things will soon become minor challenge and then even fun challenges ;)