Co-op problem

Discussion in 'Adventure Discussion and Strategy' started by BlackVoidDeath, Aug 22, 2015.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

First of all i am not sure this is the right thread to post this but nevertheless i will:
    Because it is not against the game's rules to have multiple accounts (and i was thinking of creating one myself) i thought of a problem with the current system:
    If you log into both accounts and create a team for both of them, you can go ahead and go to the campaign and play "co-op" with yourself to get/find the LF and find the bandit.
    I think this kind of spoils the fun because in this case you are not playing with other players but getting extra loot anyway, i am sure lots of players are already doing this and my opinion is that i dont think its good to do this but if you cant find anyone to do the LF then this can be the "last resort"?
    On the other hand not many player are willing to play through the whole campaign every day with you to find their/your bandit and think this may be again a last resort since a much less amount of players would play the whole campaign only to find out that the bandit is hiding out in one of the EttSC maps.
    - I wont be doing the co-op LF by myself because 1. its not fun/ wrong (against the point)/ being a bad "sport" etc and 2. i find it easier/quicker to play co-op, especially low level maps with high elo/long playing players.
    I know i am not helping here but i think this should be addressed in some way (especially the LF not the bandit thing)
    I am pretty sure i am not the first to figure out this problem but if a moderator reads this and finds this post too open and may cause other players to use this "problem" then feel free to lock/delete this thread.

2. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

My opinion is that is should be a last resort, but nothing should made to stop it. It is quite inefficient to do it that way which requires you changing tabs every second.

3. BlackVoidDeath

I guess so yes, but I'd prefer to play it in two tabs instead of explaining what to do to a newb every 5 seconds.
    I am on vacation atm so i am playing on a laptop but back home i have two screens so it would be even easier for me :)

4. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Theoretical - Loot Fairy Appears at Black Plume Mountain. What then? Frankly, if you're willing to get two whole accounts leveled up to the point where you can take on higher level modules for the sole purpose of slightly benefiting one of them, then by god you've earned the right to cheese the game a little bit.

And really, we are only talking about ONE extra item per Loot Fairy run. Somehow I don't think you're going to completely break the game or get an unfair advantage by getting one extra rare+ item every twenty five hours.

5. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

6. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

My point stands. That's still not a terribly significant advantage when it comes right down to it. Not with the amount of effort you'd have to go through to set it up in the first place.

7. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Co-op problem

#firstworldproblem

8. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

This is a good idea. Thank you.

9. progammer

progammer Ogre

I've been making a new account to get both of the Co-op achievement. Both of them at max animation speed and does not pause any cards. One is steam desktop client, one is browser.

The verdict: It is really really annoying if you do this with 1 screen. Tabbing fast enough and you will see every single action repeated twice. It's like having a permanent echo to your voices. I'll definitely stop this once I cleared the campaign in co-op. I won't be doing Fairy with it unless I'm with my Windows tablet or on a 2 screen setup.

10. BlackVoidDeath

Alright then as far as i can see no-one has a problem with this, then i'l be doing just this when i get back home ;)

11. haho

haho Orc Soldier

I was wondering what to do about the lack of co-op options. I check co-op chat from time to time but it always seems dead. making a second account might be the only way to get those two achievements.

12. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

I'd say what they really need to do is just make co-op more beneficial in general. Namely, add an extra item to every module-end chest or something.

Black Raven and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  13. Questor

Questor Ogre

I donĀ“t see a problem.
    When the fairy is on one of the low level adventures it is usually just faster to log a second account, even if it has no or only bad gear.
    One fully stuffed fs wizard is usually enough to make it fast to the reward, at least faster than to assemble a team, wait for them to gear up, wait for them for whatever reason, wait for them in the mission, wait for them . . .
    In the difficult high level missions it is of course better to get some other fairly good equipped players.

And about players who double or tripple log to find the bandit, all power to them. Because it is no fun and pretty annoying. At least it is for me when i only have to pass the one account when i want to spam fs. So, if they like the pain of multilogging the whole campaign they really deserve the minimal extraloot.