Card Text Bug Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Jon, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Please use this thread to report any bugs to do with card text including card rules, flavour text, card log text, card play text, etc.

2. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tutorial 1,Scenario=Parlor,Msg=phaselock drew Able Stab for EW_test1
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tutorial 1,Scenario=Parlor,Msg=The active player is now phaselock
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tutorial 1,Scenario=Parlor,Msg=Player,phaselock,Event,PlayAction,Action,Fiery Stab
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tutorial 1,Scenario=Parlor,Msg=Klong took 6 damage
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tutorial 1,Scenario=Parlor,Msg=Attaching Fiery Stab to Klong
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tutorial 1,Scenario=Parlor,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tutorial 1,Scenario=Parlor,Msg=Gary passed.
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Tutorial 1,Scenario=Parlor,Msg=The active player is now phaselock

> clip

From log:
    EW_test1 took 6 Piercing damage.
    EW_test1 drew Able Stab.

Klong took 6 Piercing damage.
    Gary passed.

Fiery Stab is not registering in the log...

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ah, so there's no play text for Fiery Stab? Got it.

4. Hallas

Hallas Mushroom Warrior

Frost Jolt has an odd description and probably missing an Encumber keyword. Here's the text:

When attached Encumber 2 (whenever you move, reduce your Move Points by 2). Duration 2

Note that the words in parenthesis are NOT a tooltip/popup keyword description.

EDIT: Chilling Rime has the keyword, but looks like there is an extra space between "Encumber" and "1":

Encumber__1

EDIT 2: Cold Snap also had the same spacing issue as Chilling Rime.

5. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

Berzerk Spin doesn't mention you take a damage if it is blocked.

BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Gnome Lords,Scenario=Gnome Gate,Msg=The active player is now Gary
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Gnome Lords,Scenario=Gnome Gate,Msg=Player,Gary,Actor,Jollo,Event,Move,Origin,(7, 1),StartFacing,(0, -1),Destination,(7, 1),EndFacing,(0, -1)
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Gnome Lords,Scenario=Gnome Gate,Msg=Player,Gary,Event,PlayAction,Action,Berzerk Spin
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Gnome Lords,Scenario=Gnome Gate,Msg=Thorfin, health = 28 (pi:0, gi:0, ai:0) blocks Berzerk Spin
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Gnome Lords,Scenario=Gnome Gate,Msg=Group,Thorfin,Event,Discard,Card,Block
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Gnome Lords,Scenario=Gnome Gate,Msg=Jollo took 1 damage
    BATTLE LOG: AdventureName=Gnome Lords,Scenario=Gnome Gate,Msg=The active player is now Dorque

Edit: Sorry, looks like played, not blocked.

6. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

This thread says "cards," not "items," but I'm sure item text issues would be welcome somewhere.

The swapping of "Zap" and "Spark" in some item titles may be problematic: there is now a level 13 uncommon staff called "Mighty Sparkping Staff." I think "Zapping" was changed with only the initial "Zap" swapped out.

(Spark! Ping!)

7. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

Card title is a text bug, right? Onyx is mispelt.
    Screen Shot 2013-01-27 at 10.43.56 AM.png
    Actually, so is Candelabra.

8. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Considering both are wrong i have to wonder if it might be intentional

9. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

This is still happening as per an already logged thread, post beta build 1.6

DW_test1 weakly strikes Rex
    (unknown actor) tries to dodge…
    and succeeds!
    Rex moved.
    Rex took 2 Crushing damage.
    Rex moved.
    Fido moved.
    Fido lunges and stabs at HWiz_test1

Successful roll for dodge, monster moved to new location and still got hit.

10. Sir Knight

With the treasure items Adventurine Gem and Large Adventurine . . . there is no such thing as "adventurine." If you mean "aventurine," the type of stone colored like the item graphic, remove the letter "d." (Yes, yes, someone can make a lame joke about "adventuring" earning you "adventurine" or something.)

And I think this has already been reported, but when you point your mouse at enemies in Shrine of the Astral Guardians, you see the names "Mist [null] Guardian," "Shadow [null] Guardian," and "Mote [null] Guardian." Same, of course, in Return to the Astral Shrine.

In other news: "Stealthy." I've seen it on one card (Maze). However, there are various cards (examples flee me) that have the same effect (move somebody, but don't change their facing toward the spellcaster after the move). I THINK I've seen cards explain in full what "Stealthy" means without using the keyword, so some overhaul may be needed.

But instead of fiddling with "Stealthy": is this "don't face the caster afterward" effect supposed to be a property of the "Slide" effect? If so, then shouldn't Maze just use Slide and ditch the lone Stealthy?

Edit: Another treasure item, somewhere, says "Ear Ring." I know that this is grammatically okay, but people are more accustomed to earring as a single word these days.

11. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

Maze isn't a slide, which would be under the player's control, and it's not "keep facing" but "change to random facing" which is sometimes no change.

---------
    I didn't get to discard Arcane Feedback and lo and behold

(unknown actor) feels the painful jolt of Arcane Feedback

12. Sir Knight

Good point, good point.

13. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Ill-Fitting Armor is classed as a hybrid card: armor, handicap but the card background isn't grey black....

14. Hallas

Hallas Mushroom Warrior

Mostly related to card text: Bad For Them describes adding the two closest allies of the target to the spell being used. However, the action text says it effects every enemy in the battle! I wish :p

badforthem.jpg

15. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

Heavy Armor is colored grey+orange. The encumber property should make it grey+black. Also, doesn't count as a drawback for quests.

16. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Urgle gouges HW_test1 with a potent stab!
    (missing actors) tries to parry the attack -
    but fails!
    HW_test1 is wearing armor -
    Hardy Mail failed!

Just like that.
    Glmg moved.
    (unknown actor) tries to jump back…
    and succeeds!
    HW_test1 moved.

Parrying Strike and Jump Back

17. Dorque

Dorque Orc Soldier

The description for the last battle in Jewel of Alet Zhav says the gem is in his left eye, but the picture has it in his right eye.

18. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

I really don't think the drawback is bad enough that it should count as a drawback card but you are definitely correct on its colors being weird.

19. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

He moves it around. It gets itchy.

ParodyKnaveBob and Jon like this.
  20. Sir Knight

The item Bishop's Healing Ring appears as "Healing Ring 5" on the little "item origin" spot on cards, like Boosted Heal.

Noxious Breath says "Cone. When attached , Poison 3 Duration 2." Note the spacing on the punctuation, and also how it doesn't explain "attach to the victims" like other cards do.

Spore Cloud explains "Burst" in full words, not in a tooltip.

Both Horned Plates and Frenzy Aura explain "Frenzy" in full words, not in a tooltip. Well, Horned Plates is redundant: it does both.