[GUILD] Power of Fires

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Vakaz, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Welcome fellow Cardhuntrians, to the Power of Fires guild thread!

In the beginning, there was only chaos. Adventurers across Cardhuntria were interested only in finding treasure, not glory. Treasure! So emblazoned were the barbarians that a band of adventurers might fight to the death for a measly pile of gold, a nice arm chair, or a glowing patch of dirt! But from this chaos, came a slightly better, more organized chaos; and lo! the mighty Farbs did say:
    And behold! Now adventurers had new motivation to clobber their kin! And from the map rotation at the time, the smoldering soldier Snorre begun to gather a burning band of red hot heroes! They rose from the Heart of The Mountain! Drank in the Barrel Battle! Toiled in the Deep Forge! And amassed Vulcan Gold!

Fueled by the vulcan flames, an appropriately named guild POWER OF FIRES was formed!

The Guild's oldest champions banded together in January 2014; Snorre , @TheShadowTitan , @Jacques , @Vakaz , @Annieslover , @Beledorf , and @Kungfu Crab. When Snorre mysteriously disappeared soon after, @Vakaz took command of the guild and recruited @BlackSabbath. Many members were purged at this time, in accordance with the guild rules.

Those who were left would band together to take second place in The Age of Chaos. We strived to win these early seasons, taking second in The Origin of Seasons and Gnarlvember, and third in The First Octover.

And during Tezkember, we finally took first place. And kept it for the critical months of Janizza and Batfordruary, where pizza was put at stake! During Janizza, the mighty @Darial Storm joined the ranks. After taking second in Celestiarch, we quickly rallied to take first in both Abriiiiiil and Maysoleum. Another second place loss in Modune, and another rally back to first in Citajul!

Maysoleum was an important time for the guild, as we switched our guild structure from a small and lethal deathsquad to a much larger but similarly lethal deathsquad. We have been able to recruit more openly, a boon for both our battles and our camaraderie.

Power of Fires focuses on winning the monthly guild season, so that we can deliver delicious pizza to our members. So far we have delivered 8700 pizza slices (updated for Citajul) to our members! In order to win though, we have to have strict requirements for joining.

Update: We are accepting new members again! Yeehah!

Requirements:
    • Must have a win/loss ratio of 58%, and 175 MP games under yr. belt. Find your win rate here. If you have performed consistently in another guild, those requirements could be waived. Or if you have recently been doing really well, but have lower lifetime stats etc. Basically, I will sometimes be softer on these requirements depending on the situation.
    • Must be willing to abide by the guild rules
    • Complete initiation with me. I used to have an amusing Wall Of Stone build for this, but since that's been changed I'll just use something random.

(Modified from the original thread)
    1. Don't forfeit battles if you can avoid it, and try to get at least 2 victory points each game in order to avoid a blitz.
    2. Don't stall.
    3. Be nice. No really, be a good sport.
    4. Don't lose lots of guild points! (This is a competitive guild)
    5. Have a positive Standing. As long as you're not breaking the first rule, you should be good here.

You can grab a banner here:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Members List

Old Thread

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah, it's so on.

Also you've signed your own death warrant by claiming to be a competitive guild. Your tiny elitist cell will be crushed under the weight of the power of the people of the Sorcererers' Guild! :)

CT5 likes this.
  3. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Hail to the king, baby!

Vakaz likes this.
  4. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Update: We now have a sweet guild banner; updated original post.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Copycats.

6. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Wait, which ones are the cats?

7. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

All of you. The first (and best) banner* and the first (and best) forum badge ever all belong to the first (and best) guild. See below. :D

*stealing in-game art for a "banner" doesn't count

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Oh. Copying those cats.

9. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

What about it...? :p

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

*waves hand*

11. Fear the wrath of Power of Fires!

Vakaz likes this.
  12. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Soon this won't even be fun anymore.
    PoF.png

I wonder when will we split to get both 1st AND 2nd pizza prizes. Since 511/2 > 227, we already could with these numbers lol :p
    Also 6+5 pizza awards is more than previous 10.

13. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

With the debut of lower points at stake in guild games, I am changing the winrate membership requirement to the extra low value of 56%!!! :eek:

This offer may not last long, join the most power-ful guild in Cardhuntria today! Call us now at 1-800-POWER, that's 1-800-POWER! Or send me a message! On second thought, just send me a message!

Call within the next 5 days and get a cool title to boot!

(also I made a new guild banner)

(also don't call that phone number, I have no idea what will happen)

(also shoutout to @Darial Storm for kicking butt and taking names in Abrrrrrril :cool:)

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  14. Dangy

Dangy Kobold

Hey again well i have about an extra 100 games my winrate did dip untill I got myself a better build am up to 1448 with 54% winrate just wanted to let you know :)

15. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

16. Thank you all for the congratulations! :D

For those who say that this game is pay to win, i never spend money in this game (i never pay for games anyway). Hard work only!

17. well i would be interested to join the guild ...
    im a 19 year old student from germany ...
    i got a 52% win/los ratio atm but i think i can push that higher in the future
    im at 1380 Points atm ...
    obviously i want to fight for my own piece of pizza ....
    i hope for a awnser ...

18. Lord Feleran

Alright, it has been almost 5 months since the last post in this thread.
    It has also been 5 months since we, Power of Fires, dominated (almost) every month.
    Principal Vakaz isn't playing actively but that doesn't mean this powerful guild should not be the best!
    Last month we finished 2nd but I can't see a reason why couldn't we rise back up again. The current win rate leaderboard has 4 of the top 5 players from Power of Fires:
    pic2.png
    Why aren't we the top guild then? Because we haven't got that many members and because some of us (me included:oops:) aren't playing as often as they could.
    So yeah: bringing our guild's topic back up and letting people know that if you're good and looking for a(nother) guild to join, Power of Fires will welcome you.
    Glory to Power of Fires! :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  19. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

I noticed the leadership change; good luck with the new directions, and in your future matches.

20. Lord Feleran

Still waiting for an announcement from @HisRoyalHygiene
    What will change, what will be better/worse, what will await PoF in the future? :)