Vibrant Pain - Best Weapon In The Game

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Flaxative, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

i feel the same, vp seems less relevant now that the game has devolved to bumping into each other in the middle and trading damage.

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The crypt maps have far less subtlety than the Tezkal and Gladius maps on which this build dominated.

3. Fortaleza

Fortaleza Orc Soldier

VP in daily Deal, and my Randimar, is this build still viable? (do not want to waste 5000 gold if simple beje still better).

4. Latheviosin

Latheviosin Orc Soldier

First VP is a must, useful for leagues, too.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It's still very viable if played well. Now that Mass Frenzy has been balanced, I would try running some Unholy Wellsprings.

6. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

5000? It should only be 2500 if your fame is high enough. And VP is more of a niche item now for certain maps, but definitely still viable. Usually people go Mass Frenzy + Blind Rage to boost the damage. Bejeweled is stronger overall, but VP definitely can be extremely useful depending on the map rotation.

7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm assuming the 5000 price tag was on the 2 VPs necessary for the build.

Fortaleza likes this.
  8. Stexe

Gotcha. Makes sense, I only read the question not the preface. I'd say 5k is worth it because VP is very useful on some maps. When there is difficult terrain a plenty then they are invaluable.

Flaxative likes this.
  9. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Barring defender's and toughness VP can nearly always hit, great for chop-sockying an enemy between two of your own guys or dancing over tanks to get to that tender mage in the back row of the tight MP maps.

edit: I could also go back to the first post and find out that Flax said exactly this :/

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    ParodyKnaveBob, CT5 and Flaxative like this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Obviously most of this 'guide' was hyperbole even at the time of its writing. But yeah, VP was actually great and it still is.

11. Pyrogoth

Pyrogoth Mushroom Warrior

okay, finally ranked well over 1600, and I have to admit VP is HUGE.
    Flaxative definitly underlined why it is so good : it cannot be blocked !
    It is not that difficult to get the defenders out of the way with a burst wiz in this deck.
    I only use one VP though, and don't think my warrior would be more powerfull with two.
    I guess I should get a second one for a deck with two warriors.

Flaxative likes this.
  12. Vakaz

Vakaz Guild Leader

Yeah, as nice as VP is I wouldn't run more than one on the same character.

3 warrior team with one each though? Thats a good excuse to have 3 :cool:

13. Stexe

VP is decent, but I think it really depends on the map. Without MF + Blind Rage the damage it does is so small. They are mainly used to get into combat and secure VP spots while doing a little bit of damage. I still think they are relatively weaker compared to some things, like Bejeweled which is almost always going to be strong with or without active buffs. I often use VPs simply due to the fact it is a lot of step cards and helps Dwarves get into combat on medium to large maps and Elves draw them with Elven Maneuvers.

14. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

It is not weaker than a Bejeweled for the reasons you gave. It has a different purpose and it is really strong in the purpose of giving you mobility and great positioning.

Bandreus likes this.