Collection achievements (steam) going off early

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by PaladinGP, Aug 13, 2015.

1. PaladinGP

PaladinGP #1 in Spring PvP Season

I've now had 3 of the steam item collection achievements go off early.
    The second and third (and maybe the first, I wasn't watching back then) occurred when I had one item remaining in a category as I received some loot. It wasn't the first time I received loot since having one item of that set remaining, so perhaps it was something like another item of that set & rarity being dropped?

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Which items in these categories are you still missing by your reckoning? Maybe they are items which don't count towards the achievements. All noLoot (from Equipment.csv) items are in that group, the holiday reskin items, for example. There might also be other items which don't count.

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  3. PaladinGP

PaladinGP #1 in Spring PvP Season

I'm still missing Spitting Flames (but have been awarded AotA epics) and Terraforming Module (but have EttSC rares).

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Ok, well those certainly don't seem to be in any special excluded group. Thanks for elaborating! Looks like something is amiss with the achievements.

It doesn't seem to be universal, though, as I just this week received the "Rare Collector" achievement immediately after getting the last missing basic set rare treasure as loot. An interesting bug.

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Some Steam achievements are wonky. A while ago I saw that 0.3% had all the AotA epics but only 0.2% had the base set commons. Now, both of those are at 0.3%.

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

The Steam achievements seem always to be affected by cheaters (in all games I've checked on Steam). Apparently hacking all Steam achievements for oneself is a thing some people do. It seems to me about 100% of all Card Hunter achievements currently at 0.3% are fake. This was readily apparent when the game had just come out at Steam, see here: http://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/steam-achievements.7328/page-3#post-91600

Personally, I don't trust any Steam achievement global stats for the rarest ones.

7. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yeah, it is possible to hack Steam achievements.

8. Jon

As to the original bug report, yeah, I can imagine the counting might be off somewhere. We check the counts every time an item is added to your collection or whenever you go into the deck builder.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I had the EttSC Rare one happen to me. I thought I already had all Citadel Rares because I've had the achivement for some time. I never checked, though. Imagine my surprise when yesterday a Boggling Shield dropped as loot and it had the New star on it.

There are currently 35 Citadel Rares but the "Rare Cyber Collector" Steam achievement triggers at 34.

10. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

I know I had a ton of collection achievements complete the very first time I loaded steam [that I qualified for except] that I had no treasures in inventory of the respective rarities for.

Since treasures supposedly count for the achievements, that was definitely an early indicator of complication. :)

11. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It's not "supposedly", they do count. I had all basic set commons except any treasures the day Steam Card Hunter launched and I did not get the "Common Collector" achievement. I only got it later, after I had collected all common treasures.

12. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

You're confusing implied meaning with actual meaning.
    Supposedly means 'what is commonly believed/commonly accepted/publicly accepted to be true'.
    It's USUALLY used to imply doubt in the fact, but in this case, I meant it sincerely- and in fact, a bit ironically, given that it hadn't worked for me that way, hence teasing that fact.

:)

13. Jon

This should be fixed now.

ParodyKnaveBob and Pawndawan like this.
  14. Kornl

Kornl War Monkey

Addition to an two year old thread: Seems I got my "Epic Collector" to early. Got another new base epic today (Weighty Wand is one, isn't it?) despite already having the achievement. If I remember correctly I got the achievement when I bought some epic Halloween treasure, so perhaps Halloween items somehow count but were not considered when setting the number for the achievment? (I notice that Jarmo said something different regarding the Christmas items? - and I'm not complaining, just noting... I'm fine with having achievements. :))

15. Kornl

Kornl War Monkey

Oh, I notice 'Weighty Wand' has a Halloween reskin 'Haunted Stick' - so I checked whether I perhaps own that one, but I do not. (But perhaps not only the reskins are excluded but the originals for some reason as well?) Anyhow just a note. Will now play more and stop checking for strange unimportant bugs. :rolleyes:

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Dare to achieve, and good hunting!