Summary of Multiplayer Strategies?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by slowreflex, Aug 10, 2015.

1. slowreflex

slowreflex Goblin Champion

Is there a summary somewhere of the main multiplayer strategies people use? I keep seeing references like "sprint team" and "hunter", but I have no clue what that means.

Thanks.

2. slowreflex

Hmm... lots of views, but no-one is saying anything. So maybe this summary doesn't exist. In that case, how about people just start throwing some of these strategies out in this thread and I can compile them in the OP?

3. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

I suggest you look at the deck building section of these forums.

4. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

There are common meta builds that show up quite a bit, but the trouble with trying to categorise them is that most people put their own twist on the build.

Is Elven Manoeuvres still Elven Manoeuvres with one classic elf, a support priest and something else?

But to answer your question, four of the common builds are:
    1. Elven Manoeuvres: two fast drawspam elf fighters, usually armed with lots of step attacks (Bejewelled Shortsword, Rageblood Dagger), with a support priest.
    2. Burrft: usually two dwarf burst/flash mages with a buffing priest, sometimes one mage with two priests.
    3. Blesscano: mix of volcano/control mages and bless/cleanse priests.
    4. Vampires: two priests with lots of unholy attacks / talented healer and usually a buffing priest or support mage.

slowreflex and Christofff like this.
  5. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

5. Two dwarf warriors with VP, Strongarm, BSS, Hawkwind Moccas, ... together with a control mage or a buff priest.
    6. Stab Elves (There is a thread about this)

slowreflex likes this.
  6. I've been playing years and I have no idea what a "hunter" MP deck is. In any case, at 1500+ your summary is: Some variation on 2 warriors. Some variation on 2 wizards. Viva choice.

doog37 likes this.
  7. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Sprint, Team! Is a specific card rather than a build, in all likelihood.

There is also the Burn Wizard build (running on Instant Burn), and the related Accelerate Time build that's been emerging recently, though both of these builds are in the 2wis 1priest header.

8. Obernoob

Obernoob Hydra

It can be found in 1, 4 and 5 mostly on a human control wizard or human buff priest.

9. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

For slowreflex, some human supports with a spare token run Sprint, Team as a racial because human racials don't synergise that well with the support role (which was fixed somewhat in the second-last update with the addition of the Verb, Soldier! cards). Sprint is a particularly nasty card paired up with a dual tank team, because they'll wait until one of your guys is isolated and then dash across the map and Eiffel Tower him.

10. slowreflex

Thanks all. This is very useful. Just from my time spent in campaigns so far, I quite enjoy the "vampire" style of play. I want to finish the campaigns first before doing much multiplayer, but wanted to be thinking about what sort of strategy and items I wanted to try as my first strategy for multiplayer.

Happenstance likes this.
  11. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Make sure you're entering leagues in the meantime, though. Even if you don't play, the value of the gold chests is much higher than the 50gp entry fee.

slowreflex likes this.
  12. slowreflex

Will do. All I've done so far is the multiplayer tutorial. Thanks.

EDIT: There are lots of leagues. Should I be entering every one of them?

13. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Yes, enter as many as your online time and gold pieces allow. I'd say after about 85 % item collection, you can be pickier and start saving for specific legendaries, if you don't farm that much gold to sustain constant league entering.

slowreflex likes this.