Loot & Legends is available now in the app store

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  2. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Somebody gave me an iphone as a gift only a few days ago. Coincidence? :rolleyes:

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

It's tablet only, I'm afraid... :(

4. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Hopefully when the Android version drops, it'll run on Bluestacks?

I won't be doing this, though, Cardhunter is already enough of a binary black hole orbiting my day.

5. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Right, totally forgot about that. Then I guess I'll have to wait for the android version.

6. bwort110

bwort110 Kobold

I played Card Hunter a lot. Than i stopped and i was happy as i heard about an ipad version. I installed today, played, i was happy. Then i go to the shop, wanted to be in the loot club like i was before in the original card hunter...so i think u guys get a little bit greedy:

1 month loot club original CH: 300 pizza / 10 $

1 month loot club Loot & Legends 2000(!) pizza / over 30 € (!) YES EURO, E U R O

gus ,rly u made a good game, but this is worst pricing system on ios. Every Freemium farming title, also the cash hole Clash of Clans has a better one.
    Uninstalled. Its a shame, rly a shame.

7. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Really, Is this true? Such an expensive club membership seems like a major f*-up to me.

Also I think it's worth mentioning that Loot & Legend is not being made by Blue Manchu (the guys behind Card Hunter), but a different developer altogether (DropForge Games).

Merdis and timeracers like this.
  8. Happenstance

Happenstance Thaumaturge

Gameplay video if anyone's interested.

Pawndawan likes this.
  9. bwort110

bwort110 Kobold

Yes its true. The port is rly good, but the price system is a joke. I spent a lot money in card hunter, I won't spend any into the mobile version.
    If u ever asked ur why loot legend is game of his own and no straight port from pc, here is the answer: to get more money with silly big prices.

10. SystemIsDown

SystemIsDown Mushroom Warrior

Yeah I was kind of shocked at the club pricing too. 9 days for 500 pizza, probably around US$30 for a month of membership. But you can get 120 minutes club membership in arena after 49 points (5 games), so I suspect most people will just do that.

Anyone have the app crash a lot? I played for 1 1/2 hours last night and it crashed about 6 times on my iPad mini 2 (128GB).

It would also be nice if there were a way to speed up the animation, it feels slow after being used to playing Card Hunter on 9 speed. And it seems like I'm "guest" but I don't see a way to change my user name or login, so maybe your saves are local. Not really sure how great that is if you lost your local save somehow.

All in all though it's pretty fun, and a decent adaptation of the game for a portable. But seems to be missing a lot of features, like can you save different party builds? Build a team differently (warrior/warrior/priest for example) than the standard warrior/wizard/priest? Is there multiplayer? Maybe I haven't gotten far enough in the campaign to unlock it?

11. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

The silly thing is, people already complain about CardHunter's club prices- and rightly so, given that you're essentially paying a full (albeit low-end) MMO subscription price for a simple loot boost and nothing more.
    But, it's at least still in the realm of 'worth the value'.

Increasing it is bad enough, but tripling it?
    Unless you get a bottle of wine delivered to your door each month, that doesn't make any sense :X

Well, I did some research, looks like all the complaints about the game [that are justifiable] are based around people being pretty darn 'impressed' with the club cost, or CH-familiar-players complaining about the game feeling dumbed down.

Maybe I'll give it some more time to figure out if it's going to crash and burn or not, before I put time into emulating it on PC :p

Then again, system, are you saying you can unlock club time just for playing?

12. SystemIsDown

SystemIsDown Mushroom Warrior

Right, the Arena mode awards you 120 minutes club time after you get 49 points. Which is 5 matches vs. AI (kind of like Cardstock II Secret Preview). I haven't hit it yet because I'm not sure if it's 120 minutes real-time or only when you are playing the game, so I'm waiting until I have a few hours to play before I get it.

Arena also rewards you a legendary item after 1000 points, but you only have a certain period of time to get it (10 days maybe?). You only get one free arena play every 2 hours, but you can buy an arena match for 500 gold if you don't want to wait. Which isn't too bad because it rewards you about 350 gold after the arena match, if I remember right.

Maybe Arena is the substitute for multiplayer, I'm really not sure if the game has multiplayer yet. I may not be far enough in the campaign to unlock it if it does.

DunDunDun likes this.
  13. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Oh man. Well I would have tried L&L on my android tablet, but once again, I am left disappointed.

14. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Well, by the sounds of it, the game already has a feature [randomized, rewarding long-term PvE play] I've been craving for CH itself, so that's reason enough to check it out. :)

Thanks for the heads up :D

15. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Is Android that different or that much less lucrative that so many apps are iOS only? IDK I dont have anything against Apple, but I resent the closed design of the iPad, especially the lack of a slot for a memory card I don't want to use up all of my memory on media and I have no desire to use cloud storage as I am offline a lot with my tablet.
    Personally I think DropForge missed the window of interest (at least from veteran CH players).

16. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Developing on multiple platforms at the same time is expensive, and DropForge (while financially sustainable, as far as my knowledge goes) is not the biggest developer out there.

I do believe the iOS platform is more lucrative (in the sense that a higher % of the userbase perform payed installs then on Android), so it does make sense to develop on iOS first, then Andorid/WinMobile if you can't afford a multi-platform release.

Not only that. Releasing on a single platform first (be it Apple or otherwise) also makes a lot of sense from a risk-management point of view: if your app sells poorly, you can back-off from releasing on more platform. Again, very important if you're not big enough to withstand potentially huge losses. If, on the other hand, your product performs well, then you can judge if the projected revenue from releasing on additional platform makes sense.

In short, while Android certainly ate a huge chunk of Apple's share of the mobile market, iOS still is considered the primary release-platform by many developers. Most apps (and this is just my own speculation!) often remain iOS exclusive because probably the devs making them don't see big enough of a financial reason to expend more money on a port to Andorid/Win.

Anyway, looks like L&L won't remain iOS exclusive. Surely Android users can wait a tad longer, if they really want to play it.

Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  17. Erian

Erian Kobold

It crashed and never recovered for me. Played for a couple of hours. Switched apps mid-game and it broke. Un-installed and have not re-installed. Too many other non bugged out options out there.