[Guild] Guildless (PvE/Casual)

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by DunDunDun, Jul 26, 2015.

1. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Oh, I may as well make a post for the guild, I suppose ;)

As you may be able to tell from the name of the guild, it's more a parody on PvP guilds than anything else- though that doesn't necessarily not make it a 'real' guild.

There are, after all, certain benefits for being a part of the guild:
    1. You get 'Guildless' next to your name in the META. How great is that? Show up those hardcore PvPers by flaunting your casual approach to PvP! :rolleyes:

2. You get a wacky-fun rank in the guild! Probably associated in some way with gnomes.
      It's a thing. :cool:

3. Okay, the most legitimate reason to join- if community features ever get implemented in game (ie, a guild chat tab), this guild will be the premier guild for dedicated PvE players to find capable players for co-op play, or just general advice and discussion.

Similarly, it gives casual PvP players a chance to be part of a guild to discuss builds and similar elements of PvP in, without feeling any pressure toward ranking [though from what I understand, the older guilds are fairly relaxed on that sort of thing, so don't be too concerned if you've another guild in mind!].
      And, of course, if you later decide to take a more serious approach toward PvPing, you can then join a more dedicated PvP guild with an extra big of confidence (and swagger, you should totally swagger).

Of course, there is at least one con to joining this guild:

1. Your party hat won't possibly be able to hold all of the cookies, so you'll have to eat extra.

In summary:

[​IMG]

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

That's why I bring two.
    partyhats.png

Pawndawan, timeracers, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  3. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

You already have your own single-member guild, though, not sure why you're making such a compelling argument for entry into mine. :(

Also, how is Loli not even in your guild :p

4. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I think calling your guild "guildless" or "unaffiliated" is a low brow move, no matter what mock reasons you use.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Somewhat inclined to agree.

Fifjunior7 likes this.
  6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

That's why I like it.
    And possibly why I haven't joined.
    Independence and Liberty Forever!

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

If a guild was named "Unaffiliated" that could be problematic as it would lead to clear confusion with player profiles on the Meta site. However, "Guildless" seems like a creative tounge-in-cheek choice that would naturally pander to those who affiliate with not being affiliated. I don't see any problem with it. If people like it they'll join, if they don't, they won't.

DunDunDun, Sir Veza and Kalin like this.
  8. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Already done.

9. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Well darn. This sure puts a wrench into the works, I had started the guildless a while back, and now someone goes and makes an actual guild named guildless.
    The whole point of my idea was to make it not an actual guild... preferably, a band of misfits and mercenaries with a somewhat mutual amount of skill and respect for another. Also, some sort of contempt for following the rules. I would prefer the sort of out of the box, let's-bend-the-game-or-break-it-trying type of thinking over just making some sort of joke about it.

Sigh. Oh well.

Flaxative likes this.