Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

If you want to try vamp-y whipper priest, then buy it, because Darkforce Nunchaku is the only divine weapon with Laser Whip. If you're just looking to spend major token for your vampire, do note that EttSC bought Draining Console.

I think Greater Heal is the card, that prevents Darkforce Nunchaku to truly shine. I'd rather take 4x Spear of Darkness, than the current assortment of drains and a big heal.

2. HunterMike

HunterMike Mushroom Warrior

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  3. Pawndawan

4. HunterMike

HunterMike Mushroom Warrior

Thanks for your input!

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

6. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Another week, another set of rubbish items.

7. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

8. Ector

Ector Hydra

I have the same dilemma :) Looks like I will buy it after all, since only two cards are bad here.

I also have Yvette's Buckler. Is it good enough?

9. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I don't have any Searing Pains, but if I'd have the chance to buy them, I wouldn't hesitate to get two of those.

Sir Veza likes this.
  10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I'd buy both to enhance the builds using them in the future even if I wasn't using those builds currently. They're unique in their usefulness for certain party compositions. But if you don't see yourself ever going full burfft (DunDunDun: Burst + Buff, e.g. Fireball + Unholy Wellspring or Savage Curse), pass the staff. Control, on the other hand, control is always good and it only gets better the more you have. I'd go full Anakin.

Sir Veza likes this.
  11. Pawndawan

@Kalin: Nice selection! :)

@Bandreus: I don't have any experience with Bug Zapper 2000, but I prefer more consistent burst staves. I agree with j3st3ri & Jarmo and would buy both Searing Pain & Luke's Iron Hand before the Zapper. Like you said, Focused Thinker might be interesting, (but not strong IMHO). Buy if you really want to play with it and have the gold. Bug Zapper might be more interesting and fun than the Thinker.

@Ector: IMHO Yvette's Buckler is one of the best all purpose minor token shields. I'm cheap and wouldn't buy any legendary shields, especially since Buckler Of Protection is quite acceptable budget substitution. YMMV

I got to to buy 2nd copy of Skull Of Savage Iljin. Randi tempts me with 3rd Crazy Sal's Halberd & 1st Nasrum's Moccasins, which I think I'll pass.

12. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

If I were you, I would certainly buy a second Searing Pain - pair of them is extremely useful in many leagues.

13. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Thanks a lot for the input guys.

@Ector: agree with @Pawndawan here. That being said, it's really a matter of what you would be planning on doing with it. If you have been looking for a minor token shields of that kind for a long time, the gold investment would be worth it imho. Otherwise, not so much.

@Pawndawan: man, 3rd Crazy Sal's, so hard to pass on that. I think I'd buy it, even if I didn't plan on using 3x of it right now. Also, I got myself my first only recently (couple months). :envy:

Pawndawan likes this.
  14. Zombah

Zombah Kobold

Thanks for all the help last time guys. I decided in the end to hold off on buying the Darkforce Nunchaku based on everyone's suggestions and the fact that I didn't have a whole lot of good supporting items for a vamp priest.

This week some more vamp items showed up in the form of Bynzer's Black Spear and Kristoph's Skull. Are either of these worth buying?

I also found a Hand Of Melvelous while adventuring this week which has made me want to try out a vampire.

15. Questor

Questor Ogre

Absolutely yes to the Spear, no to the Skull.

16. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Kristoph's Skull is actually pretty decent. It is also pretty niche-y though, so I wouldn't suggest buying it either, unless you have a very specific build in mind which would benefit greatly from it.

Byzner's Black Spear is an extremely good vamp weapon which is also pretty unique (no relevant/cheaper alternatives in its slot). Highly suggested if you want to ever play a vamp at all.

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Ector and Bandreus like this.
  18. Stage

Stage Orc Soldier

Mmm, Randi wants my money bad. I had to have the Captain Cedric's Helm as I was resorting to Weakling's Helm for tokenless hats. I can afford another but I'm trying to resist;

Gloomthirst; this seems pretty outstanding for, say, a priest supporting a burst mage or vamp... but I worry that the perforating strikes, while being pretty decent cards, wouldn't come into play a lot, as I imagine a priest running this weapon would generally want to avoid face-time with the bad guys.

Quick Jon's Axe; if I was rich, this would be a fun toy. Experimenting with chop is always tempting, especially since those moments where someone uses it effectively against you are hard to forget.

Smoag's Bucket Of Pitch; Glob is incredibly nice but hard to get a lot of, and I already have a Red Flame...

Torching Staff; This could be good for PvE, eh? Are there better tokenless staves?

19. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I tend to use only Staff Of The Inferno's when it comes to tokenless burning staves. (firestorm farming)

Sure, if you have time to burn, (pun intended) Torching Staff is safer option.

20. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader