Can we have a contest?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Aeryon, Aug 25, 2011.

?

Would you be interested in a totally awesome design contest?

1. Heck yea.

71.4%
  2. Heck no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Heck... I don't really care.

28.6%
  1. Aeryon

Aeryon Kobold

Blue Manchu, can we have an (unofficial) contest? Something like designing a cool card we would like to see, a player we would like to be, or a campaign we would like to play. This is a pretty active community and I think it would be kind of fun to see what creativity comes out of it.

Jon likes this.
  2. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Perhaps. I'd feel better about designing a card once we know a few more card mechanics, but a player-made card contest is the main one I would enjoy doing.

Not to say I somehow don't like the DM job of campaign design, or the PC job of player design; just that I feel card design would be a better theme.

3. Rising Zan

Rising Zan Mushroom Warrior

I fell the same with Sir Knight, we know a majority of how the game works but not completely. I don't feel a contest can happen until the release of beta or slightly sooner once we know how a game of Card Hunter could flow.

4. Sir Knight

Ah, yes. You have discovered another Murphy's Law-derivative rule: post about an active community, and there's immediately a lull in posting.

Now to see what else I can post that is more substantive and encourages replies. Tum te tum . . .

5. Aeryon

Aeryon Kobold

Well, I'm done suggesting things.

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

It's a good idea! I plead time constraints as the only reason we haven't got onto this yet. Let me think about what would be best.

7. Sir Knight

I just noticed I used poor phrasing. I was not attempting to say your post was unsubstantive, Aeryon. I was attempting to say that my post here was unsubstantive, in that clearly there was no reason to blame you for voodoo "lull" powers, and I was going to try to post something elsewhere that properly contributed.

8. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Even as my design and drawing skills are lame. If there was an opportunity to post something along those lines to be added into the game i would be all for it. Its one of the reasons im so active on this community. To make some off kilter remark somewhere in some thread about a skeleton pulling off his head and tossing at a hero and then seeing that as a card or part of an adventure campaign would make me so ecstatic i would be throwing the Blue Manchu group money.

9. Rising Zan

Rising Zan Mushroom Warrior

Yeah, I have Zero Drawing skill but just the chance to try to make something for this game would be awesome!

10. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Add me to the 'Hell Yea' group - I have next to no drawing skill, but can cut and paste with the best of them!

11. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

if its anything like my ms paint card your in the same category as me

12. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

I've got a pretty good monster idea: how about a bear!

Designing a card sounds awesome. Sort of reminds me of how past MtG champs got a card in a future expansion.

13. DendasGarrett

DendasGarrett Kobold

Love the Idea! I vote for an item creation contest... Now that we know a little about how decks are built, it would be fun to try and make an item and it's cards.