Zalminen's Beta Diary

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Zalminen, Jan 16, 2013.

1. mightymushroom

mightymushroom Goblin Champion

You can stay in place when Dimensional Traveller activates. :) Other than that, it looks like you were planning well and luck turned against you. (Wimpy is a dangerous card to carry!)

2. DenieD

DenieD Mushroom Warrior

One thing I would say from the screenshots is that since you need so many victory points on that map the UI looks a little cluttered in that area (The Stars you need almost run into the Stars they need), possibly colouring the Stars differently (Red for the enemy ones and Gold for yours) and a new UI bit just for many Starred adventures would be worthwhile BlueManchu?

Below is my take on a quick UI change that could happen when more than 6 Stars are required. (sorry for the thread hijack >.<)

[​IMG]

3. mightymushroom

I haven't seen the stars run into each other so much at my resolution (1600x900) . . . Still, that's nice, clear design for smaller screens. :)

4. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

DenieD: Yes, that would be a much clearer design.

MightyMushroom: Hmm, I think I did try not moving with the Dimensional Traveller but didn't figure out how to do it as clicking in the current location did nothing. So I just moved on since it wasn't that crucial for the end result.

I'll have to try again the next time I get the card.

Third attempt

Switched back to old weapons for the third attempt.

[​IMG]

Agreyn got good attacks while Mizana got mostly moves (plus Dimensional Traveller and Kindler). Silvershield getting just heals.

Wanting to make way quickly to the VP squares Agreyn runs but the kobold in a way makes a Lunging Bash, trying to knock him aside but he just slides closer to the goal. The fighter bludgeons the avenger standing in his way with a strong blow.

Judging from the sounds coming from the side passage the pigs are getting closer and Mizana runs after Agreyn who gets Mob Attacked by his opponent but his armor protects him.

Mizana seeks a better position and as the avengers move she drops the weakest one with a Zap.

Silvershield also moves after the others while Agreyn fights with the avenger. The fighter does get a hit in but he also gets hit with a Shambling Bash, his armor failing to even slow the blow..

Silvershield uses a Healing Presence on Mizana and heals Agreyn twice after the fighter gets hit again by the lunging kobold.

Next turn begins with Mizana blinking a square, healing Agreyn by her presence and Agreyn getting bludgeoned.

[​IMG]

Mizana fire sprays two closest of the kobolds, making them spread out while screaming from the hungry flames.
    Mizana darts between the foes towards the gate and as the foes are uncertain who to go after next she gets to Big Zap the first avenger guarding the gate.

The other avenger nearby lunges at the sorceress and Agreyn runs to help her, dropping the foe with a Trained Bludgeon.

Meanwhile Silvershield is trying to fend off the kobold attacks, getting Lunging Bashed and Mob Attacked and then retreating.

Agreyn hits the other avenger near the gate but gets also hit, luckily just with a Wimpy Bludgeon.
    The pigs dart close to Mizana and the avengers chase Silvershield, one of them moving to guard the gate squares.
    I get to pass first but the pigs bite Mizana once more.

Next turn begins with Gary getting a VP, Mizan again blinking and healing the others and one avenger burning. Looks like Mizana also got Firestarter this time!

[​IMG]

Agreyn bludgeons the foe at the gates, but the Wimpy kobold retaliates with a Shambling Bash.
    Mizana immediately targets it with a Long Spark and the avenger falls down, its body still spasming from the electricity.

The avengers move and Mizanaa retreats to one of the victory squares.

Agreyn gets hit again but this time his armors reduce the damage a little. He still pulls back, moving to hold the other VP square.
    Silvershield gets hit and pulls back. The pigs chase her and she uses a Wavering Faith on them.
    Gary passes, probably having run out of attacks so I do the same.

Next turn and I get a VP for holding the gate.

The pig bites Agreyn and the figher falls screaming, his both armors failing to protect him from the assault.

Silvershield takes over guarding the second victory square and then takes out the weakest avenger while another lunges at the dwarf. She now has a great opportunity to Chop both nearby foes while Mizana gets bitten by the other pig, her armor absorbing most of the damage.

<pic248>

Silvershield attacks the enemies with another Chop, Mizana joining in by blasting the weakened avenger away with a Sorcerous Bolt.

Since I'm now just one VP away from victory, I only need to pass and collect the last required VP by holding the gate.

Whew, that was a close victory...

Loot: Thick Hide Boots and treasure. Blah.

Fight three

[​IMG]

Blah. Nine kobolds (3 avengers, 3 warriors, 3 spearmen), but there's no VP squares so I can choose where to fight and I get some good attack cards as well...

"Quick, in here! They'll have to come at us one at a time," Agreyn yells, leading the others inside a narrow passage right by the entrance, positioning himself to guard the other end of the passage.

Mizana follows right after him, but one quick moving kobold manages to block Silvershield's way.
    Silvershield gets hit by the kobold but returns the favor with a Bludgeon, the kobold managing to partially protect itself with a Jarring Block.
    Agreyn drops the foe coming at him with two srikes and blocks the one blow directed at him while Mizana aids him by zapping another kobold farther away.

The foe blocking Silvershield has moved out of the way but having run out of attacks Silvershield uses her Wavering Faith on the avenger that has joined the fray but gets hit by the Wimpy foe.

I pass first to get the first go on the next turn.

[​IMG]

Silvershield Chops both of her opponents, the hit getting parried by the kobold warrior.
    Two of the other kobolds turn out to be Wimpy and while the kobolds mill about, Silvershield quickly pulls back in the passage.

Agreyn fights with the avenger in front of him exchanging blows with Mizana supporting him with her spells.

Silvershield gets hit by the kobolds while Mizana decides to use her Short Spark on a foe in the back row as the front one has already used its attack for this turn.

I get to pass first but Agreyn takes one more hit from the spear-wielding kobold in the back row.

[​IMG]

The fight is in full swing and there's no room to retreat even if I wanted to.

Mizana fries the western foe with a Zap, the Wimpy spearkobold hits Agreyn while the human fighter finishes the nearer avenger with a Weak Strike.
    The last avenger still alive moves to Silvershield and Mizana immediately targets that one.

Getting boosted with a Righteous Frenzy Agreyn drops the next kobold trying to get to him with one blow. On the other side Silvershield gets hit with a lunge and Mizana gets hit by a spear striking past Agreyn while another Kobold Spearman hits Silvershield, the blow hitting past her Spiked Mail.

Next turn there's not much in the way of attacks for our heroes.
    Trying to make most of them Silvershield slaps Agreyn with an Unholy Frenzy.
    The spearkobold in front of Agreyn hits Mizana as the frenzied fighter lands a heavy blow on the ferocious critter.

Silvershield gets hit by the avenger but manages to get impaled by the dwarf's Spiked Mail.

[​IMG]

Mizana did get a Fire Spray but using it now would be a waste, not to mention dangerous for Agreyn so I just pass.

Silvershield gets hit once and Agreyn twice but atleast I'll get to start next the following turn.

[​IMG]

Still frenzied Agreyn strikes down the first foe while two of the others turn out to be Wimpy.

Silvershield falls, her Spiked Mail failing to protect her. Mizana fries the attacker with a Big Zap while Agreyn gets hit, luckily his armor reducing the blow.
    Agreyn runs towards the spearkobold and as the foes move again Mizana finally gets to use her Fire Spray on the incoming foe before getting struck down by the kobold's Wimpy stab.

I pass and the foes move again. Agreyn moves back to the passage trapping the kobold there. The other one again moves to a better spearing distance.

Next turn the kobold in the corner burns and Agreyn hits it but gets struck back as he fails to block the blow. Agreyn pulls away from the foe behind him but it moves closer again.

Next turn Agreyn gets to finish the burning foe with a Trained Bludgeon but as he fails one of his two armor checks the final kobold ends his valiant battle.
    And since I'm out of attempts, it's back to the map.

Ok, this adventure proved too tough for my heroes right now. There's just too many foes for the amount of attacks I happened to get plus the Shambling Bashes are downright nasty.

5. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

After my previous failure against the kobolds I decided to also do a couple of quick games just for fun so I ended up doing some of the quests that were available for the earlier adventures.
    I didn't do proper write-ups on these as I just wanted to concentrate on playing and these were easy enough with my current equipment and health that they were nearly point and click anyway.

First I did Cavern of the Troglodytes "No party deaths" quest. Didn't get any experience out of it since my heroes levels were too high but that didn't matter.

I wasn't even close to losing a hero on either fight.
    First fight loot: Spiked Leather Helm, Cursed Blue Orb
    Second fight loot:
    [​IMG]
    Some treasure, Club Of Wrath (whoa), Versatile Staff

I did some shopping after that.
    Agreyn bought Weak Wooden Shield and, Novice Offense and Crummy Short Shord (last two were for future use, both require a talent)
    Mizana buys Robe Of Cinders.
    Silvershield buys Neophyte's Axe.

Next I did the same no party deaths quest for the Wizard's Workshop.

First fight: took only 12 damage total and healed 4 of those, got Uncommon Shield.
    Second fight: took 6 damage total, killed bronze golem on first round, got Novice Piety for Silvershield plus Weighty Boots.
    Third fight: took 10 damage total, healed 4 of those, loot Cloth Boots, Wooden Token.
    Fourth fight: took 15 damage, mostly because I wanted to finish the fight fast and let doublefrenzied Agreyn go toe to toe with the Bronze Golem instead of hanging back and using Mizana's spells. Loot: Balsa Boltstaff, Hefty Stout Club (Agreyn took), Battered Shield

Only Silvershield got some experience, others were too high level.

Next time I'll be returning to the proper story and I'll be attempting Beneath the Frozen Earth. (Actually I've already started it but I'm a bit behind with the write-ups...)

6. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Still awesome, thanks for doing these!

7. netWilk

netWilk Kobold

Seconded! This makes the wait for beta slightly more bearable...

Thanks!

netWilk

8. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Thanks, it's great to hear that people enjoy reading these.
    I'll try to keep up a steadyish posting schedule although some posts will probably be clearly shorter than others...

But now it's time to go

Beneath the Frozen Earth!

Gah, more Trogs? Oh well, maybe it will be easier than the previous one. And maybe pigs will fly...

The heroes head towards the underground caverns. After a long travel Agreyn suddenly stops.

"What's that word when you have a feeling that you've seen something before?"
    Silvershield thinks for a moment.
    "Deja vu?" Then she looks to the left. Then to the right.
    "...oh."

[​IMG]

Since the Trogs are just emerging from the side passages, Agreyn realizes he has a good chance to catch one of them before it can get to the main cavern.
    He charges in the northmost passage, trapping the Trog inside and killing it with two blows. Meanwhile the Trog Gouger coming from the western passage reaches the human fighter and stabs him from behind.

Mizana hits the gouger with a Big Zap and a Fire Spray. She gets speared by a regular Trog and Silvershield promptly heals her.

Mizana soon gets stabbed again but gets Kindler.

[​IMG]

Silvershield lunges at the gouger, driving the other Trog to pull back and the gouger finally falls to Mizana's Big Zap.

Silvershield, Agreyn and the remaining gouger move and Gary gets to pass first.

Next turn Agreyn once again gets a Righteous Frenzy as the trog oves to stabbing range of Mizana. She quickly shuffles backwards.
    The gouger however moves towards Agreyn but gets intercepted by Silvershield who charges between the hairy beasts.
    While she does gets stabbed her Violent Overswing does kill the normal Trog.

Agreyn gets hit by the gouger, failing to block it's attack.

[​IMG]

The gouger has already used its action point so Agreyn gets to hit the foe twice with impunity. The enemy's Crude Plates absorb most of the force of blows, sliding the hairy beast back until its out of the human fighter's striking range.
    Mizana runs to the foe and sprays it with fire but the flames only hit the armor.

Apparently the flames manage to scare the beast enough that it discards the smoldering plates at the end of the turn.

Next turn Mizana gets stabbed while she uses another Fire Spray on the foe, this time doing full damage.
    Agreyn happens to feel Wimpy but with the addition of both types of frenzies he soon charges the gouger, forcing it to retreat.

The turn ends but the foe is already weak enough that the flames eat it alive before it has a chance to do anything else.

Loot: Patchwork Boots and Old Padded Mail.

Second fight

[​IMG]

The heroes come to an icy bridge guarded by two Trog Gougers, two Trog Scuttlers and a Trog Wizard.

The narrow passage would probably make it hard to get behind the Gougers but maybe there's a way to draw them out of it...

Silvershield moves west, and casts Righteous Frenzy on Agreyn who moves east. The dwarf moves behind the 'corner' - and only after that I realize my mistake: The passage 'walls' aren't walls at all but just empty space!

The Trog Gouger drives the point home by stabbing Silvershield three times as she no longer has the moves to pull back.

Next turn Mizana gets Firestarter.
    Silvershield lunges at the gouger twice but does minimal damage as the the beast is protected by two layers of Crude Plates.

The dwarf finally falls to another stab right before Agreyn arrives to help. The Trogs pull back from his striking range..
    Mizana is also too late but she tries to take revenge by Fire Spraying three nearest foes and zapping one gouger twice past it's plates.
    The enemy wizard also joins the fight zapping Mizana twice. The sorceress also gets a stabbed by one of the scuttlers.

As the new turn begins three Trogs burn, although the Crude Plates protect the gougers.

[​IMG]

Agreyn reaches the foes, hitting one gouger twice with but he gets zapped by the Trog Wizard and each of the human fighter's blows is met with a Strong Stab and the second one is enough to end his fight.

Mizana keeps up the fight and despite taking a hit she manages to drop one trog with a Big Zap and a Short Spark and another trog burns to death as the the next turn starts. The gougers are too protected by their armor to care about the flames.

[​IMG]

The fiery sorceress is soon dead though.

Attempt two

I switch Mizana's Carnelian Wand back to Orzo's Excellent Wand and switch Versatile Staff to Balsa Boltstaff while removing Pyromancy for now; fire spells are a bit useless against the gougers' armor and the better range of sparks allows targetting the scuttlers and the wizard.
    I remove Silvershield's Novice Piety, Blessed Demon Claw and Crude Healing Charm for now as Wavering Faiths better for getting rid of armor.

This time Mizana gets Resistant Hide, good.

I pass, waiting for the enemies to move closer and move Silvershield to intercept the incoming foes.

[​IMG]

The dwarf hits the gouger with a Violent Overswing which cuts a deep gash despite the trog's armor slowing down the blow.
    Agreyn also runs towards the furry foes but gets a Potent Stab in his chest.

Silvershield uses Wavering Faith to remove the gouger's armor and since the foes seem to be out of attacks now Agreyn gets to hit the stronger gouger twice with full force.
    The injured foe still growls defiantly at the heroes but Mizana's Spark and Fire Spray finally send the foe toppling off the icy bridge.

The other gouger gets hit by fire spell as well and howls in pain as the flames keep eating at it as the next turn begins.

[​IMG]

As the Trog Wizard moves closer Agreyn Bludgeons the weakened gouger. (It didn't draw any armor, hooray!)

The wizard blasts Mizana but the Resistant Hide absorbs most of the damage.
    (Looking back at my notes I think I hit a bug here.... I think the wizard used a Spark type spell but the Resistant Hide didn't absorb all the damage but only two out of three. But I'm not 100% sure.)

Silvershield's Lunging Hack sends the other gouger down the bridge and I follow Gary's example by passing after him.

Next turn the scuttlers move closer and Silvershield boosts Agreyn with a Righteous Frenzy.

Agreyn charges forward and ignoring a spark from the wizard kills the scuttler with a Strong Bludgeon. Then he runs after the other scuttler, getting another hit in but also getting stabbed twice and zapped once.

[​IMG]

Both wizards move and Mizana unleashes her magic killing the closer trog with a Big Zap and wounding her uglier counterpart with a Long Spark.

As the enemy is out of cards, all heroes move closer to the enemy.

The next turn begins and the Trog Wizard makes the big mistake of moving closer to the heroes.
    Agreyn shrugs and cuts the smelly spellcaster down with one hit.
    (The wizard moved to range 1 instead of retreating, no idea why.)

Loot: Turquoise Staff, Broadblade Dagger

[​IMG]

--

To be continued...

DenieD and Pengw1n like this.
  9. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight three

As the heroes hunt the enemy through the twisty caverns Agreyn suddenly stops again.
    "Deja trog, " he mumbles.
    "No, it was deja vu,' Mizana corrects.
    Agreyn shrugs and looks around pointedly.
    ''...son of an elf,' Silvershield curses, drawing her mace.

[​IMG]

Surrounded by Trogs? Six Trog Wizards? Oh whoopee.

Deciding that the easiest way to cut down the elusive trogs is to trap them Mizana runs northeast. As he foes move Agreyn reads the sorceress' intentions and moves southeast.

Silvershield gets sparked and uses a Wavering Faith one one of the hairy spellcasters.
    Mizana gets sparked but retaliates with a Sorcerous Bolt, getting hit by a Bungled Bolt in return.

Silvershield heals the sorceress who again gets Short Sparked at the start of the next turn.

[​IMG]

Mizana runs east to trap the two Trogs and hits them with a Fire Spray, while Silvershield gets Sparked twice.

Agreyn runs northeast to complete the trap and the dwarf retreats southeast while the foes move.

[​IMG]

Mizana fries the weakest foe in the northwest group (the trog is not visible in the screenshot) with a Long Spark.

The hairy beasts move and as this brings one of the trapped wizards close enough to Agreyn, he promptly slams his club through the beasts jaw.
    "Good boy. Stay!"
    The spellcaster obeys Agreyn's command and falls down, never to move again.

Silvershield gets blasted again by the other trogs and uses a Wavering Faith to curb their spellcasting.
    Mizana moves towards the pair in the middle and Big Zaps one of them.

As no-one is close enough for Agreyn to use his remaining attacks I have to pass as well.

Yay, Mizana finally draws a Resistant Hide!

Agreyn draws a Block and a Mail and the latter immediately gets to dissipate most of the Short Spark used by one of the trogs.

[​IMG]

Mizana Big Zaps the stronger foe, the blast hindered by the ugly beasts thick hide.
    The foes retreat and Silvershield again uses a Wavering Faith on one of them.

The weakest trog throws a Bungled Bolt on Agreyn but it's ferocious grin turns to confused pain as the backlash from the spell proves too much for the weakened foe.
    Silvershield removes the trogs' last card and the other heroes move to better positions.

The northeast foe is eaten away by the remaining flames as the new turn begins.
    Agreyn draws Wimpy while Mizana happens to get no attacks.

[​IMG]

Three heroes versus two trogs.

Mizana tries to chase the middle foe south by moving next to it.
    Agreyn gets Short Sparked while Silvershield boosts Agreyn with an Unholy Frenzy, his armor protecting him from the dangerous part of the spell.

The enemies move and as Silvershield tries to reach the middle foe it retreats again. Agreyn runs through middle trying to reach the which fled west but he cannot get close enough to Mizana for the sorceress to slide him with her Telekinesis spell.

Next turn Mizana gets zapped but the blast is harmlessly dissipated by her Resistant Hide.
    Mizana and Silvershield chase after the trogs and as the enemies use their last card to retreat, the southern one is now close enough for Agreyn to reach it. The fighter's wimpy frenzied Strong Bludgeon is quite enough to cut down the enemy numbers to just one.

Mizana's spells would have enough range to reach the last foe but unfortunately it's behind the ice pillar and I'm forced to just pass.

Next turn the foe moves and Mizana tries to get to a better location. The hairy beast foils her plans by moving behind the pillar again while Silvershield moves to cut off its escape route.

Next turn the trog again uses a Bungled Bolt on Agreyn, his armor absorbing most of the blast and leaving the spellcaster with just 2hp.

[​IMG]

Silvershield moves towards the last foe and as it tries to retreat towards the middle Mizana moves to block its route.
    "You're it!"

Her Sorcerous Bolt ends her uglier counterpart's fight.

Adventure complete!

Silvershield gets a level up, gaining a shield slot.

[​IMG]

Loot: Cursed Axe, another Balsa Boltstaff, Spike-toed Boots (Silvershield takes those)

Back on the map more adventures open up for selection:
    Throne of Strench (level 7), Order of the Core (premium adventure, level 8), The Compass of Xorr (level 8), Gladiatorial Arena (level 9) plus a new treasure shop.
    The locations are too spread apart for me to show with a screenshot so I didn't bother.

Time to do some shopping and equipping.

Since I haven't decided what I'll attempt next, I equip the heroes for the general case for now.

Silvershield fills her empty slots again with Cover Shield, Blessed Demon Claw and Novice Piety, leaving one Divine Item empty since the Wavering Faiths may be useful (and the other current options aren't that great)

Mizana wants more versatility and buys both a Staff Of Flames (so she can use more fire spells when against multiple foes) and Novice Electromancy (so she can use electricity spells when against higher range foes)
    Her human skill slot is empty as the skills I've seen so far for it require a talent.

Agreyn only has his Martial skill slot empty but he already has Novice Offense packed away just waiting for him to get his first talent.
    (He's only 3 xp short of getting a level up with Mizana and Silvershield requiring 4 xp.)

Here's my current party:

Agreyn
    Level 6 Human Warrior

Mizana
    Level 6 Human Wizard

Silvershield
    Level 6 Dwarf Priest

10. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

After the previous adventure I decided to do another quick quest without screenshots before tackling a proper adventure to get my party to level 7.

I went on a rampage against the goblins in Highway Robbery, switching Mizana to fire gear.

First fight: Played fast and a bit too carelessly, nearly lost Mizana. Loot: Disintegrating Boots and Crude Spiked Mail.
    Second fight: Got three fire sprays in beginning, caught 5 foes at once with two of them :D Loot: Copper Amulet and a Long Axe of Repentance.
    Third fight: Got Agreyn killed as the hulk had too god luck with its draws... It had Clumsy so I tried to make it waste its moves and then move behind it but its 3 drawn cards contained - 2 Runs and a Bull Rush. Grr. One hero down and quest failed.

Started over.

First fight: No problems, Loot: Neophyte's Cleaver, treasure.
    Second fight: Bad luck with cards but won without casualties. Loot: Mail of the Questioner, Defensive Helm.
    Third fight: Again hulk managed to catch and kill one of the heroes.

Okay, that was enough playing with the goblins, next time I'll be tackling the Throne of Strench!

11. bazzaman

bazzaman Mushroom Warrior

great write ups makes waiting for a key a little less painful.

12. mightymushroom

I'm very impressed with your progress -- I did a lot more replaying adventures and leveling up heroes and I still had considerable difficulty making it through some of these. Good luck against Strench! ;)

13. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Well, it's starting to look like I'll need to stop for some leveling sooner or later...

Anyway, here's the first part of the next adventure, I'll add the rest tomorrow when I have time to write it down properly.

--

Did some shopping once gain.
    Bought Novice Mobility for Mizana. I hadn't seen talentless human skills before and now there was suddenly two in the shop. Oh well.
    Agreyn also bought Untrained Offense so he has something to use until he gets his talent. It has a Trip drawback card but the All Out Attack is still tempting enough.

I took a peek at the next adventure and since it seems to involve trogs I switched Mizana back to using Balsa Boltstaff and Orzo's Excellent Wand and switched Silvershield to using Mail Of The Questioner.

Throne of Strench

[​IMG]

Kudos to the map designer. The map's simple but my first thought at seeing this was 'Hey, this looks fun!'

As the heroes make their way forwards Silvershield peeks into one cave and sees it full of trogs, two of them heavily armored gougers.

"Ok, we'd better lure them out, we'll get skewered if we try to fight them there."
    "Leave it to me," Agreyn grunts. "Oy! Trogs! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

There is a confused silence in the cave and then a multitude of roars.

"Ok, spread out!"

Silvershield takes her position on the right side, Agreyn moving to the left side and Mizana pulling back a little, intending to zap the foes that come out.

The trogs move closer, the first one stopping right at the entrance but then they just wait.
    Mizana Long Sparks one of the speartrogs and when the foes still do nothing Mizana issues a Shift, Team command and Agreyn moves to the trog standing at the entrance.

The trog stabs the human fighter once but then falls as Agreyn's Strong Bludgeon cracks its thick skull. As the fighter is still behind the corner the other trogs can do nothing.

Silvershield heals Agreyn and I pass as well.

Next turn Agreyn is again Wimpy (I so need to find a better helmet for him...) and the foes move closer again.

[​IMG]

Silvershield boosts Agreyn with a Righteous Frenzy. The fighter takes a stab from the hairy beast but returns the favor with an Able Bludgeon, the hit partly absorbed by the trog's thick hide.
    The foes try to pour out of the cave but manage to move only one square as the first ones' attention is on Agreyn and the ones in the back can't get past the first ones.
    Agreyn hits the second foe coming from the cave and the foes try moving again but make no progress whatsoever.

Silvershild joins the fray by moving to the corner and dropping the first trog with her Violent Overswing.

[​IMG]

The foes move forward again and Agreyn takes a swing at the hairy beast facing him. He manages to block the return blow and then pulls back from corner as he's now out of attacks.

Without the fighter standing in the way the foes now spill out of cave and Silvershield pulls back as well.
    Agreyn gets stabbed but Mizana Long Sparks the gouger in the back while Agreyn retreats.

Next turn the gougers move again and Mizana gets Spark Inductor.

[​IMG]

Agreyn and Mizana retreat as the trog spearman also runs from the cave entrance. It notices Silvershield and chases after the dwarf but she retreats.

Next turn the speartrog again moves to spearing range of the dwarf but gets blasted down by Mizana's Sorcerous Bolt.
    The gougers join the chase, forcing Silvershield to retreat behind the corner.

The trogs suddenly change direction and run towards Mizana. Agreyn decides this is a good time to join the fight and Wild Runs behind the second trog.
    As Mizana gets stabbed by the first one Agreyn hits the second gouger in the back with a Strong Bludgeon.
    Mizana takes a second stab but fries the weaker trog with a Big Zap. (Bah, all that trouble to get behind the trogs and they didn't even happen to have any armor cards in hand...) She then retreats from the remaining foe.

Next turn the gouger pulls back to the previous area, clearly targeting Agreyn now.

[​IMG]

Agreyn moves closer to the the foe and while he gets a Strong Stab in his shoulder through his Hardy Mail, Silvershield traps the foe by moving to the opposite side of the foe.

Unable to decide what to do the foe just stands there and takes a Violent Overswing in the back from Silvershield. Swinging around to growl at the dwarf it takes Agreyn's Trained Bludgeon in its back.
    Its eyes go blank and for a moment it just sways on its feet but as Agreyn gives it a gentle push it falls with a huge 'THUMP'.

Well, that was easier than expected, partially because there was a nice chokepoint I could use and partially because Gary was foolish enough to discard the Crude Plates he did get on the earlier turns.

[​IMG]

Loot: Blinking Robe, Woodhome's Wound (An epic item, woo!)

14. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Fight two

Hmm, a nice map again, this time against six trogs (two gougers, two spearmen, two scuttlers).

[​IMG]

Everyone quickly moves to better locations as the foes move closer. Agreyn gets slapped with an Unholy Frenzy and as the first trog comes to spearing range Agreyn closes the distance with Wild Run, each quickly hitting the other despite the trog's Tough Hide.
    The scuttlers move and as they're now out of moves and attacks Mizana moves closer and blasts the closer one with Sorcerous Bolt and Fire Sprays, both unimpeded by the hairy beasts hide.
    It does however save the trog from burning to death at the start of the next turn and the scuttler promptly stabs Mizana.

[​IMG]

Agreyn's charge turns out to be a bit useless without attacks.
    Mizana gets to use her single Fire Spray as the other scuttler moves closer. The hairy beast seems unfazed thanks to its Thick Hide but the weaker one falls down screaming.

The gougers move closer and Mizana does the same, hoping to chase them back.
    On the other side Agreyn gets stabbed, the speartrog pulling back to spearing range.

The other speartrog moves closer to Mizana, forcing her to retreat. Silvershield also pulls back from the foes, getting the scuttler to pursue and allowing me to pass first.

The next turn begins with the flames eating at the remaining scuttler, its hide failing to protect it from the pain.

[​IMG]

Good, now my options look a lot better.

Mizana zaps the scuttler while Agreyn gets Strong Stabbed, the sharp blow managing to slip past two of his three armor layers.

Mizana retreats.
    The gougers move closer, Agreyn targetting one with an Able Bludgeon but hitting only its Crude Plates.

Silvershield gets Strong Stabbed by the gouger, charges the foe and gets stabbed again.
    She decides to use Wavering Faith on the foe, hoping to get rid of its armor but fails to accomplish that. (Damn, not only does the spell discard a different card from the foe, it makes Silvershield discard Violent Overswing I really would have wanted to use. I wish there was some indication which of my cards is the oldest card so I'd know which card I'll lose...)

The speartrogs move and Silvershield settles on killing the weakest foe.
    Agreyn gets stabbed again but this time all three armor layers help absorb the blow.

Silvershield retreats from the enemies, the speartrog in full pursuit. Mizana slams it backwards with a Telekinesis spell but the foe just resumes its chase unfazed.

[​IMG]

Agreyn moves behind the gouger and while he does get stabbed by the speartrog he does get to strike the gouger in the back.
    Mizana gets stabbed as well and joins but helps Agreyn by Big Zapping the gouger from the other side.
    The beast Strong Stabs Agreyn, the hit bypassing one armor layer but falls down lifeless as Mizana's second Big Zap hits its hairy back.

Mizana tries to lure gouger westward by running towards Agreyn. The plan works and the speartrog and the gouger chase after the sorceress, the first one getting to stab her.

Silvershield sees her opportunity and sneaks behind the gouger. As the beast does not hear her approach (I think Gary only had armor cards left at this point) the dwarf gets to hit the beast's unprotected back with a Violent Overswing, making it howl in pain.

Agreyn runs next to the western speartrog hoping to make it retreat on the next turn.

The next turn begins with Silvershield getting Potent Stabbed by the gouger. She does get Altruism but can't really take advantage of it right now.

[​IMG]

This is getting tricky. All the heroes are weak enough to potentially fall to one blow and there's still one foe with full health...

Agreyn moves first, hitting his opponent with Able Bludgeon but its Thick Hide hide manages to keep it still standing..
    Mizana gets stabbed but the hit is weak enough to keep her still on her feet.
    Agreyn's second blow drops his opponent but Silvershield falls to the eastern speartrog's stab.

Mizana and Agreyn flee from the trogs, the sorceress quickly Long Sparking the gouger, luckily hitting a spot unprotected by either of its Crude Plates.

Both heroes spend a full turn just fleeing with the trogs in pursuit.

The next turn Mizana turns to face the gouger chasing her.

[​IMG]

As the gouger discarded one of its Crude Plates earlier, I decide to take a chance and Big Zap the gouger.
    Good news: It fails its armor check.
    Bad news: It fails its first armor check, having drawn another armor card..
    Really bad news: Mizana falls as it now gets to stab her.

Agreyn tries to flee and make it to a better location to fight back. Although he does manage to draw a Block card that could help him he also draws a Trip card and the trogs quickly catch and stab him down.

To be continued...

15. Donnola

Donnola Mushroom Warrior

I think cards are ordered left-to-right from newest to oldest.
    Might be wrong, tho.

16. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

Other way around isnt it ? Oldest to newest ?

17. netWilk

netWilk Kobold

Based on the screenshots I'd say newest to oldest. Notice that the armour cards tend to end up on the right.

18. Ryuuji

Ryuuji Orc Soldier

Hmm seems kinda counter-intuitive though .....
    I could swear I have seen it in some Youtube videos that the new cards you draw get added to the right and the older stay on the left ..... let`s see

edit: I stand corrected , just watched them again and you are right. newest to oldest from left to right .

19. Donnola

Donnola Mushroom Warrior

Yay, got this one right :D

20. Zalminen

Zalminen Hydra

Ah, you're probably right. Thanks!