Is it weird that I feel underwhelmed by weapons...

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by Juxtapostion, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Is that a bad thing? How in the future will items using (greattoken)(ultimatetoken) be integrated in to multiplayer? Leagues?

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

There are no actual plans to use those tokens ever. We'll see :p

3. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

4. Xayrn

Xayrn Hydra

According to the current list, characters receive an 11th token at level 31 and a 12th one at level 36. If those tokens are instead never awarded, there would always be a need to include two tokenless items (or a tokenless weapon) in a deck, and we could eventually have our fancy orange and red tokens in the mix, too. Although we're looking pretty far down the road at this point.

Flaxative and Bandreus like this.
  5. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Since I don't expect BM to be able to produce new expansion/content at such a pace for considerations about MP-level/Power-tokens to get relevant soon, I'd like to hijack this thread (sorry!) and ask @Flaxative about something else.

EttSC introduced some fairly interesting cards, but obviously those got relegated to high-level items only. I felt like that was a shame since the early stages of the closed test, but I do see why things had to go that way.

Is there any chance (maybe the "mini-expansion") for new, lower level items (1 to 17) to be added to the game, so that one can get access to some of the new cards w/o having to spend major tokens? That'd really help opening up many more deck-building options.

doog37, uhlik, boopn and 2 others like this.
  6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Right now there are no plans for adding cards or items to the game at all past the Citadel expansion. But I'm paying attention to what users want ;)

Bandreus likes this.
  7. gulo gulo

gulo gulo Guild Leader

But what about:
    • deleting items
    • modifying items
    • editing items
    • balancing items
    • adjudicating items
    • thinking about items
    • not thinking about items
    • taking one item's items, and another item's items, and putting the items from the first item on the second item, and the items from the second item on the first item.
    • nullifying items
    • asking an item to go steady, or become an 'item'
    • doing any or all of the above with cards instead of items
    Just curious.

8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I'm pretty sure the devs will do something on that list, but they probably won't tell us about it.
    There is a possibility we should be grateful for the silence.

9. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Throon's Quick Laser Shield is #1 on my Must-Buy list because it's the only way to get laser cards without spending a major token. There are a few other new items that only need a minor token so you can get a couple of the non-laser cards too.

Bandreus likes this.
  10. Christofff

Christofff Guild Leader

I want cards with poison in a future expansion. Please.

Poison + accelerate time = fun

Not to mention, how cool poison weapons and items will look and sound.
    'Widow's weave'
    'Tainted shortsword'
    'Betrayers bane'

Magic Elves likes this.
  11. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

No adding cards or items past Citadel... well that's interesting. Makes me wonder in what other way the game could grow and expand (there is a giant and mostly empty world map out there afterall).

The name of the game is card hunter, can it survive without new cards to hunt for in the future?

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

lol... note the bolded words.
    No plans to do something ≠ plans not to.

13. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Flaxative likes this.
  14. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

Just got a Laser Rapier Legendary tonight.

http://wiki.cardhuntria.com/wiki/Items/Laser_Rapier

I feel like it's trying to be a Bejeweled shortsword, but somehow manages to end up being worse. The fiery stab and block are questionable at best, but those two cut downs in the back just hold it back way too much. 33% chance for critical failure, 16% chance to do 8 damage compared to BJS just carrying quad 11 damage cards on it along side the vicious thrusts.

Extremely underwhelming for a Legendary weapon compared to a common weapon.

15. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

16. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

I obviously can't speak for Jon's mind, but given that plans for levels up to 50 were calculated for from the start, there's a reasonable chance he's considered multiplayer for the future- then again, I've been told PvP got added in after the fact, so perhaps not.

But, I can at least speak from my own design experience [or what I'm able to remember of it, now]:
    Looking at the projected Power Token table, and presuming design experience and methodology similar to what I worked with, the end game for multiplayer would involve two modes, one remaining persistent at level 18 (4 tokenless, 4 (minortoken), 4 (majortoken)), and another existing at level 36 (3 (minortoken), 3 (majortoken), 3 (greattoken), 3 (ultimatetoken)).

The basis of that is, it's the most intrinsically balanced level showing up later on the table [the core of a distinct pvp experience is variety in possible builds, and that's the single level most fundamentally conducive to such- though that relies on a desire to have very precise building, else a level that is more conducive to simple building, eg level 34 with 4 (majortoken), may be preferable], AND it forms a firm harmony with the level 18 multiplayer [being double its value].

So, in theory, we'll see a change to to multiplayer in the future- but not any time soon.

Then again, that's based on the assumptions I made at the start of the post, as well as assuming the higher tier tokens will actually be used in the future.

Your second quoted post seems to scramble that right up :oops:

17. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Item Crafting, Item Crafting, Item Crafting...
    Zero token human skills?