mauve manticore & two general suggestions

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by istenszek, Jul 16, 2015.

1. istenszek

istenszek Kobold

more changes in games:
    • increase the selling cost of usable items
    for example, the shieldpopper, an epic level 9 weapon with 2 power tokens, is only 20 gold
    at the same time, an uncommon level 15 martial skill with 1 power token is 2 gold
    • on mauve manticore, WARN that you're going to get no loot. i'd not ask to put a loot, cause it's about the creator user's discretion
    • add swear words filter checkbox

2. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Mauve Manticore does give loot. There are no Mauve Manticores where there is no loot.

3. istenszek

istenszek Kobold

i got no loot.. i finished it though..

4. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

You're mistaking how the game works.
    Item level is ENTIRELY irrelevant to item value, and only really relates to how the item is affected by Renown in terms of its purchase cost in shops.

Item value is determined by how good an item is for its token cost, meaning a level 6 tokenless item could be just as valuable as a level 12 1 blue token item.

Rarity, on the other hand, is determined by how rare the cards in the item are. So an item with more rare cards has a higher rarity.

Item value per-rarity is intentionally made consistent- especially since changing that would make farming low level quests very undesirable, and a big part of PvE is being able to farm out specific level ranges (ie, token ranges) of items, especially when chasing the Loot Fairy and Hidden Bandit.

So no, that's not going to change :X

As far as Manticore, it doesn't give any special kind of loot boost, but it does give loot equal to a standard adventure.
    If you didn't get any, it either went straight to your inventory, or the game glitched somehow.

:X Sorry if the latter is the case.

[PS, you can know for sure that you completed it, and the game considered you as completing it, if the next lower level (in this case Manticore 6) of Manticore opened up for you]

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Just played MM7 for the first time, and the game didn't give me a loot screen after the first battle (I may have clicked the "Get Loot" button twice because of lag). I did get normal loot from the other two battles.

Afterwards I went into the collection excess tool to see if the first battle's loot was there and... I have a ton of excess loot. I suspect I misclicked a bunch while opening my saved chests.

6. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

How does that tool work? Or rather, what's it intended for?

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It lists every item in your inventory that exceeds the maximum number usable.
    - If you have 5 boots of a type, it will list that boot as having an excess of 2.
    All treasures are set to a usable quantity of 1. (This part is a collector thing.)

DunDunDun likes this.
  8. Java

Java Kobold

It helps you figure out which things to sell based on the absolute maximum you could use of an item - e.g., you can only use 3 of the same shield in a party at one time, or 6 divine weapons, so you might as well sell any extras beyond that number.

Hmm, moments later, but what Sir Veza said!

DunDunDun likes this.
  9. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Oh, thanks! Kalin's post makes a lot more sense now :)

And that's quite the useful tool, I'll have to keep it in mind :D

10. istenszek

istenszek Kobold

well, i highlighted (is it correct?) an annoying problem

11. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

That is correct. Resell prices have been a topic of discussion since beta. I've proposed some myself. While I still consider them a bit irrational, I must admit they seem to be working okay. I doubt Jon is inclined to change them at this point.
    As stated earlier, all Mauve Manticore adventures should give loot based upon yur renown level. If they don't, it's a bug.
    I doubt the swear word policy will change. I think it's an auto-filter, and altering it would be at the bottom of the priority list, if it's on the list at all.
    One thing I've noticed is that players who request changes are the ones who care about the game. Thanks for caring and sharing!

Bandreus, Farbs, DunDunDun and 3 others like this.
  12. istenszek

istenszek Kobold

i know it's at the bottom of the list, but it was a change i wanted :D

Sir Veza likes this.
  13. HunterMike

HunterMike Mushroom Warrior

Hey all, can someone tell me why only certain Mauve Manticore adventures are available? All I have on my map are #s 5 and 7. Available by difficulty?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Each one when beaten will unlock the next lower numbered one, except

15. HunterMike

HunterMike Mushroom Warrior

Huh, really should be more in-game info on that.