Card Hunter Releases on Steam on the 13th of July!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Yeah, I told him about that earlier today. There's a lot of little things you can do with Steam to really increase viewership and potential customers. From News updates to certain posts that get picked up on the client.

2. Nym

Nym Kobold

Err, Excuse me i have some questions about this update.

1. I like to play game as in my browser. Should i need to install steam for further updates for this game?
    2. Are we staying equal with steam players? For example most of games give away things to peoples who played on steam. I dont want to install steam but are they receive extra things such as costumes, special items or titles etc?
    3. I inspected that Co-op mode, can we co-op with steam player without having connection problems? The connection problems are occured in many games for example Dungeon defenders, elsword, fiesta online ( i give this examples because they were non-steam games before they enter, they tried to stick in both side and now they are all dead games.)
    4.Steam is good society but also filled with hackers, for example i played Elsword before it comes to steam. They hacked the steam cloud to make huge amounts game cash(for example pizza for us) game cash comes handle even in chests, if a hacker wins ranked match and he/she detected as hacker, is our ranked game ratings coming back? (Hacking steam is can be found on youtube,blogs, forums and other social networks.)

You guys will call me paranoid but it happens in all games which enters steam.

3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

1. Future updates will be available on all platforms.
    2. There will be steam achievements and steam trading cards for steam profile pages, but no bonus items/costumes or things of that sort for playing on Steam.
    3. Obviously the hope is everything works smoothly, we'll only know after things go live.
    4. Outside of my realm of expertise to answer this one.

4. Stage

Stage Orc Soldier

http://steamcharts.com/app/65800

Dungeon Defenders is far from a dead game!

5. Nym

Nym Kobold

Sadly its dead after Dungeon Defenders Eternity comes.

Thanks a lot for answers :)

6. Merdis

Merdis Orc Soldier

I noticed that EttSC is currently discounted (12.99$). How long will it last?

7. Will

Will Kobold

It's seems to be released to Steam now. But there is no Play button to download the game and play it.

8. Ineptie

Ineptie Mushroom Warrior

Exactly what will said.

9. Stexe

Click on someones name that is playing the game and click "Launch Game" or whatever. That will load it up. No clue what's going on with the Steam store though.

10. Will

Will Kobold

Wont work if my friends and others cannot Download and play it either.
    We just need to wait.

11. Will

Will Kobold

Its there now. Lets go mates!

Stexe likes this.
  12. Stage

Stage Orc Soldier

DDE has been and gone; *that* is a dead game. Call it a failed experiment, and DD1 has the playerbase back now. Presumably DD2 will have the majority once it's out of early access, though nothing I've seen or heard of it has led me to believe it's as fun as DD1.

More on-topic: Woo, the Steam client works pretty well, and I can't overstate how much I love the new missions!

Stexe and Flaxative like this.
  13. vicco1

vicco1 Kobold

Hi! I play Card Hunter on my browser. What are the advantages/disadvantages of getting the Steam version? Some games on Steam can be played even offline. Is this the case for the Steam version of Card Hunter?

14. Will

Will Kobold

Steam and Browser version is exactly same. But in Steam version, you get Achievements, Steam Card Hunter cards and you can buy Pizzas and stuff with Steam Wallet. I recommend Steam version.

You cannot play in Offline mode in both version.

15. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Yeah, no offline play, but some assets are downloaded locally to your computer, so loading times should be faster with the Steam version.

16. Garcia98

Garcia98 Kobold

And is there any chance for you to make a HTML5 version of Card Hunter?
    In this way it would be easier to access from almost all platforms.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That would be a complete recreation of the game, a huge project. So, don't expect it. Sorry.

18. Stexe

These 15 minute login queues... makes me never want to log out again!

19. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I thought you already never logged out ;D

Bandreus, Pawndawan and boopn like this.
  20. Stexe