EttSC Trailer and Info!

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Stexe, Jul 2, 2015.

1. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

The way it's set up, you get the option to connect your Steam account to your existing account only when it first detects a first-time Steam login. There isn't a system in place to merge two accounts at a later time.

2. Accent

Accent Hydra

It's going to be interesting to see how these more random actions affect the meta; I would guess that they'll probably be too unreliable to see much PvP play, but we'll have to wait and see.

I have long been curious why the die-rolling and/or randomness mechanic has been limited to armor and blocks, so again, it will be interesting to see how this shakes out in the EttSC: are many of the cards like this, or is it a small minority?

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

It applies to all damage types (crushing, piercing, unholy, radiation, etc.). As long as the "Adapted to" attachment is in place, the character can't be harmed by that type of damage. If you bring enough damage types you can hit with whatever has cycled off. Purging will remove the attachments, but each hit will generate a new card. Armor removal is the best solution, but "shredding" won't work because Adaptable doesn't prevent any damage.
    Fire and Arcane Bursts were my first thoughts, but a vamp team in particular would be shut down hard by Adaptable.

Stexe and DunDunDun like this.
  4. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Most of the lasers. You get added damage, but there's a chance for a malfunction. Some of these are quite ugly.

5. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

So:
    1: Hinders single-type mages
    2: Hinders single-type warriors
    3: Hinders single-type priests
    At the cost of shuffling off any traits the user may have, and with the downside that it can be purged.

Seems like a great way to encourage versatility without being imbalanced.
    Obviously we'll see how it works in play, but so far it seems great.

The one flaw I see is that if purging becomes more universal among the classes as the devs stated, cards like this and Nimbus really make it very desirable, if not potentially near-mandatory, to carry purges.

Then again, purges haven't exactly been super compelling to keep in deck otherwise, so this may not necessarily be a bad thing- more of a build dynamic change than any sort of imbalance.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Imagine if winds/gust of war did sonic damage then you could give them useless sonic immunity. Also misguided heal does holy damage which would give them a useless holy immunity.

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

That would also nerf Spark Generator/Inductor! Great suggestion :)

Vakaz likes this.
  8. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

and Telekinesis :D wow that would be a great world for warriors.

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Nope, sorry. Telekinesis is a utility, not an attack. No damage to trigger Adaptable.

timeracers and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  10. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Perhaps "psychic" would by more appropriate than "sonic" for telekinesis?

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  11. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Where are you getting sonic from?
    It's 'Arcane' typed =O

12. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Don't forget you can use a weak attack (like weak strike or spark) on your own characters to give them immunity to that type of damage.

Sir Veza likes this.
  13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Absolutely! But we got spoiled on the test server. The hardest part will probably be finding one of the three legendary armors (one per class) with a copy of Adaptable. :p It certainly isn't being spammed at this point.

14. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Those are on my list of things I was supposed to be saving my gold for, along with the better Laser Whip items, a certain legendary shield, and the world's coolest epic weapon. Everything else I wanted was rare or lower.

15. Accent

Accent Hydra

I already have a Blazing Shortsword.

:p

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. Kerensky

Kerensky Orc Soldier

Just one? I have at least six!

17. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The card that makes your item cool is one of the worst cards on my item. :p

18. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Backbiting strike,(hacks, chops, PoK) arcane feedback, brain burn,(arcane bursts) ouch,(step attacks, stabs) and traveling curse(vamp attacks and unholy buffs) can allow you to adapt at minimal cost. Also you can give your characters buffs while giving them adapted to unholy(vamp attacks and buffs).

20. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

And Jon still hasn't revealed my three favorite cards in the set (a block, a movement, and an armor).