moar wild speculation

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by neoncat, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Now that the name and trailer have been released online, we'll probably get more info here.

2. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

That auto scrolling of screenshots is horribly aggravating :/

Fascinating stuff. Seems April-Foolsy, given the sci-fi elements, but damn good regardless, and /by this point I don't care if it's fake or not it's CH news and it makes me happy/.

Oh, I did have one question for the devs about the Steam Release, though- will there be any way to buy content for the game through Steam [eg, can I use my Steam Wallet toward the new expansion] or will payments all still be fully internalized?

3. Accent

Accent Hydra

We can only hope!

4. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

Great birthday present for me!

Flaxative, Sir Veza and Bandreus like this.
  5. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

I noticed on Rudolph the Mules's Twitter that the talk button is being disabled. Is this because we're getting better/different talk support? It would be a shame to lose functionality.

Oh and grats to everyone who made the Expedition to the Barrier Peaks connection early on. This is clearly so inspired, while also drawing on the Shodan refs. Very cool.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
    Mr. Magnifico likes this.
  6. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

Stuff from the video (spoilers)

• Rad Bomb (gold) looks funny for campaign play but maybe not competitive.
    • Battery Explosion (harsh) :) It does have offensive potential.
    • Laser Barrage (maybe for monsters only)
    • Rocket Dash seems to introduce drawing from specific sub decks of cards
    • Laser Whip is 8/2 Green so let's hope its on a cool item that's playable
    • Gene Therapy might make running handicaps really fun and cool
    • Adapted to Acid: hmmmmm, does this just nullify damage or does it also prevent armor loss?
    • Based on Black Plume's 18+, the module "Throne of the Mechanical Man" supporting lvl 20-22 might theoretically you can reach lvl 25...assuming the +3 level cap, but don't count on this since level 25 would be a "great" token, and I think it's confirmed we don't get new power tokens. That means you're likely capped at 24 (sad face).

7. Accent

Accent Hydra

I wonder what the additional effect is, because that's not better than Impaling Stab (gold) or Potent Stab (silver).

8. Getorix

Getorix Orc Soldier

Agree that I'm curious, but I'm sure the effect is significant.

9. Will

Will Kobold

"Card Hunter hunting for a Steam release this month"
    Uh oh! Cant wait!!

10. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

"Elven time traveling Space Cowboys" was also eerily accurate. And I was partially right about "Exporting to the Steam Client".

11. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Yeah, but we knew about the Steam thing.

Having insights into Jon's maddened schemes to stick fantasy characters into a sci-fi nightmarescape, on the other hand, takes talent..

..Or engaging an excessive use of [Loot] Fairy Dust.
    So I guess Flaxy probably knew before Jon did :X

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Sir Veza likes this.
  12. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

Unless it has changed since I last worked on it and I didn't notice, the Steam version does support using Steam Wallet.

Robauke, Bandreus and DunDunDun like this.
  13. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

If I do say so myself, I pretty much nailed it. I told you guys it was calling it.

Sir Veza, Accent and Flaxative like this.
  14. Accent

Accent Hydra

I will wildly speculate that the test server is about to be back up.

15. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Well, Melodious should be thrilled. :p

Though, he's not the only one- as uninterested in the sci-fi miniatures as I am, the content looks like an insanely fun time, and that's before you get into the thrill of being able to freely mix magic and science in a game.

Jon basically approached it going "What could I put out that'll be fun? Hmm.. and now, what can I do that's better than even that? ..eff it all, I'm sticking us in space and we're going to fight evil robots with lasers, because I butter my toast with awesomesauce every morning and refuse to accept anything less."

^ Actual quote! =O

Of course, there's also the possibility that Jon grew up on Spelljammer, loving it, and the entire Card Hunter project was a lead-in to this expansion occuring :)

timeracers likes this.
  16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yep, ya nailed it. That's why you're the Magnifico! :cool:

17. attog

attog Mushroom Warrior

Pretty clearly looks based on the classic AD&D module Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, which was about a dungeon crawl through a downed spaceship. Excellent choice, looking forward to this!

18. Mr. Magnifico

Mr. Magnifico Thaumaturge

I also go by Mr. Magnifico in Kingdom of Loathing. (It's one of the very few non-evil free-to-play browser games other than CH. It's a different sort of game than CH, but has a sensibility that I think a lot of CH players would enjoy. I have been meaning to write about it in an Off-Topic post. Anyway . . .) Once upon a time there was a major revamp in the works, featuring the addition of a bunch of new skills. I wrote up a post proposing a set of new skills, which I posted just moments before the game's designer posted describing the set of new skills that he had just implemented. The two posts were virtually identical. Thanks to this being discussed on the game's long-running podcast, to this day, in KoL circles, taking one's "Mr. Magifico pills" is synonymous with having uncanny predictive prowess. It amuses me to no end to think that they work here too.

Accent, Pawndawan, Bandreus and 2 others like this.
  19. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Clearly the force is strong in this one

Sir Veza and Mr. Magnifico like this.
  20. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Hmm. Psion would make for a fascinating additional class [though pretty unlikely to be added, given that it's basically mage + sci-fi weaponry by another name].
    And if it were ever implemented, I think you'd have to consider it mandatory to exclusively play the class :D

Well, you keep dumping your points into being party psychic;
    I'm going to keep dumping everything into Favored Enemy: Gnomes, for the inevitable Gnome Uprising expansion pack.

Sir Veza and Mr. Magnifico like this.