Card Ideas

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by timeracers, Jan 2, 2015.

1. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Cursed Harness
    Armor 1, keep. 2+
    Whenever you roll a die for armor, subtract one from it. (keep)
    Suggested as a black= (-3, E) card

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome Orc Soldier

Feint: melee attack. 0 damage. cantrip. draw a card.

3. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Feint should draw a card even if blocked...

ParodyKnaveBob likes this.
  4. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

IMO no card draw if blocked, but add hard to block 3.

5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Lol...

I hope you guys understand that card would be amethyst. ;)

6. uhlik

uhlik Orc Soldier

I am looking forward for more complex cards...
    The game is still quite simple and I miss cards allowing more interesting combos.

Just a very few:

- cards (attacks?) that return into your hand at a beginning of a next turn. (while unblocked for example, or they can damage you as well, or they force you to discard another card while played...)
    - summoning cards
    - more multipurpose/hybrid cards
    • attack and THAN move
    • block damaging an opponent while succesfull
    • drawing a card and posibly playing it right away
    • more simple combinations (attack OR block, asist OR armor...)
    - more complex attachements
    • duration until damaged
    • "disease" attachement - transfers/spread with contact/attack
    - more efects while in hand (like armor, All out Attack...)
    - more amusing handicaps
    • taking damage every time you draw a card
    • forcing you to discard your hand at the end of turn (possibly drawing one more card at the start)
    • taking damage every time you play a card
    - cards with possible cantrip
    • attack while succesfull
    • move while ending next to an opponent

... ok, back to work again :)

tolkien, ParodyKnaveBob, CT5 and 2 others like this.
  7. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

@Pawndawan A feint should draw out a block right? Like the purpose is to get your next attack in successfully. But yeah maybe drawing anyways is too excessive.
    What about instead of drawing a card and/or cantrip
    a successful feint makes the opponent discard a melee card...

Pawndawan likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I feel like Startling Strike is a feint. It's a weak attack that uses up their block 100% of the time and leaves them open to your next attack.

ParodyKnaveBob and Juxtapostion like this.
  9. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Thats true. I have never looked at that card like that before. I think i would be willing to trade 8 damage for cantrip, or card draw though...

10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Not Unnerving Strike - Startling Strike. And of course you'd trade the damage for cantrip and/or card draw. That's why I was saying that the proposed Feint would be hella broken unless it was super high quality ;)

Juxtapostion and Inkfingers like this.
  11. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Feint: Melee Slashing Attack, 0 Damage, immediately draw a card.

There. Much more balanced. Still very powerful (Probably Silver Uncommon/Rare or Copper Rare? I'm not good at rarities, someone else figure that out), but not the crazy-level brokenness that cantrip adds. In a way, it would be a different variation on Spin Around (Silver Common) - a card that does very little besides draw you a card on it's own, can be buffed to moderate effect, and periodically becomes relevant when it stops some bad situation your opponent was about to put you in. It would probably have a higher rarity than Spin Around, if only because damage is easier to buff, and the card, being an attack, could show up on WAY more items.

EDIT: Thinking about Cantrip Card Draw - two of the three main qualities of Traits, effectively - It's crazy powerful, especially on attacks. Cantrip and Card Draw effects both accelerate the game in really important ways, and there is a good reason that pretty much every Cantrip/Draw card has to be played immediately upon drawing it.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    ParodyKnaveBob and Flaxative like this.
  12. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Grab: Melee Crushing, 0 Damage, Halt duration 1 or until attacker moves.

The idea is that you are holding your opponent in place. But its not a true halt because you can "let go" by moving. I think it would be a cool niche card that can punish the dancing step elves that I love dearly.

13. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

Maybe "Attach to Self and Opponent. Halt Duration 1, or until this character moves. If either copy is removed, the other is as well." so moving, purging, or pushing the trait off of either one frees them both. Alternately, "When an adjacent character moves", so you're not making the card track the character that played it.

Also, what happens when the attacker dies? Is the defender still Halted?

14. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Well I was thinking about something like that. Though the whole point is that the halt is only on the receiving end. I guess though that halt would keep the character from playing a move card. But, I would like the attacker to be able to "let go".

Now that you mention purge, it should be purge proof.

And yes if the attacker dies then it goes away.

15. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

How about this for grab
    Damage 0(can be buffed). Range 1. Attach to target. Halt. Duration 1 or until the character who played this card moves or is moved or is dead.
    Melee Crushing Attack
    Suggested as paper+(1, D+)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  16. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

Sounds good!

Then you could have a weapon like Fire Poker: 2x Strong Bludgeon, 2x Puncturing Stab, 2x Grab. Lvl 10 (minortoken)(minortoken)

What rarity would you suggest @timeracers ?

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Rare, it's way too complex for any other rarity.

18. Juxtapostion

Juxtapostion Hydra

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Generally I give a good rating estimate but for the rarity I leave it all to the devs because it's mostly arbitrary with a bit based on complexity.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  20. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

With that version, you have the awkwardness of Run, Team! or Retreat leaving a character halted, but nowhere near the person who grabbed them, which doesn't make sense.

How about this version:
    Bind (Melee Crushing Attack) (Paper Rare)
    0 Damage, Range 1. Easy to block 1. Attach to target. Halt, Duration 1 or until the targeted character moves or takes slashing damage.

Then you could have a whole series! Things like:
    Hog-Tie (Melee Crushing Attack) (Copper Rare)
    0 Damage, Range 1. Easy to block 1. Attach to target. Halt, Duration 2 or until the targeted character moves or takes slashing damage.

Or:
    Lasso (Projectile Crushing Attack) (Paper+ Rare)
    0 Damage, Range 3. Easy to block 1. Attach to target. Halt, Duration 1 or until the targeted character moves or takes slashing damage.

Am I sensing a western theme in our future?

Ride Into Sunset (Assist) (Gold Rare)
    Gain one VP. The character who played this card is removed from the board. Your opponent gains no VP for this.

Wilhelm Scream (Assist) (Copper Rare)
    If this card is in your character's hand when it dies, reveal it. Your opponent gains 1 less VP for killing this character than normal.

Juxtapostion, Pawndawan and CT5 like this.