[suggestion] Alternate races league

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Accatitippi, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Accatitippi

Accatitippi Kobold

I, like many others I guess, would really like more variability in playable characters, both in MP and SP. (MM is really cool, but it's not the same thing).
    It's clear we won't be getting new classes any time soon, since that's a whole lot of work.
    New races would be easier and cool, though.
    A way to introduce them gradually and easily to MP could be making custom-party leagues where normal races would be swapped for alternate races, eg: humans with rockmen, elves with fairies and dwarves with giant candy men. Each character would have their hp changed and their racial skills would be swapped with an example one for the alternate race.
    Then if they seem to work well and be well-accepted by players they may be introduced to the real game, getting a real set of racial skill items.
    Some idea for racial movement cards could be:
    Inesorable shuffle: 1 movement, add a shuffle to your hand.
    Spin around.
    Bide your time: blue/orange: 3 movement/may keep one of this in your hand for free.
    Violent twist: blue/orange: 2 movement/all your attack cards gain cantrip. (unless blocked?)
    They'd also need some characteristic racial skills, of course.
    Would that be possible, and do you like the idea?

2. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

You must have some fun dreams at night~

A 'monster league' doesn't sound too bad as a casual concept, but- especially with all the other content suggestions being thrown around- we need to better clarify its niche.

For example, Quick Draws are based on randomized parties and drafting. PvP (and any PvE component thereof) is based on preset level-locked parties.

What sort of gameplay structure are you considering here?

If it's just a special tournament that happens on occasion where you select races, would it involve drafting or preset items with the racial trait slot locked and filled by a preset special item?

3. Accatitippi

Accatitippi Kobold

What I have in mind is a league ("a special tournament that happens on occasion") where your active multiplayer party (one you've built in advance with items you have gained from chests, no drafting is involved) is changed in a completely predictable manner, so that it only contains "monster" races.
    If your party is Elf Wizard, Elf Warrior and Dwarf Priest, it'll become Fairy Wizard, Fairy Warrior and Candyman Priest.
    Their racial skills would indeed be filled with a "preset special item", that is: Fairy Standardness for Fairies and Candyman Standardness for Candymen.
    Players would get the ability to build their parties around said standard skills.

I do have fun dreams.

Edit: Spelling candyman is hard.

Sir Veza and DunDunDun like this.
  4. DunDunDun

DunDunDun Thaumaturge

Try singing it.

Pawndawan and Sir Veza like this.
  5. juaner

juaner Kobold

i will love to see a new race, there are a lot of races in D&D we could think one of them to use it

6. Pawndawan

Pawndawan Champion of Cardhuntria

Mr. Magnifico likes this.