Humble Card Game Bundle (get the Basic Edition and other games)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

We're part of the new Humble Card Game Bundle!

https://www.humblebundle.com/?cardgame_bundle

You can pay what you want for a bundle of awesome online card games. If you pay at least $12 you'll receive a key to the Basic Edition (as well as other cool stuff).

You can redeem this key using our new key system so long as you don't already own the Basic Edition. If you do - give them key to someone else!

Yes, you can redeem keys using existing accounts or new accounts.

Magic Elves, Sir Veza, Stexe and 6 others like this.
  2. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

Pleasing news, always liked humble bundle. Looking forward to fresh players.

3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

So it's effectively a half price sale for Basic Edition with a bunch of other games thrown in.

4. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

The other games might not see it that way, but that is one way to look at it :)

Stexe, CT5, Sir Veza and 1 other person like this.
  5. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

Wow. Math.

6. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Nice to see CH joining the Humble Bundle. Never got the basic edition so the extra figures would be nice to have. What happens if you already bought treasure hunts and then redeem the basic edition? Do you get a refund or partial refund of the pizza?

7. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Nope. Anything already unlocked remains unlocked, but no discounts for partial pre-purchases. (As it is the Humble Bundle already gives you half off.)

8. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

^ Still well worth it. Was getting low on pizza and my club membership just ran out again anyways.

$12 for month of club membership + 100 Pizza + figs - SOLD

9. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Ha ha, it was great to see Card Hunter in that list in my inbox. When I went to check things out at the bundle page, I clicked on the Card Hunter link and . . . I couldn't access your site! My goodness, had there been such a surge in popularity that Card Hunter went down?

Nope, sadly, it was just me having internet troubles. But there are tens of thousands of people who've bought the bundle already, so at least some of them are going to come here too.

10. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I am one of those people who jump up and down and do a silly dance when I am very excited, and I am drawing some very strange looks from people.

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

In order to reduce the number of strange looks you're receiving, I'll tell you that people have to pay at least $12 on the bundle in order to get the CH Basic Edition and the average purchase is $7.74 right now—which to me indicates that significantly fewer than half of those purchasing the bundle are receiving the Basic Edition. :eek:

12. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

$7.74 is fairly good for the average price of a humble bundle. I think the CH bonus may be driving it up. For every person who pays $0.01(common), someone else is paying $15.

13. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Have the Humble folks ever released stats on what percentage of people pay minimum/better-than-average/premium?

And just for the record, the average price was about a dollar less, ten hours ago. (And up 1 cent since Flax's post.)

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Yeah the average is slowly increasing :)

15. Killer Bee

Killer Bee Orc Soldier

You guys might not be allowed to say it, but... you can set it to give all the money to CH like I just did (well, it's also the only one I wanted).

CT5, Bandreus and Flaxative like this.
  16. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I think you mean $1 as that's the minimum. It is fairly common for people to buy stuff for $1 and resell it months later for a bit more.

Anyway, glad that this happened as it is a great way to get Card Hunter's name out there. Now for that Steam release...

17. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Best humble bundle Ever!

*sneaks back into the shadows*

Jon, Farbs, Sir Veza and 2 others like this.
  18. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Phooey I wish I read this 2 days ago... I just bought pizza for 2 months of club membership (not that I mind) this would have been a nice little deal for me still might do it to check out some other games (not that I have time). I would like some new figures even if I ALWAYS show off my kitties every chance I get. Although the sound they make when they get hit still messes with my wife! :p
    You know it might be a coincidence but I swear the last to times my club membership ran out I got a legendary treasure in the club spot within 24 hours... I am a sucker for legendary treasures, even if I am sitting on over 7k gold for the first ever waiting for the handful of legendary item I want to hit the stores.

19. timeracers

timeracers Guild Leader

Question: Does it give a key for the basic edition?
    Also if I did buy it can I get a way to get 10 pizza I would be willing to pay kreds?

20. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

It gives a key for the Basic Edition. However, if you already have the Basic Edition it won't let you redeem it. We talked about possibly having it give you 1 month + 100 pizza if you already had the Basic Edition, but Jon decided against that. Maybe you could talk to him about using the code for that though.