Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Foz

Foz Lizardman Priest

I like Staff Of Winter better for MP. It does better amounts of damage (instead of terrible Cone Of Cold damage) and it's far easier to guarantee you can hit 1 target than trying to wait for multiples to make Cone Of Cold actually worth it. Some folks really swear by Cone though, so if you're one of those feel free to switch. I personally would save the 2500 in favor of the comparable Staff of Winter though.

For SP, why try to slow mobs down when you can crush them with damage instead? Trading out cards that could be Firestorm, Volcano, or other heavy hitters to get wimpy encumber cards seems like a losing strategy to me, or at least much inferior to available alternatives, especially ones that utilize the major token these items also require.

Kazaf likes this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Flaxative? Ruffian? ROFL!
    Flax may be a lot of things, including a merciless CH player, But ruffian?
    Hm. On second thought, he might actually pass for one in Berkeley, but certainly not in Oakland or Compton.
    It was great before the encumber nerf. Zombiecicles were dead in their tracks. Now it doesn't slow them at all. Most of the frost items are grossly overvalued in light of their degraded performance.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Best comment about me on these forums so far :)

4. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

i think i heard this about you before somewhere...

5. BlackVoidDeath

6. Jezterscap

Jezterscap Lizardman Priest

Bloodchopper , Shieldripper and the skull for definate.

7. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Darkblood Glaive is nice if you like wizards. Nothing else screams out if you're broke.

Skull of Savage Iljin is the only one I'd get. Shieldripper is overrated. I ran it for a while but it was just an 8 damage attack way too often.

Sir Veza, Foz and BlackVoidDeath like this.
  8. Wow, that thing looks really terrible. I can't see carrying it around at half the token cost.

Thirded on the skull, though.

9. BlackVoidDeath

ok so everyone thinks i should buy the skull? ok will do & i added that hammer because of the soothing darkness although i agree now that i look at it i cant see myself using it in a deck :p

10. canefargo

canefargo Kobold

11. BlackVoidDeath

Bleneth's Skull is good for a 2 warrior deck and Sundersong is good in a non mage party so i would buy those 2 - or if you dont have the gold for it then buy the second Petochl's Sword. (Nimbus Blade is good too)

12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I use both of these, but only because they dropped for me. I wouldn't buy them.

I'd wait for a White Flame instead. Burn decks need a lot of legendaries, so you shouldn't waste your money on second best items.

13. True, though it also depends somewhat on what you already have. Two Red Flames equal one White Flame and one Staff Of A Million Embers exactly (same cards, same token cost), so once my first RF dropped, getting a second was a bit higher priority for me than getting either of the others on its own. (Of course, Instant Burn doesn't have to be paired with Ember Burst, but they do go famously well together, especially if you also balance them with two or three Flame Jet items.)

14. kyokasuigetsu

kyokasuigetsu Kobold

So what do you guys think about Focused Thinker? I'm thinking about a way to use Anvil Strike and this seems like the best choice paired with an Arrogant Armor item (preferably Bern's hehe). But I'm not sure if it can still be playable outside that niche...
    Is it worth it?

I bought a White Flame but I still haven't get Staff Of A Million Embers so I couldn't use it to its fullest. But 2xRed Flame do the trick

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I'm so jealous. I want a chance to buy that one.

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Flax loves it because of the card cycling from handicaps. Unlike arrogant armor, it allows retaining frenzy, nimbus, and the like. (But not Blind Rage.) If you want to play with large weapons, it might be the hot ticket.

17. Inkfingers

Inkfingers Thaumaturge

First time in a while coming for advice... Randi's gave me the following options this week:

New Legendaries:
    Bloody Stoutness - Probably passing on this one, unless someone can make a good argument for it.
    Bolg's Club Of Evasion - I already have Bolg's Iron Plate, and part of me wants to just complete the set. I know it USED to be good. Donno if it is now.
    Czint's Buckler - Decent tokenless shield, right? I have a couple of Snitrick's Shields already, and I'm not sure this is better.
    Oquith's Choking Incense - Sounds fun. Donno if I'd actually use it, but might be worth it just because it's such a unique and focused item.

New Epics:
    Emperor's Plate - You can't quite say "It's good to be the king" while wearing this, but I'm not sure I really care. I can't quite imagine how I'd use it in the current meta, so I'd probably wait.

Repeat Legendaries:
    Searing Pain - This would be my second. I've got a fair selection of high-power staves, but three Fireballs is three Fireballs.

Repeat Epics:
    Mad Eskin's Pin - I'm largely considering this because Telekinesis is fun. The Arcane Spray is weak, though, so I'm not entirely sure.
    Keen Baselard - I've had one of these for a while, and it's served as a decent tokenless weapon option from time to time. I'm using all token'd weapons on my current warriors, but the asymetry of having to run one Baselard and one of something else always bothered me, and grabbing a second would solve that if my build ever changed again. It might be more worth it to wait for one of the more powerful legendaries, though, like The Strongarm or something.

Other items are ones I know aren't worth it, either because they're not worth the cost (Boxton's Razorstaff), because I already have one (Clovidian's Mail) or both (Gaudekki's Orb)

Thoughts?

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Foz likes this.
  19. j3st3ri

j3st3ri Thaumaturge

I wouldn't buy any tokenless legendary shield; I'm completely happy with the Twisting Shield.

I'd save my major power token and money by buying Crespin's Shroud when I have the chance.