Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Tragus

Tragus Kobold

So I have Golden Wings and Phantom Pain in Randimars, but only enough gold to buy 1. I already have 1 Phantom Pain but it is very good. Golden wings seems more niche, but flight aura is very rare, and might be sick on an elf warrior. Randi resets in 5 hours. Any thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

I wouldn't get either unless you have specific builds in mind if you're that low on gold. If you're using Wings of Faith just to get past difficult or impassable terrain faster it seems like a waste on most maps. If you're using it so you can get a backstab on an enemy Surestrike Blessing is probably what you want instead.

3. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

im after golden wings for a while.
    Its like you say, cast fly on an elf warrior and you can easily go after the soft target in the back. I build a deck around the idea and it worked well against burst.
    Niche but definitely not something i would pass on.

4. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I want that for my Aristocat build, but I can't afford it even if it was offered to me.

6. Ector

Ector Hydra

Hard to decide what to buy this week... any feedback is appreciated!

Axe Of The Titans. Got much better after the OB nerf IMHO, but still lacks the tech like "hard to block" or something like that.
    Beater. I already have one and didn't use it much, so I guess I don't need a second copy. BTW, I also have two The Strongarms.
    Brin's Storm Locket. I have one, but there isn't such thing as "too much Storm Lockets", especially for the low level farming.
    Perrio's Kinetic Robes. Looks like a great robe for a controlling wizard... I can teleport my own chars too, right?
    Quellic's Boots. I have one, but I like them very much.I believe I could use two pairs.

If you could buy two of these, what would you choose?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  7. Ector

Ector Hydra

8. I'd go with Quellic's Boots, and then either Brin's Storm Locket if I didn't have a solid complement of dual-Firestorm items (though Azgul's Orb and arguably Chartwell's Ring seem more desirable) or the Beater if I did. I'm pretty much "meh" on the Axe, and I'd be reluctant to spend a token on robes that made me give up Resistant Hide...I'd rather get those slide spells from elsewhere.

9. Melodious85

Melodious85 Orc Soldier

10. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Nice, but expensive at (majortoken)(majortoken). If you bring a spark wizard, be sure to have armor removal. Also, don't expect human players to line up for you.
    Ector loves it. I have one and don't use it due to the token cost. IMO, Advanced Crushing is a much more playable option if you want Crusher.
    Those are all kind of niche with high token cost, so don't be too sad. I wish you much luck in farming up some high value treasures and great items to fill out your vault.

11. FDrybob

FDrybob Goblin Champion

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Hey guys, in Cardhuntria it's always farming season.

FDrybob, Vitos, Melancthon and 4 others like this.
  13. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Perrio's is good fun and i want Axe of Titan's but unsure if I would use much.
    I like Quelic's but not worth buying for a 2nd especially if you have a Kerrick's Steel boots

14. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I'm considering buying one (or possibly 2, if I get lucky with treasure drops) among the following:
    Amulet Of Blades - Path of Knives ftw
    Brin's Storm Locket - I don't FS farm much this days, but still
    Hawlic's Surging Shield - would help my warrior dispatch bursters more swiftly and all other sorts of cool stuffs
    Huetotl's Firebrand - might be an interesting alternative to St. Olf's Fiery Pike for MF parties
    Yount's Chain - Among the few Counterspell items which don't actually suck. Might fit my MP pyromancer quite nicely

Hard choices...

15. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

If you're satisfied with your FS build, I recommend Huetotl's Firebrand. 3 good attacks, 2 MF, and triple heal is great with altruism.

Bandreus likes this.
  16. Robauke

Robauke Guild Leader

I run 2x Yount's chain on my Firemage by now, given the rise of burfft. Hard to let the armor burning Rantic's Orb Of Inner Fire go, but counterspell is an equally valuable option. It can offer some protection too when his combustable pops up.

Bandreus likes this.
  17. Ector

Ector Hydra

Thanks, I feel absolutely the same myself :)

The Kerrick's boots are much worse. No sense in getting two good cards for a token if you have to pay by getting one really bad card.

I guess I will grab Perrio's robe and the second Quellic's Boots.

18. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

I use Kerricks for SP farming and they are great, and for that purpose I dont see any relevant difference between those 2. Flanking Move or shuffle, all I need from
    move cards is to move out of Volcano anyway..
    And for melee parties its also quite irrelevant ..

19. Ector

Ector Hydra

It's up to your party. I don't have Volcano, so I'm farming with Firestorms, and reaching the launch point + immediate launch is really better.
    I strongly disagree. An elf warrior with Elven Trickery or Nimble Strikes or any other step attack can have serious advantage from Flanking Move. And elven warriors are going to love the armored boots :)