New League Idea!

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by BlackVoidDeath, Dec 19, 2014.

1. BlackVoidDeath

BlackVoidDeath Guild Leader

I am thinking of a Capture the Flag type of game/league but I don't know how to make the Flag or make the characters have 1 HP + attacks to act as a tagging system-

Ideas: The Flag could be something that is attached to the target which then must be taken back to your base (which i don't know how to do either)

anyway this is just a thought if anyone thinks of useful ideas feel free to post

i don't know which characters to use either so that would also be much help if anyone suggests ideas

CTF League.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  2. M1chiel

M1chiel Kobold

could be cool, dont know how to make it either.

I feel the flag should be an open card.

3. BlackVoidDeath

i hope someone who has some league-making skills reads this... no-one in particular... :rolleyes:

4. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Would probably require a lot of work outside of what is currently available. Having neutral things or things based on status conditions is pretty extensive.

I think a better set up would each team has a "flag" unit that can only score on the enemy side. That might work but then could lead to weird cases where both people have the flag down and it ends in a stalling game (something I had a problem with when designing Monster Hunt).

BlackVoidDeath likes this.
  5. BlackVoidDeath

Now that you've said it i do agree your idea makes more sense & that would take out the "adding new mechanics" into the game, the "stalling" can be fixed by using the Player 0 & Player 1 Victory Squares - i don't think you've been creating maps lately :p

6. BlackVoidDeath

but i still dont know how to make the characters have 1 HP & set cards e.g. attacks

7. Stexe

Stalling is still possible if both people get their flag to the VP spot (on the other side) due to it being tied and no points being awarded. And I haven't made maps lately, but I know what they've added.
    Changing HP and cards is not something you can do. You'd have to contact Jon and have him set it up if he likes the idea and wants to explore it (like he did with Monster Hunt).

8. BlackVoidDeath

how can i contact him then?

9. Stexe

Through the forums or chat with him when he is online in the game. Either way, you should make a test map without custom decks or life just to have a proof of concept.

10. BlackVoidDeath

just finished the map design but still dont know what characters to use! thnx btw i have talked to farbs in-game & it was HIS idea for me to make a thread, but since then i havnt heard from him :(