Guesstimated release date... please?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Aeryon, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeryon

Aeryon Kobold

So it looks like the game is still fairly early in the development... and am hoping the three card previews you've shown (teleport other, escaping run, and chop) aren't the only cards you've got finished (lol). Is there an chance you could let us know how far along you are in the development process Blue Manchu is with Card Hunter?

Could you guesstimate a release date for us like? Something like, Winter 2011, Spring 2012, or are we looking at something more like, (gulp) Summer 2026?! Don't be afraid to use the Blizzard Entertainment, "It's done when it's done" approach either... just know that we're chomping at the bits to play this game.

Thanks!
    -Aeryon

*If this was covered in another thread, sorry. I searched, but didn't pull up anything!
    ** Doh, 4 cards... stunning bash!

2. Rising Zan

Rising Zan Mushroom Warrior

Open Beta sometime before the end of 2011

Game release in Early 2012

Does that answer your question?

3. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I want to add the disclaimer that those dates are our TARGETS.

We are developing in order to meet a quality target, not a deadline, so if we don't think the game is ready and good enough, we'll be holding it until it is.

SurgeonFish and skip_intro like this.
  4. Aeryon

Aeryon Kobold

Excerrent!

5. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Good man! I, for one, fully support this plan.

6. Jon

Congratulations on graduating to orc soldier!

7. Rising Zan

Rising Zan Mushroom Warrior

I also agree! And i would like to apologize for not adding the disclaimer to Areyon's question.

8. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Thanx, hadn't noticed. I'll have to change my demeanour to sumfink moar orkan. Hargh, happnin' sooner than I faught... :p

9. Hopibear

Hopibear Mushroom Warrior

Definatly a +!!!!

10. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

You could always go the Blizzard Entertainment route of announcing dates.

"Soon"

11. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Or the LotRO one:
    "Soon TM"
    Definition: "may not be as soon as you think".

12. Strumiker

Strumiker Mushroom Warrior

My preferred release date: "When it's Done" :)

13. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Way I see it, yep, you finish a product and then release it. Can't promise people something if it doesn't exist. I guess I just don't understand them new-fangled "Faced Book" games and their "release cycles."

14. BigSmurf

BigSmurf Kobold

But IF you can go to a pre-beta phase with a working single-quest not-so-colorful-tabletop with only some cards available - pls feel free to do so ;) Cant wait to test this seemingly great game :)

15. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

If you need some cannon fodder for your Saturday Night 'testing' then do call, it's a way of avoiding the X Factor, at least! ;)

16. Falcores

Falcores Kobold

I think there are a lot of us that would gladly take part in the Saturday Night testing!

Have you considered a closed beta or prebeta just to get player feedback?

17. A Bear

A Bear Goblin Champion

I'll be yet another voice drooling over the possibility of getting in an early beta, but I understand the desire for polish in a project over letting the excited masses see the game in a more "naked" form.

Still... these little peeks in are so tantalizing! Knowing y'all are playing a mock-up working version! Don't be shocked to see some visitors down in Australia soon...

18. Jon

We definitely will be doing playtests with increasingly large groups of people as we go on. No one values player feedback more than me.

On the other hand, showing stuff before it is at a certain quality level can be dangerous. We don't want you getting turned off by something that is too clunky.

19. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

I have worked for both the Civil Service and National Health Service in the UK. There is no system you can make that is clunkier than the ones I have seen and continue to bash my head against work on. :rolleyes:

20. Falcores

Falcores Kobold

There are three ways, and only three ways you could turn me off.

1). Abandon the model of playing cards to effect a DND-like battle board
    2). Adopt a overly bright-colored cartoony WoW-esque art style, played on a 3d board
    3). Stop development

I don't forsee any of those happening. Like, ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.