Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

Problem is I have very little time for farming because of work-related stuff. I can barely join leagues and get the fairy, and even then that's not a given. I guess I'll have to wait until it pops up in Randi's again (which shouldn't take too long, hopefully).

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement, that's greatly appreciated ;)

Sir Veza likes this.
  2. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Sorry about the work stuff. I used to do that, and really didn't care much for it.

Jarmo and Bandreus like this.
  3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

If you ever wanted an armor focused build it's a strong item to have (the current highest possible keepable armor combo requires it), that said there are only a few (5-ish) armors that actually improve with Enchanted Harness over just doubling up on the base armor or going with Reliable Mail instead. Of course Officer's Harness is one armor that does benefit from EH so at least there's synergy here.

CT5 likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I would follow the rules and be courteous, because no one is cheating anyone. This is a discussion forum. You're taking this way too seriously and Sir Veza is completely right. Please refrain from 'rude or insulting behavior.'

We've talked about this so many times.

5. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

For those kids I say -> Spending 10.000g is really easy .. if you want, you can buy both Phantom Pain and The Lunginator.. or you can decide what you want to play in MP and buy only stuff that really help your deck.
    I have bought Phantom Pain few months ago and never used it .. (I is good item, but doesnt go in any of 4-5 decks that I play).
    And what, say you spend all your gold on those two .. tomorrow you get something that you really need (Bleneth's Skull for example) and you dont have enough gold? If you buy Pizza (which is ok) buy whatever your budget allows you.. as I do.

And about that "cheating kids" thing -> I call moderators if any to resolve this ..

It often crosses my mind that you are actually not speaking all that for real.. trolling or something .. I mean is it really possible? Still not sure.

For "kids" -> I have 94% of Cards .. and decks that played to 1600 rarely have more than 1 Legendary item per character (mostly it's The Strongarm)

For example:

Dromril
    Level 20 Dwarf Warrior

You can build more dodge heavy, or move move heavy (VP+buffs) .. etc..
    From other Legendaries I use Vibrant Pain, Quick John's Axe, Shield Of Ultimate Dodging, The Bludgeonator, Raging Battler some Vampire Stuff, Priest Stuff .. (lets stay on melee builds).

If you understand Game, you can go fine with those 3 types of dwarf warrior.. (2+priest)
    Nobody argues that you can build Crushing Warrior .. but that's a flavour only .. a style .. it's not OP-warrior-build-that-will-drive-you-to-1800 if you manage to build it.. (on the contrary it's not proven yet and that one I posted is).

When you have all those "staple" items .. you should buy for other stuff .. if you dont have those - save some gold if something pops out.. it would be really bad if you dont have enough gold to buy The Strongarm because you bought some Wiz stuff and you dont even plan playing Wizards in near future..

I only want to help new players.. to point out that you dont need 10 Legendary items for a good Character (not even 5).

And for Single Player -> most important stuff is Firestorm and Volcano Items.

And ok, true - you might not see some ITEMs for months .. (I never saw Reaper's Scythe for example) .. but you'll see a lot of other items .. and trust me.. 10.000g is nothing.. you can spend that in 1 Randi-rotation .. and a week (17 Legendaries) passes so fast.. so choose wisely.

Sir Veza, FDrybob and CT5 like this.
  6. On the other hand...I've been farming 5-7 daily for about a month and this one has yet to drop for me, nor have I seen it in Randimar's or DD. (Unless it was at a point when I was really low on gold and I just forgot.) I do have one, but a second would be nice. I've been waiting for the new balance changes and a few more tasty vampire items like Bynzer's Black Spear or Chalchu's Hammer to finally try out an all-priest build, and Drewg's seems like it could fit in really well at the low levels.

Sir Veza and FDrybob like this.
  7. Melancthon

Melancthon Ogre

When I finally picked up Dark Drewg's Mace it immediately got equipped in my Warrior/Warrior/Priest MP build. Four good attacks and two on-theme buffs for no tokens is pretty handy.

doog37 and Sir Veza like this.
  8. Ector

Ector Hydra

Yes, spending 10K can be easy, and that's why they're asking for an advice what to buy. If you didn't notice, they are NOT asking for an advice what to buy for their current deck (if they would, they would list the deck, wouldn't they?) I guess they know that the best chars are based on some key legendary items, and you were misleading them.

It's very good even in some SP scenarios, and nothing can replace it besides Illusion, which is Legendary as well.

Are there many such items in the game? Two Bleneth items, Raging Battler, The Strongarm, what else? We all know that such items are very rare, and chances of getting them are slim. If they really appear tomorrow, then yes, I would advise to buy some pizza. As long as such items appear once per month at best, I don't think there are players who can't afford them. Anyway, if you would tell the players to wait for these items, that would be a good advice. What did you tell them instead?

What "trolling" are you talking about? Your advice could make the new players to miss some very very good items, and you've promised that they will have a chance to buy these items in the future. Isn't that cheating the kids? Look, I don't have even a single Lunginator myself, and I'd gladly buy two if I could. I am looking at my Randi every day, but didn't see The Lunginator there from the very beginning (for several months). I've even bought some AotA chests in hope of getting the Lunginator, but failed! One of these players even got Advanced Crushing for the Lunginator, and you were telling them to skip all this??? Honestly, that was the most harmful advice I've ever seen here. Absolutely no trolling.

That just means you're a good player. Congratz! That doesn't mean that everybody are the good players too, or that they shouldn't buy legendaries.

Again, this depends on what do you call "a good character". Most top-level characters have a lot of legendaries, and you know that. Everybody knows that. Moreover, the legendaries allow you to build really competitive thematic characters, not just "take all the decent items you have". A burning wizard needs White Flame, a crushing warrior needs Advanced Crushing or Focused Crushing, a tricking elf needs Superb Trickery. Yes, you can play without these items, but they allow you to enjoy the game much more!

That's exactly what they were asking for: the shopping guidelines. What can be skipped, and what cannot? Honestly, I wish that Randi would bring me enough good items to spend 10K gold every week, but most of the legendaries in the game are mediocre or even bad, or can be substituted by cheaper items. I didn't buy a single legendary item for the last two weeks. So skipping the really good and unique items that cannot be substituted is a very bad decision.

9. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Annnnnd...page 3! We did it folks, drop the balloons and bust out the champagne. Now let's all take a step back before this party gets too intense.

FDrybob, Flaxative, CT5 and 4 others like this.
  10. Drakkan

Drakkan Ogre

11. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Is this a build? I've never heard of it before. Could you post a sample decklist? You can also PM it to me if you're guarding your tech from the proletariat. Thanks :)

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Balloons? I had the gals convinced it was bloomers. I hope they don't read this.

Rebel7284 and Melancthon like this.
  13. Accent

Accent Hydra

I know the point you're making, but now I'm going to think about this. . .

14. Accent

Accent Hydra

FDrybob and Bandreus like this.
  15. Rebel7284

Rebel7284 Ogre

16. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I like the Shieldripper, it's great at what it does, but 2 gold tokens can be a lot for only damage 8 attacks. Ultimately I think it gets it's most value in certain melee heavy leagues. I'm not a big fan of the Tenderizer, would probably pass on it.

Bandreus likes this.
  17. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

18. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat.
    Won't you put a legendary in the old man's hat?
    If you've not a legendary, an epic sure would do.
    If you haven't got an epic, then God bless you.

Bandreus likes this.
  19. Melodious85

Melodious85 Orc Soldier

20. Questor

Questor Ogre

Get a second Aegis, it is worth 500g but skip the Hackmaster

Combined they are a great start for a Firewizard

Sir Veza likes this.