[Bug] Immovable Did Not Block Maze of the Mind v2.58.0

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by qpop, Nov 11, 2014.

1. qpop

qpop Kobold

Playing the first battle of the last AoA treasure hunt (Cave of Confusion, I think) and I have a dwarf with Immovable attached. I go to move him and the Umber Bulk's Maze of the Mind still triggered and controlled my dwarf's movement. Is this intended? Based on the RAW on the cards I would think not.

2. qpop

qpop Kobold

Actually, maybe it's that the Maze of the Mind is cancelling the move card, not controlling it? I just did it again and the card got slashed, so it doesn't look like the Maze of the Mind is putting the dwarf in the same spot. So even with Immovable, Maze of the Mind can make the move useless?

3. qpop

qpop Kobold

I did this all wrong, I apologize. I was able to reproduce this by getting Immovable on Cave of Confusion and trying to move near an Umber Bulk again. Here is the combat log:

BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Msg=qpop must play a Trait
    BATTLE LOG: Player=qpop,Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Event=PlayAction,Action=Immovable,Instigator=Bolgaz,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Msg=Attaching Immovable to Bolgaz
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Msg=qpop drew Dissolve Armor for Bolgaz
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Msg=The active player is now qpop
    BATTLE LOG: Player=qpop,Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Event=PlayAction,Action=Mighty Spark,Instigator=Bolgaz,Targets=Vlav
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Msg=Vlav took 7 damage
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Msg=Melvin must play a Trait
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Melvin,Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Event=PlayAction,Action=Clumsy,Instigator=Glittereye,Targets=
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Msg=Attaching Clumsy to Glittereye
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Msg=Melvin drew a card for Umber Bulks
    BATTLE LOG: Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Msg=The active player is now Melvin
    BATTLE LOG: Player=Melvin,Scenario=Cave of Confusion,Room=BPMT (qpop),RoomID=274945,Event=PlayAction,Action=Wall of Fire,Instigator=Vlav,Targets=

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

One way of looking at it is that Maze Of The Mind isn't moving you. You are moving yourself. The spell just makes you go to a different place than you thought you were going to, you got magically confused. Immovable has no effect when it's you moving yourself. Seen this way, the card behaviour is correct.

5. qpop

qpop Kobold

Hm. That might be RAI but it I still think it's weird. Maze Of The Mind specifically states that the cardholder controls the destination of the move. I guess Immovable doesn't state that other cards cannot affect your moves, just that they can't move you to a new place. So in this case, I guess the holder of Maze Of The Mind can't move you to a new place but still controls the destination, so you don't go anywhere? Still seems like a weird interaction to me.

Sorry about no links in my first couple posts, didn't realize you could do that right off.

6. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Only Jon can say for sure whether the card is working as intended. Sometimes the AI puts the player that tried to move back to the same square they started in so them not moving one or two times doesn't really reveal whether the move could also have ended up elsewhere.

And no worries about the links and stuff, we're a relaxed bunch here. You don't need to leap through any hoops to be a full-fledged member of the community. You're talking, that's the main thing. Happy hunting!

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  7. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I've always used Immovable as a counter to Maze of the Mind (alongside with step attacks ofc :p ). Sounds logical that after they try to move you somewhere, Immovable will keep you in place.

8. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Technically, Immovable will stop any move card from taking effect if the controller is your enemy. In the case of Maze of the Mind, that will the case, so I would expect that it would prevent the mazed move card from having any effect. The rules text on Immovable could probably express that better somehow.

9. qpop

qpop Kobold

Now that y'all have explained it some more I get it. Makes sense! Sorry about the confusion and thanks for helping me out everyone :)

Appreciate the warm welcome, Jarmo.