[Feedback] State of farming after balance patch (2.39.0+)

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lord Feleran, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I don't think there's anything we can do that will make everyone 100% happy, so rather than promise anything or suggest changing how you play in anticipation of potential changes, I'll just say we're going to focus on the experience moving forward.

2. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I had 4k and wasn't in a rush to buy anything. Just had time to kill and figured I'd sell stuff (it took like 45 minutes). Oh well...

3. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Careful, bro. You're sounding like a political spokesperson. It's us. Be flippant! :D ("Nothing is really settled yet, but premature selling of any item whose name contains an R, S, T, L, N, or E might conceivably cost you a fortune. Or maybe it was anything with green in the icon. I forget. In any case, definitely nothing is definite. As far as you know.")
    Back to topic:
    Based upon my personal experience, speed-farming of levels 10-17 for items (as was my standard) is now practically non-existant, as is my daily run of most of the level 5-17 adventures after the Loot Fairy hunt.
    Since the Randimar changes I've been in gold farming mode. The speed of my old computer varies, but I used to be able to farm 50-60 chests per hour. I now top out at about 35-40. Part of this is from having to get the enemies into range, and some of it is from having to drag the map around because the board pic is WAY too big for a normal laptop screen. I know the buggers are on there somewhere, but I now have to locate them precisely.
    Even at the slower rate, I kinda expected to see that section of the map glowing orange considering all the magma and fire I've spammed. I know this isn't what BM wants to see, so please don't look. Still, it would be neat if Ben could put a volcano or two in the immediate vicinity.

hatchhermit and Stexe like this.
  4. Stexe

Yeah, I've noticed farming takes approximately 50% longer due to requiring the enemy to get in range / positioning yourself to hit a majority of the targets. If Firestorm was increased to range 6 it would really help speed things up due to the configuration of many maps and probably wouldn't imbalance it for multiplayer.

Also, increasing sell value would help a lot as well... :-P

5. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Ah, it's time for a promise:
    I'll buy the 99$ pizza package if pizza to gold ratio is increased (to 10?) :p
    Because 99$ for only 7 legendaries... is a lot worse than getting 15 legendaries for it. And where I live that's a real money.

Flaxative and Stexe like this.
  6. Stexe

Yeah, I've been pushing for an increase in conversion to 10 or 15 for a while... that would actually make Legendaries reasonably priced.

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You're selling out too cheaply! Promise for 25, then haggle! Maybe get a lagniappe. ;)

8. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I find myself wondering what the SP play rate is now in comparison to pre-balance. Other than my own play I have nothing to go on other than the LF tracker, but my general observations have been that before balance changes it was rare if the LF was not found in under an hour from when it moved, now it seems to consistently take more than an hour. I wonder if that is predominantly due to slowed SP play, less SP play by people in general, or just the loss of a few dedicated farmers that no longer chase the fairy.

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Some of each, I suspect. I know it takes longer, I sometimes run a few levels. Sometimes I don't even run a flagged module because it doesn't seem worth the effort. (And not just the 18's.) I try to remember to hit the reset button if I'm awake and not otherwise occupied when the hunt starts.

10. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I was seeing today how long it took me to finish the first two levels of The White Star. It's 2 minutes average for me. With the Club Membership, I get an average of 400 gold per hour with the common, uncommon and occasional rare treasures. Of course that number is increased if I get lucky with epic or legendary treasures, but that doesn't happen very often. That means 6,25 hours to get the gold to buy a legendary in Randimar's... Let's say 6, because in so many hours it's probable I get at least one ore 2 epic treasures. Still, 6 hours for every legendary item seems too much. It's almost an hour each day if you want to buy only 1 legendary per week, and that's even assuming that you have 1 hour free each day AND that you want to spend it farming...

I know there are other ways to get the gold, like leagues and the Loot Fairy, but I don't think that is enough. I'm not syaing I want to be able to buy every legendary item in Randimar's each week, that's non-sense, but at least there should be a better and safer way to get gold, specially when pizza-gold ratio is such a joke as it is now.

11. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Yeah since the changes I find myself skipping a fair amount of loot fairy's each week as well. All my mid to high level runs don't happen either. It's not that they aren't beatable, it's just the effort curve increased just enough for me to not bother.

12. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Higher level quests has defaulted back to Double warrior/Wizard build that has served me well. It does take a while longer without firestorms though. Would be nice to see the range moved back up to 6.

I've been farming with a volcano, direct damage wizard build for LV8 and under quests till I hit Lord Stafford Treasure. It seems quite hard now on the final dungeon. I've run out of retries with my Volcano team on it a couple times and had to restart. If you lose any team member you usually cannot reach the treasure room before AI wins win with VP. Actually using an elf warrior/priest team with lots of elf scampers to clear it out now reliably.

13. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

When I ran the campaign during the birthday festivities, I complete L2-17 with triple wizard firestorm, modifying my team as I went from lower level adventures to the higher level ones. Swapped in a priest around L15 for Blesscano. Average adventure completion time of 6 minutes, including loading, party modification, and a couple retries ;)

Sir Veza likes this.
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

All of 2-17? Damned impressive.

15. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Note I didn't touch the L18 scenarios, and I did swap in a priest at 15. But thanks! :)

Sir Veza likes this.
  16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

You deserve the gratz, bro! That's better time than I can do it in. I'm not, and make no claim to be, a great player. To modify an old Gordon Lightfoot lyric (damned right, I'm old!):
    "If you can't* do it better, you just got to do it the most."
    * "must" in the song
    I often think I'd be better at this if I actually thought things through, but it's a bit late in life for me to start that sort of thing. Last one off to a Central American Sauza binge is a rotten egg. Go!!!

Flaxative likes this.
  17. Wildarm

Wildarm Ogre

Farming higher level missions in an average 6 minutes is impressive. Good job Flax. I only farmed 1-8 and 15-17 and the higher level ones probably took 8-10 minutes with my Double Warrior/Wizard build.

Flaxative likes this.