Supersatyr: Fledgling Map Maker

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by supersatyr001, Jun 18, 2014.

1. supersatyr001

supersatyr001 Kobold

Hello Card Hunter fanbase! I recently (two weeks ago) found Card Hunter through a popular Youtube channel, and I have fallen in love with it. Then I found out about Mauve Manticore and about how to create custom scenarios, and now I can't seem to leave the computer. (My dad's getting worried.) So I'll be making maps when the ideas strike. I'd love to hear feedback, but please refrain from having intense political debates. Enjoy, i guess, but not too much.

Maniafig, Pengw1n and Flaxative like this.
  2. supersatyr001

supersatyr001 Kobold

This is my first published map, and I invite you to try it out for yourself. This has also been posted on the Mauve Manticore Submission Thread, hence the format. Have fun.

The New Throne (Reign of Blizzy Part 1)
    Account Name: supersatyr001

[​IMG]
    (vs Gary, Halfway through game)

Prologue: After centuries of hiding and sleeping, you, the Great Serpent Blizkenripper, have decided to take what is rightfully yours: The entire land of Cardhuntria! You fly out of your dark mountain cave and find a favorable clearing in the nearby woods. Using your superb artistic skills (which the other dragons fail to notice) paired with your arctic abilities, you create a lovely throne for you to sit on and contemplate your next target for conquest. But you have barely sat down when the scent of those wretched, territorial, goblins reach your gaping nostrils. No doubt they are here to chip away at your masterpiece with their crummy tools. You must crush these limp-armed maggots before they ruin your masterpiece!

Epilogue: Licking the oily taste of goblin scum off your tongue, you turn, to once again admire your work. But alas! The sculpture of ice is already melting! Biting back disappointment, you grudgingly flap away to find a new place to conduct your dastardly doings. Ice isn't as strong as you are after all!

Hints: Goblin shields, however small, are quite effective at blocking your icy breath. Try to target the same group until they run out of blocks.
    When it comes to defending the throne, 4 goblins equal one of you!
    In most cases, the goblins' attacks can't get past your magnificent coat, so staying in melee range isn't an issue. Your swings are too powerful for them to negate with their weak arms.

Attached Files:

3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Not to derail you thread immediately, but what does your map have to do with politics? :)

Haha, I love the throne. Nicely done. I'll let you know my feedback on the scenario itself once I've played a round!

4. That throne is a show stealer. It is very nicely done.

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Looks great, nicely done! And WELCOME by the way, always great to have another CH fan(atic)!!!

6. supersatyr001

supersatyr001 Kobold

Thanks to all of you for the warm reception. And gg lsl. I had no idea what I was doing that game.

7. So, what got you interested in making maps and scenarios?

8. supersatyr001

supersatyr001 Kobold

Well I love the game, and I'm a storyteller at heart. So the idea of creating these adventures that push the boundaries of fantasy and reality excite me. (Giggity.) In fact I honestly feel that if I could get enough of my friends to get into tabletop games, I'd GM. Plus I'd like to give the CH community a fun, interesting game.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
    Flaxative and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  9. supersatyr001

supersatyr001 Kobold

My second map following Blizzy, also being submitted.

A Great Injustice (Reign of Blizzy Part 2)

[​IMG]

Prologue: As you fly over the valley searching for a place to contemplate your evil concoctions, you hear the shrill cry of a wyvern infant far, far below you in the trees. You stop, hovering, to make sure the cry of the little dragon-kin's mother will sound in result. However, the cries only seem to get louder and more desperate. You dive, to get closer to the sound. As you attempt to locate the origin of the sound, you capture the aroma of cooked wyvern flesh! (You were around when some wyverns and a couple of red dragons... well, that's a different story) You also begin to hear cruel laughter and spashing. Your rage is growing, and you can feel the air around you freeze. Now, you have found the cave; complete your descent, crush these scourges, and save the whelp, in the name of dragon kind!

Epilogue: You spit in disgust at the sight of the butchered mother, and turn your attention to the infant. It's scratched and bruised, but alive and healthy. He looks up at you solemnly. You remember wyverns are quite strong for their size, and this one has seemed to take a liking for you. You fly off with the infant in tow, thrilled that you have found your first follower!

(And if the rest of the world hits as hard as those damned dwarves, you'll need him.)

Hints: The Dwarves are already slow, so as long as you keep them cold, you can keep them, and their scale-breaking blows, at bay.

If the baby's still on the island, then killing the elves will guarantee (kinda) it's safety.

Mercenaries don't always drop their guard, but when they do, take advantage of it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The point of this map was to kinda give you a bit of a panicky, frantic feeling at first, mixed in with a bit of legitimate danger, since Blizzy can actually die here, unlike the last one. It took awhile to tweak it, and I'm still not sure I did it correctly. Please tell me how it is if you play it!

Attached Files:

Flaxative likes this.
  10. supersatyr001

supersatyr001 Kobold

This is probably gonna be the Reign trilogy or something, but I think I'm definitely not done with Blizzkenripper.

Coldly Removed (Reign of Blizzy Part 3)

[​IMG]

Prologue: The sun begins to set on the mountain valley. Your wyvern begins to fall asleep, but you, having slept for centuries, are still searching for a base of operations. You try to think of a good mountain cold enough to support your magnificent sculptures, looking to the mountains around you. Suddenly, a flash of light shines in the distance followed by a thunderous boom. You face the source of the sound, and see the dying glow coming from a keep, undoubtedly made by those foolish humans. You fly over to investigate, leaving the woods to the vast prairies. It appears you are not the only curious soul, as the human farmers are rushing out of their hovels to look to the sinister keep at the base of the fast approaching mountains. But, you see with delight, the expressions of terrified humans as they see the magnificence of an Alabaster Dragon overhead! You laugh, your voice coming out in a staggered roar. As you get closer to the keep, you get the stench of ... Demons! Higher Demons of one of the more repulsing breed. You curse, as only those ambitious insects would open a doorway to the lower planes! And you are NOT going to allow them into your realm! A small town surrounds the keep, filled with more shocked humans. You freeze the air around you making a spectacular display of snow as you make your way to the courtyard in question. You will give these maggots a sight to behold!

Epilogue: You shake the boiling ichor of the demons off your hide. You notice that the crushed and mangled corpse of the wizard dons a crown. You look out to the hushed masses. This wretched man was their leader? A few human peasants are no problem to such a mighty specimen as yourself, but a nation? You crouch, expecting arrows and thrown spears, but the humans seem to be stunned. A long moment passes, when as one, the insects cheer. They cheer! The humans are happy to be rid of this man! You drop, to their midst, testing them, challenging them, but instead of attacking, they throw themselves upon you giving thanks. You smile, for even though a community of dirty humans aren't much of a kingdom, having people to admire your greatness is a lovely prize.

Hints: The Mantis' acid eats through scales and leaves you vulnerable to the guards' attacks!
    You can't let your new follower die, its unjust!
    -------------------

A bit more typing here, huh? After all the annoying blocks that the mercenaries had last game, I thought it would be nice to take it a bit easier with Guards. (But a well timed All-Out-Attack combo can be quite painful. I know that defending the wyvern seems like a big deal, but after multiple games I've noticed that it will very rarely die if kept out of the way, being that the AI tends to target Blizz. As always, Feedback is welcome!

Attached Files:

11. supersatyr001

supersatyr001 Kobold

The Lake of Raging Battles

[​IMG]

I don't really have a story for this at this point.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    This was done more for fun than much else, but it's a good quick scenario open for editing.
    Alpha nerds may notice the not-so-subtle poke towards the "POPULAR JAPANESE CHILDREN'S VIDEO GAME" franchise. Enjoy if you can.

LeisureSuitLoli and Flaxative like this.
  12. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Just tried the first Blizzy map, and the spawn points don't work. You need to get rid of the small spawn points, otherwise the game might try to put Blizzy where there isn't enough room and you end up unable to play.

Also, the third map has some unmarked Blocked terrain in the middle of the hallway.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  13. supersatyr001

supersatyr001 Kobold

Oh crap really? Edits must commence! Thank you kind sir!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014