Gorillas in the Mist 2.0

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by neoncat, Aug 21, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

The original: https://forums.cardhunter.com/threads/retail-mp-builds.3781/page-2#post-42490

DR/Olorin
    Human Wizard
    Same as the original, this is a fully-upgraded smoke mage. Suppress wizards and support priests by stifling their line of sight. Cover adverse terrain, such as difficult, lava, or water. TK is great for a bit of control. The sparkling armor is great for escaping. Flank moves are for recovering initiative. It's a human to take advantage of racial moves.

DR/Karagkazak
    Dwarf Warrior
    The dwarf exploits Necalli Cap (2x Quickness Aura + All Out Attack) and Pwindle's Boots (2x Energizing Move + Flank Move) to get around the map efficiently. Otherwise, the dwarf is just maxxed out on damage. It only carries parry because any wizard close enough to hit him should die quickly.

DR/Gurthang
    Elf Warrior
    The elf relies on racial move (Dash) to get around the map efficiently. This leaves enough tokens to carry 2x The Hackmaster and a Bejewled Shortsword, for a total of 178 damage. It only carries parry because any wizard close enough to hit him should die quickly.

ParodyKnaveBob and Sir Veza like this.
  2. M1chiel

M1chiel Kobold

Nice build Neoncat, the first after the changes that I see.

Smoke covers water ?

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Yes, it does.

4. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

Two dwarven warriors and a human smoke bomb wiz is my all time favourite build - got lucky with Smoke Pins early on in the game :)

Have you tried using AoE spells to shoot into the smoke? I've used things with Ember Burst (I've got a handful of legendaries but got the Staff Of Embers which works wonders) but I guess anything with Arcane Burst or Fireball would work just fine. It's very easy to set up a smoke bomb to protect yourself but also allow a widow of opportunity for you to shoot at the enemies idling near the edge. Even if the damage is not that big it's always nice to check for armor or blocks and make them use up those heals.

Right now I'm running two Staff Of The Infernos and Smoke Robe for the heck of it (and to see how the new FS works). Although I wouldn't call it a dedicated FS build the longer the match takes the more right cards starts popping up and my smoke bomber takes over in the aggro department with ember burst/firestorm/firestarter. Can be quite a surprise for my opponent to see that a wiz who for the past 5 rounds only shot smoke bombs goes berserk :) (oh, for that reason I've also changed one of the warriors into a dwarf priest with nimbus and heals).

Either way, smoke bomb FTW! :)

5. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

Problem I see is Perfect Toughness / Rock Solid on Dwarven Wizards. I think this might work better with a Dangerous Club over Strongarm and swapping out to a Hex Shield (or some other tokenless shield). Maybe also some Shredding attack or something. Either way, I'm going to try it out a bit more since I've been getting really annoyed with Force Cannon + Illusory Barrier wizards recently.

Also, does Sharp Bashing work better than Novice Impaling? Sharp Bashing has another trait that might in theory push off a debuff if you drew both -- but Novice Impaling will give you a higher chance of getting Impaler + Penetrating Cut.

6. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I tried swapping out Sparkling Cloth for Robes of Levitation... however Hover cost me the game due to its super weird interaction with removing the terrain attachment (Smoke) and thus the ground becoming difficult terrain which I couldn't get to the VP location fast enough.

It is an interesting build, and probably works well on some maps, but right now it seems like Vampires + MF is much stronger due to their utility in the form of Martyr's Blessing and Imp Nimbus.

Will try it a bit more though.