Sell extra option button...!

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by playhavock, Jul 29, 2014.

1. playhavock

playhavock Mushroom Warrior

So, once again I find myself selling extras - by extra I mean anything that I "cant" use with just three hero party... so for the skills - I only need 1 per hero, all others of that one skill could be sold, and I will not miss them, for armor, only need 1 per hero, so if I have 4 of Spiked Breastplate... I can sell the rest with a simple button click or something.

For weapon(s) this is harder, because I need three per hero for the warrior, 2 per for staff, and 2 per for the cleric... well maybe not as hard for the game thing to know what "extra" I have.

A nice, simple button that would just sell (everything) that I have "Extra" of would be great... can this be done?

kogi, Robauke, esthkol and 2 others like this.
  2. piotras

piotras Goblin Champion

It was requested many times. Don't think it's going in for whatever reason.

3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Why not? Better late than never :p

4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

It's probably just not very high on the priority list in terms of how much coding it would entail (allowing people to set # that they want to keep per item et c) for such a thing to work properly. I believe we might still see it one day - but there's a lot of other stuff on that list...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
    Flaxative and Scarponi like this.
  5. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It doesn't need to be complicated at all to be extremely useful. It does not need to be perfect. The only thing it needs to do is sell all non-treasure items where the quantity in the player's inventory is over the maximum equipable amount. So for helmets >3, arcane items >12 etc. Simple. Anything more is mere chrome, gravy, filthy lucre.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. rowspower

rowspower Goblin Champion

Just make a sell all button, and a page you can move items you want to keep to "bank" them. Annoying once, and then gravy forever after.

7. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

That only helps if you remember how much of everything you have in the bank. You'd probably end up waiting a while before checking your bank again adding the task of cross checking items.

8. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

"Sell extra" is an idea that's been tossed around a lot, but I think "Sort by extra" would be better. That way people can choose what extra items they want to sell and what they do not.

9. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It is not better. It is far, far worse. Why? Because the point of the button is to save thousands of mouseclicks, a grand amount of meaningless drudgery. Your proposal helps with finding the items to sell but it does not remove all the selling clicks.

The persons who want to save over the maximum equipable amount of items can just not use the button. I don't think there are many persons like this, either, if any.

Of course having both would be nice but it is the "Sell Excess" function which would be the true gaming life enhancer for many players. We have been asking for it over a year and I for one would not like Blue Manchu be distracted from that mission by tertiary concerns. I reiterate, the function can be very simple to be extremely useful. It needs nothing extra to the basic function. The speedy implementation of the button should not be bogged down in any frippery. No fancy-pants fine-tuning of amounts or this or that. Just sell the excess already, pleeeaaaase!

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.
  10. Stexe

It gives you the option of choosing what to sell and what not to sell. What if they come out with the ability to control 4 characters in the future? Would you regret not holding onto an extra thing? Why not let people have the option to choose if they want to hold onto more or not?

A simple filter would reduce the number of clicks heavily, because you could just control + click to entire page if you wanted to sell everything as opposed to what you have to do now which is scroll around, find which has more than excess (or more then you want), and then control + click to sell. Granted, it would still be a lot more than one or two clicks to have a "sell excess" button, but what about the people who want some middle room between the two?

11. peonprop

peonprop Thaumaturge

Why are we arguing? The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Stexe likes this.
  12. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

They are mutually exclusive in the sense that they compete for Blue Manchu's very limited attention and resources.

If Blue Manchu implements the "Sort by extra" idea and thinks that is enough and never implements the "Sell Excess" button or only does it after one more year of waiting, that is a far worse outcome than if they implement the "Sell Excess" button soon and do whatever about the "Sort by extra" idea.

Besides, this is a "Sell Excess" button thread, not the "everything else that comes to mind from selling excess" thread. We need that button. Other shiny things would be nice, too, but nowhere as nice as that little simple button.

If someone wants to keep more stuff, they can just not use the button. It causes them no problems to have that button exist.

Getting both would be great! I've suggested myself creating "sort by item count" for similar purpose as the fastest, most simple intermediary before getting the button. We've just had to do without for so long I'm trying to keep the button idea at the front and not let it get buried by other related ideas.

Squidy likes this.
  13. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

They have never even hinted at that as far as I know. Let's not let real, existing concerns be deferred because of speculation.
    Where are those people? I don't recall seeing any. There are plenty of people who have been wasting dozens of hours of their free time with thousands of mouseclicks and that should weigh a lot lot more than the theoretical concerns over possible scenarios that might be relevant.

All this doesn't mean your idea isn't useful and worthy of implementing, but you started by saying "I think "Sort by extra" would be better" and that is what I'm reacting to. I think it's of far less utility than a "Sell Excess" button. It would be great to get both but the button is number one by a mile.

14. Stexe

The idea wasn't mine, someone else had it a while ago and I thought it was a really good one as it serves multiple purposes and lets people have flexibility on what they choose, but makes the whole process easier. I'm sure you could search the forums to find who said it.

Co-op features up to 5 people, so there is functionality to have 5 people at once. Some people have expressed worry that they don't want to "sell excess" if they come out with the ability to have more characters in the future (you can search for that as well). It would be easier to implement a filter for Excess than it would for a Sell Excess as well. The UI is already there (just have it as another Toggle under "All / Usable") so there wouldn't need to be a new button.

15. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

It's a good idea, it's just not a better idea than a Sell Excess button.

Surely 5-person co-op doesn't use more than 3 characters per player?

Blue Manchu has never even hinted about having more than 3 characters equipped from the player's inventory in play at once af far as I can recall. I'd imagine development decision-making isn't based on player speculation.

16. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I am with Jarmo in this fight. And don't forget that people can buy back the items they sold by error for the same price as they sold it until the shop resets.
    So if one can use the sell excess button then spend time to buy back the items they want more copies of, it will still be faster for them.

Jacques, wavy, Lord Feleran and 2 others like this.
  17. Soltis

Soltis Goblin Champion

A sell excess button would be awesome as long as I could dictate what was "excess". As it stands it does get tiresome clicking a bajillion times as I work my way up from Super Common to Epic.
    I like to keep 3x(boots/shields/helms/armor/skills) 9x(melee weapons) 15x(arcane/divine items) 6x(staffs) but I always sell my treasures. All working under the assumptions taht I really don't want to be bothered paying attention to what I'm clicking on and I might at some point need to set up a full team with the same gear for whatever reason. The thing is my excess isn't going to be someone elses excess and vice versa .

18. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I'm amazed and almost angry to see some people even open their mouths to say something AGAINST sell excess button.
    If you don't like that button you can still sell by hand, noone is making you to push it.

Edit: We have a troll in forums, great.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  19. The Run

The Run Mushroom Warrior

you are talking as if making this feature wouldnt take time away from something else :p that is why people would be against making this including me. if anyone ever thinks about making this feature please don't, invest that time into a new expansion or 1 of 100 other things higher on the priority list.

20. playhavock

playhavock Mushroom Warrior

Also we need more cowbell.

Flaxative likes this.