[Suggestion] Team Movement should be move, not push

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by The Final Doorman, Aug 15, 2014.

?

Does team movement need to be toned down?

1. Yes, and this is the right way to approach it.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Yes, but this is the wrong way to approach it.

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. No, team movement does not need to be toned down.

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  1. The Final Doorman

The Final Doorman Orc Soldier

Ever have this happen when you were new? Your enemy team is completely encumbered, and you think you're safe. Suddenly, one of them plays a Team Run and in the blink of an eye you're surrounded.

Why is it that team movement uses a push effect rather than a move effect? It is very counter intuitive and there's no reason you should be able to ignore encumber just because an ally ordered you to move.

Given that step attacks, Winds Of War, and encumber are being nerfed, I think team moves could be toned down a little, and making them movement instead of pushes is a very intuitive and logical way to approach this.

Additionally, right now Team Run is more like "I Dash and my allies Run". I think the movement on it should be reduced from 4 to 3, so it actually makes your entire team Run like the name implies. It's so strong it could use the additional nerf.

These changes would make each team movement card function as their title says they should. Walk, Team! would actually function as if both of your allies played Walk cards. Scamper, Team! would function as if both of your allies played Scamper cards. Team Run would function as if your entire team played Run cards. Etc.

Feedback is appreciated

2. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Should encumber effects have one hard counter? Is Team Run that card? Are there others?

3. rowspower

rowspower Goblin Champion

Dwarves are already going to be the weakest race, why take away the one thing that would potentially still make them playable in the new meta?

4. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

If you are talking only about Team Run, then yes, it will be too strong after the balance changes and could use a nerf. But if you are talking about other cards too like Walk Team, Run Team or Dash Team, then I don't think so. Those push cards are the main, if not the only reason to choose humans, because other than push cards and occasionally Leadership, their racials are pretty weak with so many underpowered cards like Lateral Thinking, Battlefield Training, Retreat (all silver quality cards, apparently) and Advanced Battlefield Training (gold quality). Add that to the fact that encumber 2 will affect the same way their Run racial move as the Walk dwarf move. So I'm in favor for a Team Run nerf, but not the rest of the push cards, which aren't as good by the way, as you only move your allies.

5. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Another option would be to have it push allies only 2 squares.

6. rowspower

So Team Walk?

7. The Final Doorman

The Final Doorman Orc Soldier

Ok looks like this isn't as popular as I had anticipated. I guess the general feeling is that even with the nerfs, encumber still needs a dedicated counter.

I disagree about dwarves being barely playable in the new meta. The new encumber nerf greatly favors them, as they only lose half of their racial Walk while elves can lose 3/4 of their Dash. Additionally, dwarves have some of the best skills in the game in Raging Battler, Raging Rock, Solid Rock, and Perfect Toughness. The only thing they're really losing in this patch is the step 4 Nimble Strike. They're still easily the strongest wizard race and they make very competitive warriors and priests.

I still feel like Team Run needs toning down, even if the other team moves are fine. Team Run was already pretty much mandatory in the old metagame. With steps and winds being nerfed, I'm pretty sure every high level player will play multiple Team Runs. I'd prefer to reduce the base movement from 4 to 3 for flavor reasons, but I think reducing the push from 3 to 2 is a viable way to nerf it as well, although then it'd be "I Dash and allies Walk" and we'd need to change the name.

8. Stexe

Stexe #2 in Spring PvP Season

I think Team Runs needs a nerf, but I'm not sure if Command / Team Move cards need to be affected by Encumber. If they do then Cone of Cold needs to be vastly nerfed. It might be a good thing to explore though.

9. rowspower

Instead of nerfing everything, cant we just have nice things to play with?

10. Stexe

Uhm, there are a ton of buff suggestions out there. In fact, I've been counting nerfs to buffs and there are more buffs than nerfs (at least in my suggestion list I'm working on).

11. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

Team Run costs one token to have one in your deck. Isn't the cost of the card enough? Should all items with team run become unplayed items?

12. Zacharianthi

Zacharianthi War Monkey

Even at lower movement, Team Run will still be really good. It's more than just three movement cards across your team, or movement cards that can affect a character with an empty hand. It's three moves at the same time. That can set up forks, force escapes you otherwise wouldn't get, etc.

I don't know what the right thing to do with Team Run is, whether that's nerf it in some way or leave it as is. But with so many other major things about movement changing, I think it should definetly be experimented with.

13. Stexe

If Team Run stays the way it currently is it will be a non-choice because everyone will run it simply due to lower mobility in the game. Every Warrior will be using Savvy Attacker and most will also be using it on their boots.

14. Soltis

Soltis Goblin Champion

I do have to say it has always sorta bothered me that the team moves are push instead of move. It just sorta seems cheap that they completely sidestep any sort of encumberment. It probably wouldn't be as bad if it was one or two of the rarer ones but its pretty much all of them :/

Especially now that Encumber has been nerfed so you are always guarenteed the ability to move at least one square regardless.