[GUILD] Forest Wizards

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Magic Elves, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

FOREST WIZARDS! You've heard the rumors, but who exactly are these amazing people?

Forest Wizards is a guild dedicated to giving new players a bit of a boost and having fun while doing it! Players of any ranking can join, as long as they meet these qualifications.

#1: If I can not understand what you are saying, we have a problem.

#2: The applicant must be willing to learn more about Cardhunter. Forest Wizards is a primarily educational guild, so keep an open mind!

#3: Do not be a huge jerk! Occasionally teasing someone in a joking manner is fine, mean sentences that are half word, half asterisk are generally not.

#4: Skills are more important than rare cards to my recruiting eye! Being a generally cool person will do wonders, but knowing the basics is important too. Don't feel bad if you're turned down, we'll still help you and you can always try again!

#5: Even though Cardhunter is incredibly serious buisness, have fun with it! That's what most of us are here for, after all.

We're always looking for new recruits, so if you feel like you're qualified, ask about it! I'll try to help as soon as I can.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    BlackVoidDeath, Sir Veza, CT5 and 3 others like this.
  2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Welcome to the game... :)

3. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

Love that idea :)
    Maybe add that after a graduate has once reached 1500 (1600?), he can become a senior himself? :p

4. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

I personally don't feel that seniority should be based on rank (As I am selfish and want to be a senior while under 1300 ELO), considering some people may play a lot more SP then MP. However, I think that 1200 (conveniently under me) is at least the MINIMUM that a senior should be, as it indicates you have at least a semi-competitive deck and a good amount of skill.

5. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Good news, everyone! I should have access to a computer able to run custom scenarios soon, so I will be able to start the guild! Only problem is, I will not be online for a month after a week or so, so I would need some kind of temp guildmaster for that time. If you feel qualified to not run the guild into the ground before it really starts, say something about it, and I'll set you up before I leave.

6. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Guild is ready to go, yaaaaaaay. Ask about it and I'll try to get you in right then, but I won't always be able to thanks to some technical limitations.

Flaxative likes this.
  7. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Zanicus is now officially a member of Forest Wizards! As he is hovering around and above 1200, he counts as a Graduate! I'd ask the other guildmembers to give him a hand, but... :oops:

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Ineptie

Ineptie Mushroom Warrior

I would love to join your guild !

Mainly because i like helping people, but also because i like chatting with friendly individuals. I have been playing this game since beta and sit around 1500 elo right now. Not playing MP much thought (like 1 game a day for that gold chest), but teaching new players would be a way to draw me back into that :)

On the other hand i have no idea how the guild system works, sooo i'm a little lost here. I'll try and find you on the server for more infos !

Magic Elves and Flaxative like this.
  9. So, can i join? My Rating is in the 1200s.

10. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Andilin and eccelius and now also Graduates, and Ineptie is now a Senior! Andi, if you want to join, just find me around this time on MP, I'm usually on.

Flaxative likes this.
  11. Now my rating is in the 1300s.

12. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Just giving a quick update for all those guild members who don't check Cardhunter Meta!

Forest Wizards is currently 19th in total standing out of 38, and 7th in total amount of players, which is great for a non-competitive guild!

We're always recruiting new players that blah blah yadda yadda read the first post again, and happy hunting to all!

13. Currently in testing phaserating will be highered in about a week

14. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Andi, if you want to join, just talk to me in the lobby sometime around now. I can't help you tonight, but tomorrow I should be able to initiate you around this hour.

15. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Just a couple of quick things to do with membership and members for you fellow wizards, and anyone else reading this.

You may have noticed that I'm not on as much as I have been before. With school restarting, I'm going to be more of a passive player in the guild for now, but I'm still here! If you ever need a question answered or want to tell me of your daring exploits, either PM me or post it here for the world to see.

Shoutout to eccelius, who's been practically THE face our guild's been showing in ranked these days. Keep it up, and good work!

Zanicus and Andilin, I can't tell if you've just been playing SP or have been busy recently, but if you can just let me know you're alive and well by either playing a ranked game or notifying me on the forums, that would be good.

Finally, Forest Wizards is still recruiting as always! The times I can get you into the guild are getting more limited these days, but if you would tell me in this thread, it would help a LOT with scheduling. I may try and start sending out a "tip booklet" occasionally if more members get forum accounts to help out in MP and encourage people to try new strategies.

Flaxative likes this.
  16. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Forest Wizards isn't dead, despite our lack of forum presence! Just a couple of updates on our status to break the silence, and then you can go back to your regular forum activities (or just skip over us as usual, I know the only person that reads these is Flaxative).

Our guild is currently hovering at about 9th in the seasonal standings, at 1,027! We might not be a competitive guild, but we haven't finished a season below 1K yet, and I don't intend on starting to now!

While I was gone from Cardhunter thanks to a large workload, eccelius kept the guild's flame burning brightly, and with help from the other members got us through the October season! He also didn't snatch the head spot from me, so that's also a plus.

Next week is Cardhunterian Purging Burst Week! My personal picks for next week are Purging Mace and Ritual Straps, so if you can't seem to shake all these Impenetrable Nimbus Priests (Or Mass Frenzy priests, if you're that level) the meta loves these days, pick up one of those, and watch their boosts fall flat!

Thanks to the magic of a borrowed computer with an extra two inches in both dimensions of screen size, I can now admit people to the guild anytime! No more pesky limitations, so just drop a reply here if you want to join the cool rookie guild for some strange reason and I'll pick you up really quickly. Happy Hunting!

Farbs likes this.
  17. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Weekly update on the state of the guild and anything else that crosses my mind as I write this post.

Unless St.exe somehow manages to fall behind us, Forest Wizards ranked ninth, 100 points behind the next guild up. We still managed to keep a positive score, so it's a victory in my book, which is admittedly rather easy on choosing what's a victory.

With testing entering its second phase, I'm currently turning my thoughts to the flood of rookie players that will be coming into Cardhunter from Kongregate. As a former Kong player myself, I remember getting my love for online card games from there, so we might have some competition from the games already there. I feel that the players with a sound tactical mind will find themselves drawn to us though, and when they do, Forest Wizards will be waiting with open arms for them. (Flax, please leave us some this time)

This week is Cardhunterian Smite-A-Demon Week! Bring a party of priests to a demon portal, and send those horrors back to the netherworld that they came from! Completing the appropriate quests on Ruby and Citrine Demon Portals is just an added bonus!

The HOLIDAY December Meta Season will be starting tomorrow, and with it will come new and rarer loot items, including cool hats we all will want to get our hands on! Save your gold to buy presents for your favorite family figures and reap the benefits of your opponents not knowing what item your character is using! That's right, it's not just cool skins, it's TACTICAL ADVANTAGE. Good luck finding the rarest of them, and Happy Hunting!

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    GOAL ACHIEVED: FOREST WIZARDS #1 GUILD

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    Jarmo and Farbs like this.
  18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Just saying, I don't think our winter content will hit tomorrow.

19. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

Nope, but the new season will start, well, it already HAS started at the time of writing this. As for the new items, my train of thought got distracted as usual, they aren't here yet but they'll be here soon hopefully.

Flaxative likes this.
  20. Magic Elves

Magic Elves Thaumaturge

This week's paper is out late due to some issues, sorry! Time flies quickly when you're busy, but I'll make my best effort to put out another weekly update. Someday, I might read through all of these, and remember the simpler times when I wasn't the leader of a hundred Cardhunters and the endless war against the incredibly overpowered Acid Jet wasn't raging with the intensity of a million rage disconnecters.

Tezkember was supposed to be a nice relaxing month for our guild, and I was planning on bringing back my triple elf wizard deck to fool around with against the new meat and teach them about how important movement is. Sadly, it turns out my huge collection of items with Telekinesis and Illusionary Barrier has stopped me from cavorting with rookies, and when my party defeated a Burfft team, I knew I would never again truly be able to rejoin the land of new players.

Mauve Manticore #5 has come out recently, hooray! If you see one of the people that made the adventures, give them your thanks (or rage at the difficulty, depending on which adventure).

This week is Cardhunterian Wall Of Illusion Week!I'm not talking about the good one I mentioned previously, but the one that lasts one turn. This amazing *snicker* card can stop those wizards and in their tracks, and can be used offensively as well to provide a safe haven for wizards to snipe from, though not as safe as its counterpart. For those wizards always hassled by other wizards, I recommend to you the items Illusion wait no that's the good version, how about Ixtli Amulet no that's no good either, maybe Wallbuilder's Staff though I'd only really use it for the Flash Floods...

You know what, forget Wall Of Illusion. Illusionary Barrier is where the good items are.

All of that stuff from last week I predicted? Still hasn't happened! I'm predicting it again for this week though, so keep tuned for upcoming cool hats, cool rookies, cool Forest Wizards and coolest of all, a cool Celebrity Interview! If you feel you're qualified enough for your words to appear on Cardhunter's #1 Newspaper\Guild thread without you directly putting them there, send me a private message on the forums or just ask me when I'm playing and you could end up with your preferences broadcast to the world! Put on your best smiles for the camera, and Happy Hunting!

Flaxative likes this.