[Test Server] Deck Sharing thread

Discussion in 'Deck Building' started by CT5, Aug 6, 2014.

1. CT5

CT5 Guild Leader

@Flaxative wants us to share our decks, so here's a thread for them! This will hopefully accomplish several things:

1. Let SP oriented players like @hatchhermit contribute towards playtesting by trying out other's fine-tuned decks.
    2. Help focus our testing (people can build teams/archetypes that haven't been posted in the thread yet, give us an idea of which decks are performing best atm, etc).
    3. Give people ideas to experiment!

At the request of @Oberon, here's the vampire build I'm testing:

Penaxeyon
    Level 10 Human Priest

Huginn
    Level 1 Elf Priest

Munnin
    Level 1 Elf Priest

Admittedly, I'm playing around with some of the items (Quick Jon's Buckler, Very Bad Gift), but this seems ok. Have mostly played against 2 warrior 1 priest teams today, and it's held its own.

Post away guys!

2. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Yeah this is something... After playing you I built up my own version, and had a very... interesting game against Flax. Essentially it's vampire priest elves. Lots of em, and they all have a fair amount of the new team blocks.

Acelfe
    Level 19 Elf Priest

Daethirgnorngwe
    Level 10 Elf Priest

Dorglor
    Level 10 Elf Priest

Jacques, Flaxative and CT5 like this.
  3. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

This build just blew me away. It's a 2 war 1 priest, all elves. The combination of Elven Trickery + Cause Fumble in high quantities can make melee vs melee matches really easy (unless you're facing an exact mirror build, of course). It's a very op combination against melee.

The priest stands at the back and blocks most of the attacks with his 6 CF and 2 Defender's Block in his deck (and meanwhile creating card advantage). The ones he doesn't block, you probably can block them with your warriors. And even when there are no more blocks, armor stacking (General Jelom's Helm + Aranak's Chain Web were mine) will usually mean that your opponent won't be able to do much damage.

Meanwhile, time well your Elven Trickeries to land next to 2 enemies and you create insane card advantage. The warriors have big damage attacks (The Bludgeonator) and can also answer to armor stacking (Sundersong).

If this wasn't enough, the priest has 5 MF and both warriors have 2 Crusher, so that they can buff their attacks.

I had 3 games with this team, all againt melee. In the first one (against triple vampires), my opponent didn't even have the possibility to attack due to all my Elven Trickeries. The second one was a bit more complicated because my opponent was running this card too, but I managed to win again. The third one was also against 2 war and 1 priest, but all dwarves. Elven Trickery was huge again, and Sundering Strike helped a lot too. It was weird seeing 3 elves trumping 3 dwarves like that in the last game, but it was mainly because the cheapness of Elven Trickery.

Dhildhelen
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Dhrosma
    Level 1 Elf Warrior

Halglor
    Level 1 Elf Priest

I will try to cut a bit the number of CF to have a more catch all build, because 6 dead cards against wizards is a lot. Also, it has no counter for Flash Flood and it doesn't have step attacks to deal with slide cards either. Elven Trickery could work against wizards though, so that's staying, and the same for the helmet and the armor (Grounding Plates is huge against wizards, probably the only good warrior's response to penetrating sparks).

4. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Ok, so this is my goofy deck of 3 human wizards. I plan to tweak it some, but this is its initial build. I think I might have made it a little TOO utility. The problem is, on the test forums, I have so much at my disposal, I get lost in the sea of items I've never seen before!

Edit: Maybe the first thing I should do is add some Legendary items to it.

Hohfre
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Quesbanzil
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Xanecquin
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  5. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I suppose it wasn't exactly like this one, right? And what were you running, 3 wizards? I could understand that because, as I said, CF is a dead card against them.

6. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

Darn. You beat me to it. No, it wasn't this one. I was remembering watching you play against someone else. :( I blame the LaBatt Blue. Sorry!

Jacques likes this.
  7. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

FS/Volcano test build

Emkylle
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Frakiertar
    Level 1 Human Wizard

Smithcornom
    Level 1 Human Priest

Report:

Volcano/FS

Battle #0
    No more info, forgot to copy the datas but still giving opinion.
    Tried first with 3 St. Ulrich's Bones. Was sceptical but Flaxative wants it to be tested. Played against 3 elves, 2 warriors and one priest. He didnt have any good armors, could FS them to death pretty fast but was very close. Martyr blessing isn't the best deal on wizards.
    3 major tokens for 3 bless, 3 cleansing rays and 3 pretty useless Martyr's Blessing. With 3 bless you'll get like one every two games and you get no other arcane items. I decided to remove them and change the version accordingly.
    Imo Bless may be very good (that's at least three cards for one if no funny business happen) but not with wizards where the Martyr blessings make you draw at best one card. And it's expensive to have. But why not in a 1-1-1 all dwarves team.

Battle #1

Enemies: 3 human Wizards
    Result: Win on round 2

Battle Logs: http://pastebin.com/AT6NQ7s2

Ends by the remaining wizz casting a new FS boosted by Savage Curse.
    Didn't draw one of the 6 Impenetrable nimbus but was kinda golden with one Resistant Hide on each Wizz.
    Volcanoes are good for the first couple rounds then Firestorm takes the relay when enemies are close enough.
    Need more testing, I have probably been lucky.

Battle #2

Enemies: 3 human wizards again, control with damages
    Result: win on round 4

Battle logs: http://pastebin.com/VdwettuV

I casted two FS on the first round but he could manage his way out of the traps with some telekinesis and team command. Leadership brought a savage curse to the priest on the first round too that has been cast on the wizz with one FS.
    On second round I casted Impenetrable Nimbus on the wizz with savage Curse. Other wizz went back, he went front with all enemies within 5 squares. FS for 8 damages on all enemies + my priest. One enemy get out of range. FS again for another 8 damages on the two enemies still in range. Other wizz without the nimbus got attacked and sacrified himself by playing his own FS to kill the most damages enemy wizz.
    On round 3 I have priest left with 1HP and a wizz with like 18 HP versus 4HP wizard. With no armor, he couldn't come closer then 6 squares of with wizz. I tried to come close but he managed to keep me away.
    Last round, 2 volcanos exhausted his moves then the wizz could finish the job. Seems like it can be happy days for FS till he find again his natural enemy, the dwarf warrior. More opinions to come on the build after 5 games.

Battle #3

Enemies: 1-1-1 All Dwarves
    Result: Lost round 5

Battle logs: http://pastebin.com/iTDjRH0j

The deck finaly met his nemesis, the dwarf warrior. One missplay generated the early loss of a wizz (could have gust away a priest who was more deadly with his one card then I expected). No nimbus or armor removal to help me out in the HP battle with the dwarf warrior that exterminated my remaining toons.
    I think I should play more smoke bombs.

Battle #4

Enemies: Dwarf Priest, two elf warriors
    Result: Loss

No Battlelog (didn't have time to)

I could kill the two warriors but lost a wizz and the priest in the process. Left the priest who could heal himself and prevented too many damages with his shimmering aura till he could finish me off.

So 3-2 over 5 games. this is a first draft and there are several changes I want to make to it. I would like one wizz more oriented Fireball and one more focused on Firestorm. Also more Smoke bombs both for defense against mages (or to prevent the priest/wizz in the back to help his allies) or to try to exploit Flash Of Agony + Savage Curse on a wizz while his two team mates or hiden in the smoke.

edit:
    So to sum up my opinions:
    -Volcano can be good for early damages but using that as the main source of damages isn't reliable in this environment full of team runs and command cards. Plus you can only deal a maximum of 8 damages on each enemies per round which is pretty low in the end.
    -If one wanna go volcano I suggest Perfect Command or double Hover Tokenless robes or Superb Teleportation.
    -Firestorm isn't dead, from what I saw it beats 3 wizzs or elves parties but will most likely lose against 3 dwarfs.
    -Playing FS can be great for those who are looking for fast battles. You win or lose fast because of the suicidal aspect of it.

Some changes that need to be looked at to tune this first try into the best possible party:
    -Penetrating damages to start or finish the enemies with Black Walbut Staff
    -Harness like cards that you stock before sending a FS wizz into enemy base in order to feed the Savage Curse. I don't know if one may have the time to make it worth it.
    -Unholy Wellspring instead of or with the savage curses but those cost minimum one token each (but can come with Demonic Power that can find its use)
    -2 priest one wizz instead of 2 wizz on priest in order to get Savage curse or Impenetrable Nimbus more reliably. Problem here would be to have enough FS and Armor Removal on the single wizz.
    -Human is imo the best deal here caus with a movement of 3, one FS wizz can move forward 3 while the other move backward 3 puting the second out or FS range with 6 squares between the two wizzs.
    -and as allready suggested, Fireball path with Searing Pain and some smoke bombs that will either protect you from enemy wizzs or let you hit enemies only with Flash Of Agony if you leave your 2 team mates in the smoke.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
    piotras likes this.
  8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

@Squidy - thanks for all the playtesting. In the future, you can PM me your battle records, so as not to clutter up threads. :)

9. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

In my opinion of all the balance related posts hitting the forums at the moment, battle reports/summaries on certain builds are actually the best and most valuable reads.

piotras and Sir Veza like this.
  10. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

You're probably right, but the opponent's names shouldn't appear if that's the case (unless the opponent says specifically that he doesn't mind that).
    Some players don't mind, but others don't like to appear like that in those battle reports. Besides, it doesn't contribute in any way to the post, just the battle number is enough.

11. Oberon

Oberon Hydra

Switching over to fireball helped back when this was being tested in beta. It helped soften up the opponents on the first round. Though now the best FB item is probably searing pain and we used to have the staff of a million fireballs back then. Whirlwind can no longer disrupt your setup though. I'll have to give this a try.

12. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I don't disagree :)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  13. UiA

UiA Ogre

Latest version of water wizard build I'm testing, I added some illusory barrier, encumbers, and no-token pushes and it seems to perform better. People running more melee on test server rather than wizard fest from a few days ago seems to help too, as in a straight wiz vs. wiz dmg competition I'm at a disadvantage with flash floods potentially being dead cards other than VP denial. Reason I have a human in there instead of 3 dwarfs is so he has better potential angles to launch flash floods from in the beginning.

Macpatle
    Level 4 Human Wizard

Lokaz
    Level 1 Dwarf Wizard

Bokdrung
    Level 20 Dwarf Wizard

14. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

I had in mind that sharing my first impressions of the build with everyone would let us to have the best FS setup possible in order to have the best tests. Several minds will always be better than a single one. One item can become broken in the right build while appearing meh in all others.
    That's why I gave opponants names in the report in case it makes them remember the game and they may have a stone to had to the building. But I removed them.

Forgot to say I couldn't finish my post til now but still wanted to leave the ideas, sorry about that.

15. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Here's my drawspam build. The drawspam priest preps the warrior during the first couple rounds, hopefully drawing into lots of armor. The utility priest is there to handle various situations, and to provide backup (via nimbus) if armor fails. If absolutely necessary, the priests can go in for the kill with Touch of Death or hack/bash.

EP2
    Elf Priest
    HP1
    Human Priest
    EW1
    Elf Warrior

16. Squidy

Squidy Hydra

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Squidy likes this.
  18. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I just played against Cardotron with some build similar to Neoncat's, but with 2 warriors instead. I also ran General Jelom's Helm and Nasrum's Moccasins but chose Reinforced Mail for the heavy armor. By turn 5 or 6, both my warriors had 2 Enchanted Harnesses and 2 Thickened Mails, preventing 12 damage of each attack. It was funny to see Almighty Hack do only 8 damage...

19. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Can someone put up a link to how to output your team build.
    I am sure it is somewhere but I have fewer brain cells dedicated to... uh.... ummm, oh yeah, no wait, Memory, right memory than I used to.

20. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

1) Hit F1 twice to open the console.
    2) Type " partyanddecksbbcode " and hit enter. This copies your build to your clipboard.