A Question about Microtransactions.

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Aeary, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Aeary

Aeary Kobold

Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere else, but I was having difficulty in finding an answer as to how in game purchases will be conducted. To be honest, I'm stoked about this game, and I can't wait to start throwing my money towards it. Thus, are there any current plans for what I may throw my money at? :D

Further, will we be able to purchase guest passes or gifts for friends?

2. Naraxis

Naraxis Mushroom Warrior

Well currently their in game currency that you purchase for real money is "Pizza". Pizza is used to purchase skins for your characters and also to access "Premium Dungeons". Premium dungeons will always award one epic loot upon completion. However, these epics can also be acquired from normal dungeons so you're paying for convenience and getting geared up quicker, but everyone will eventually gain the same level of power. Future uses for Pizza are not known currently.

3. DarkDain

DarkDain Goblin Champion

I thought premium dungeons only award the epic item the first time, and then its kind of a normal dungeon, i actually lost track of it on the over world because it didnt have any unique markings

4. Naraxis

Naraxis Mushroom Warrior

I'm not in the beta yet... (EHRMAGERD GERV MEH BERTAZ!!!!!)
    That's just information I've gathered through reading the forums desperately wishing for a key.

5. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

One big use is the purchase of pre-made decks for multiplayer. These cards are usable in single-player, too, but almost all of them have talent requirements that make it so that you can't even use them in single-player until you've leveled-up a lot. (In multiplayer, there are forced standard levels.)

Also, there's a feature where you can purchase extra retries at an adventure if, say, you use all your regular retries up and you're on the last boss. You can purchase those for in-game gold or real-world money (pizza).

Lastly (as far as I recall), there are treasure chests of random loot you can buy for either type. The real-world money chest is randomized across all levels, so, again, a player can't just buy the best equipment and walk all over everyone.

6. Aeary

Aeary Kobold

Thanks for the quick replies! I was trying to look it up on the homepage, but I couldn't find any specifics.