Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Ector

Ector Hydra

Thanks for your opinion! I also considered Elven Maneuvers a better card, but it's visible to your opponent, and you don't get any move cards right now. Pathfinding gives you two move cards right now, and they can be Vicious Thrusts in the right build. Which may be enough for killing somebody.

Who told you that bull****? Definitely not me :) Dodge is a very strong and useful card, but I refuse to pay a yellow token for a shield with 3 Dodges, since I want blocks too. That's why a skill with Dodge is welcome... but a yellow token for Dodge and Pathfinding looks too expensive as well. Plus, Dangerous Maneuver will prevent searching for good Moves. I don't think I'll buy this. But if it were two Dodges + Pathfinding, I'd probably buy.

Thanks a lot for your clarification! I have 3 Sturdy Armors, so I guess I don't need to buy this one.

2. Alcibiade_2nd

Alcibiade_2nd Kobold

3. boro

boro Goblin Champion

Dear Randimar,

Since the day you openend shop, you sold me some nice rares and all, like the firestorm stuff and the nimbus and freezing things. Even the occasional good epic. But as far as legendaries go you only ever had Wymm's Lavastaff, The Hackmaster and Mathilda's Locket.

I'm glad to see you got a new provider. Give him my compliments cause he's awesome !

This week at Randimar:

Vibrant Pain no comment required
    St. Alipp's Hammer best tokenless mass frenzy weapon, do want
    Mandaeus's Aegis meh pass
    Incense Of The Caged Demon want this for a SP build
    Mindsplinter Staff need this for a SP build
    Red Jon's Boots allready have these and similar 2x flanking move tokenless boots so I'll probably skip
    Whiteglow Flail have one and want a second
    Sacrificial Axe interesting
    Slippery Shield already have the full set
    St. Xarol's Axe have full set
    Trembling Staff have 3 , wouldn't mind a 4th just in case
    Incense Of Roiled Air is ok

So I need to farm 6000-7000 gold this week, I just spent everything on quests.

Bandreus, Sir Veza and Ector like this.
  4. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I got one of these from the Loot Fairy this week, but I don't know how to use Unholy Energy. What else is in your build?

5. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

You're right for the most part. The range, burning, and step attack are nice, but how that one is Epic and the other is Legendary when the Epic has 2 gold cards... I guess I really don't fully get their item system.

6. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Gratz! What a wonderful problem to have. :cool: Good luck on the farming!
    I'm guessing Nimble Strike and Fiery Stab are considered warrior attacks on a divine weapon. The concept doesn't make much sense to me, but it seems to work that way.

7. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

The difference in rarity is because Mighty Bludgeon is Common, and it counts as Silver for priests which is why it's level 18 instead of 21 (though 21 is still (majortoken)(majortoken)).

hatchhermit and Sir Veza like this.
  8. Accent

Accent Hydra

9. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

I kind of like this one. Getting two parries, albeit one is weak, on a racial skill... I'd use it on any class depending on adventure.

10. Accent

Accent Hydra

That's a good point; I might consider using it if it dropped, but I'm not spending 500 gold on it, when I can use Superb Command, for example.

Most of those epics I posted aren't necessarily bad, they're just not something I immediately need/want.

(Also, Randimar keeps stocking Impervious Panoply, of which I have three. Gah!

11. wavy

wavy Thaumaturge

12. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

I bought the Skull this week myself. One of the most common uses for Savage Curse would probably be in conjunction with FS and/or various AoE spells, as the +4 bonus damage really adds up, making up for the discard once you're hitting multiple enemies at once.

wavy likes this.
  13. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

That's how I use it mostly. It is also good with any AoE spells like Fireball or Ember Burst. With my Savage FS team I've even buffed my armor removal wizard with Savage Curse to give those Dissolve Armor extra kick.

And in case it isn't obvious, Savage Curse will trigger Blind Fury and Reflexive Teleport.

wavy likes this.
  14. doog37

doog37 Hydra

You just made the list...:mad:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    boro likes this.
  15. boro

boro Goblin Champion

It's for a low-token violent overswing/wavering faith deck (yeah)

16. El Hobbito

El Hobbito Kobold

Hello, this week this fat bastard tries to sell me things. I have 6k gold since i havent seen anything good in his shop for weeks, and i'm looking mostly MP items.

Mail Of St. Oxivia - i have Untouchable Plate, and i have one MP team that makes use of it. One with 2 fire wizards in. And i rarely use it because it sucks. I have mix feelings about Savage Curse, should i but this?
    Staff Of Blazing Sparks - another item for my wizards parties, it's not amazing but i dont own any Wym's Lavastaff :/
    Kerrick's Steel Boots - solid armor boots but i don't know if i ever could make use of them.
    Blazing Shortsword - i'm thinking about buing 2nd one because of -9lv SP challanges, worth it?

17. hatchhermit

hatchhermit Hydra

If you have the tokens on your fire wizards and they use FS, then these boots are really great! At least in SP. I'm not sure how they fare in MP.

18. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Mail Of St. Oxivia Not a bad item in the right build, but I don't think I'd get much play out of it.
    Staff Of Blazing Sparks This one can be useful.
    Kerrick's Steel Boots Great for firestorm (yours or opponents), not much use elsewhere. I use them a ton in SP, very little if at all in MP.
    Blazing Shortsword Good for both SP and MP, definitely worth having two!

19. doog37

doog37 Hydra

Meh not sure on the armor or the staff.
    Get the boots not as good as the legendary one but can really be nice to have reliables if you don't need extra moves. and for the Blazing... you made the list, I just want 1 not even sure i would use it.

20. Ector

Ector Hydra

Fire wizards cannot compete with NS for now in MP. But the Untouchable Plate is one of the best armors for a supporting priest in SP. My priest in a Firestorm team is wearing it all the time. Savage Curse is also a very good card for that team, so I guess if you don't have other good sources of it, you should buy the mail.

I've used it a lot. If you don't have it, I'd say it's well worth 500 gold.
    Again, if you don't have other boots with double Reliable Mail, buy these. I've used my Quellic's Boots a lot.
    Why not? It's good even in MP.

As long as you can afford all this, I congrat you with the great assortment.