Unable to play card

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Phaselock, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

Had a spark inductor attached to my mage the previous turn, got the arcane feedback this turn and I can't play the card at all. I can zoom in to see the details but cannot do anything else.

[​IMG]

You can see the outline of the card is missing the white glow. Has there been a new build to cause this ?

edit: Im able to discard it at the end of the turn, tho and did not incur any damage from it. Hope it helps.

2. Michael

Michael Mushroom Warrior

I don't think you can play it.
    It's designed to sit in your hand until you find a way to get rid of it.
    At least, that's how I understand it.

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Exactly. Notice that there are no play instructions on the card whatsoever. Same with Slowed and others.

4. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

Yes, the only way to get rid of it is to have 3+ cards in hand at the end of a turn, and then discard it

5. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Correct.

6. Phaselock

Phaselock Bugblatter

understood, thanks ! In that case, perhaps a new keyword for such cards are required, maybe 'Parasitic: This card cannot be played'. And if you combo Parasitic with Keep and or Duration, then it would open up a new mechanic...shrugs, just an idea.

7. SurgeonFish

SurgeonFish Automaton Moderator Staff Member

Ya for feedback drawback cards that sit in your hand, just make sure you have enough cards at the end to discard it. Should keep you safe

8. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

I think it's the only card in the game like that! So, we should probably just write on it that you can't play it.

9. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hmm.
    But yes, an explicit statement would be helpful in these cases (and any others).

Zoorland likes this.