Release 2.21

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Server seems a bit slow to respond and/or laggy - anyone else noticing this in case this is related to issues mentioned above? I had some minor issues logging in (having to reload due to load time being excessive), and the checking server status screen seems to take a few seconds before even attempting to connect. Maybe that last delay is part of the version check? I just didn't notice it last night.

2. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I'm having a small lag but that might be a coincidence.

3. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

The last couple days I've noticed a significant lag in SP, but not as much in MP (though some). Assumed it was on my end, but maybe not.

4. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Hmmm just figured something else out... to load a map (either MP match, or stage of SP adventure) if I'm in full screen mode it takes SIGNIFICANTLY longer than if I'm not. And if I'm in full screen mode and exit it while loading it will jump to the faster loading. No idea if this is new to this build or not.

Details: I've had multiple times that I've been in full screen mode waiting to load (over a minute, sometimes close to two) and I'd get board so I'd exit full screen mode to do something else and as soon as I did the map would load. I always assumed I just got impatient when it was about done. But just now I was watching the load circle rotate super slow (but still early in the load process) and happened to esc out of full screen mode and instantly saw the load circle rotation speed up significantly and load the map just a couple seconds later. This is what finally clued me in that it was being in full screen mode that slowed everything down.

5. Brent Spinks

Brent Spinks Kobold

So the server is not down? I get the server is down for maintenance screen for the last two days...

6. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

I got the white screen today too, but a simple refresh fixed it. Never got the white screen yesterday.

7. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Nope, it's not down. Did you check this thread to see if any of the advice helps you find any issues? It links to a thread with similar issues historically (maintenance screens et c).

8. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

What version of IE are you using?

9. Jon

There's a short delay while logging in now while we run a Flash program that ensures that your old login credentials are copied to a new location. We'll probably remove that check in a few builds time.

10. Jon

That's very odd. What kind of computer are you using?

11. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

And please don't say "a white one" :p (sorry for the off-topic, Big Bang Theory joke, I couldn't resist).

12. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

HP Pavillion dv4 Notebook PC, Windows Vista, 64 bit

And it's silver ;).

Jacques likes this.
  13. Jon

It sounds like it may be having trouble pushing the pixels in full screen mode. Not sure what else it could be. You could try running in a very large window and see how it compares.

14. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Yeah when I don't run full screen I still use a full window - The difference really only being the firefox tabs and address bar, and the windows task bar so it's almost as big, so no worries.

15. Jon

Hmm, it sounds like Flash's full screen mode isn't working very well on your PC. I don't know why but it seems that windowed mode is a reasonable work around for you.

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

I got the completely white screen on Firefox today. I think I've loaded this release a couple of times at least on it. The page code it has loaded is this:
    <!DOCTYPE html><!--[if lt IE 7 ]> <html class="ie6"> <![endif]--><!--[if IE 7 ]> <html class="ie7"> <![endif]--><!--[if IE 8 ]> <html class="ie8"> <![endif]--><!--[if IE 9 ]> <html class="ie9"> <![endif]--><!--[if (gt IE 9)|!(IE)]><!--><html lang="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.1/jquery.min.js"></script><script src="client/js/xdr.js"></script><script src="client/js/swfobject.js"></script><script src="client/js/cardhunter_client.js"></script><script src="client/js/cardhunter_googlewallet.js"></script><script src="client/js/jquery.titlealert.min.js"></script><script src="https://wallet.google.com/inapp/lib/buy.js"></script><style>
    html, body { height:100%; overflow:hidden; }
    body
    {
    margin: 0;
    text-align:center;
    font-family: Georgia,serif;
    background:#000 url('//www.cardhunter.com/wp-content/themes/cardhunter/images/background.jpg') center top no-repeat;
    text-shadow: 0px -4px 2px rgb(0, 0, 0);
    }
    #altContent
    {
    background: url('//www.cardhunter.com/wp-content/themes/cardhunter/images/logo_inner.png') center top no-repeat;
    padding-top: 170px;
    color: rgb(215, 200, 166) !important;
    }
    a
    {
    font-weight:normal;
    color:#860d0d;
    text-decoration:none;
    }
    a:hover
    {
    text-decoration:underline;
    }
    </style></head><body style="background-color:black;" onload="checkMaintenance();"><div id="altContent"><p>Checking server status...</p></div></body></html>

When I right-click over the white page, I get the Flash Settings/About pop-up menu. So it looks like Flash is running but isn't displaying anything.

I now reloaded the page twice by clicking the URL input and pressing Enter. The same white page happened. Then I pressed Ctrl-Shift-R. This launched the game normally.

Sir Veza likes this.
  17. SceoMyntan

SceoMyntan Fire Demon

A bit of asymmetry I've noticed is that Muscle Throughs and Violent Spins always move the black Oozeball and its team before Other Oozeball and its team. This is advantageous for Other Oozeball's team as they can move Oozeball off the victory square and position their ooze in.

Maniafig likes this.
  18. Jon

If you see this again, can you bring up the browser console and check for any errors in there please?

"To open the Browser Console, select "Browser Console" from the Web Developer submenu in the Firefox Menu (or Tools menu if you display the menu bar or are on Mac OS X)."

19. j-wiz

j-wiz Blue Manchu Staff Member

That's definitely a cached version of the index.htm file for the site. It's missing a div that's meant to contain the swf to copy the saved settings to the new location.

What that probably means is the "white screen" is the swf that's copying the saved settings, and since it's missing a div and the new javascript isn't loaded, it never gets to the point where it loads the actual game content until you force-reload the page.