Rate my Randimar's Rarities

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Will-, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Igniferroque

Igniferroque Mushroom Warrior

2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I have a bunch of legendary helmets, boots, and skills that give me a fistful of Officer's Harness or additional Enchanted Harnesses. I also usually play with a drawbot to smooth out draws on the other two characters. I also have some decent non-yellow token weapons that I tend to favor, which frees up that token for armor.

3. Ector

Ector Hydra

That's cool, but why do you want such a build? I've seen a lot of situations where the opponent's warriors had only armor instead of attacks :) By spending a yellow token on the armor and probably some extra tokens on helmet or boots you're weakening your movement and attacks, and they're much more important.

4. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Neoncat isn't about minmaxing a build to death and winning at any cost. Neoncat is about winning with style and about the lulz. Think about it. Neon. Cat. Think a neon cat is going to go for precision-engineered mathematical probability-tuning over stunning looks?

Flaxative, kogi, Inkfingers and 5 others like this.
  5. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Duncan's Chain Cap and Ulrin's Scuttling Socks... They're both really unique items, I can imagine Scuttle being useful.... on occasion, but for a gold token it's a bit much! Also, unless you really desperately need 3 Free Move cards for some reason, you can just use rare Blue Suede Shoes or epic Lizard Hide Boots, which are both much, much cheaper and only cost a blue token. I wouldn't buy the socks unless I needed them to complete my collection or something???

As for Chain Harness, it's actually much better to get it from a helmet than from heavy armor (like Aranak's Chain Web).
    Very few helmets actually have 3 armor cards, and sometimes you really want that armor!
    That being said, Lt. Buckwell's Strapping is tokenless, and much better IMO.

6. Ector

Ector Hydra

I really doubt that having a lot of armor is "winning with style and about the lulz". The elves backstabbing the enemy probably "win with style". The bashing warrior may be also very stylish, and many others, but not a hulking iroclad :)

7. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Sometimes you just need a burly bouncer to stand in the way so the band can keep playing onstage. :D

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Yeah, like the Stones at Altamont.

neoncat likes this.
  10. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Neoncat was talking about a bunch of harnesses on top of Yolotli Armor. What could be more fantasy/anime/Image Comics stylish than plate armor with huge pointy flanges and dozens of straps all over it :)? There's armor and then there's armor...

P.S. The Mail is just for wearing while the Barbed Platemail is in the wash, it's a lot of work to get the icky sticky dwarf blood out from between the sharp bits.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    neoncat likes this.
  11. El Hobbito

El Hobbito Kobold

Since it's my first post here: Hello! :)

I could use yours advice to make my shopping list. I'm running 2 builds atm. E-Vampire/H-Priest/E-Warrior and 2D-Warrior/H-Wizard. I'm playing a bit over a month and since in my last two weeks Randimar tryed to sell me garbage i have ~2300 coins. From things i found interesting there are:

Twizel's Stone Talisman - Wall Of Stone is realy anoying card and there are 3 of them... but 2500g is a bit of coin...

Demon's Golden Blade - It looks not bad, on the other hand it's not for a vampire, and my other priest is running Nimbus Blade and Madman's Maul

Underdog's Shield - Twisting Shield is great nontoken shield, but against wizards it gives you 2 dead cards, this one lacks this flaw but is less relable...

Wlakwa's Boots - Team Run is always nice to have, but i have already two Rhood's Boots and Salazar's Sandals plus two Savvy Attacker. Is this upgrade and it's worth 500g?

Ebony Prayer Beads - saying truth i have no idea what i could use it for :)

Emberfloat Mantle - my wizard is using Forceful Robes right now, they are nice with two Path Of Knives i get from my Booming Ring but this robe could be a nice replacement

Incense Of Roiled Air - i have two of thise with two Shuddering Relics. Should i buy 3th?

Weakling's Helm - I own one but for my 2nd warrior i don't have any better nontoken helmet, i think that i'll buy this one.

What do you think my dear fellows?

12. Ector

Ector Hydra

This is a nice item, as Wall of Stone can be really helpful. But I can understand that it wouldn't help you much right now, so you can skip it.

I don't like it, but compared to Madman's Maul it's really great :)

Buy it. If you don't, you would regret later.

Very nice tokenless robe. 100 gold isn't much for it.

I guess no. You will farm the 3rd eventually :)

It's really good, buy it.

13. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Welcome, El Hobbito!
    I have 1 and I'd buy another in a heartbeat. It probably won't go well with the MP builds you have now, but would be killer on the Death March league map. 2500 is a lot, but L18 legendaries don't show up often. Tough call. I hope you find a legendary treasure or 3 this week.
    It's the only tokenless shield I know of with 3 'Block Any', but as you say it is less reliable. Nice to have depending upon what you're facing, which you usually won't know until it's too late to swap. Worth buying, but not a biggie IMO.
    Good, but rarely worth the yellow token, IMO.
    If they're working so well you'd want another, yes!

As usual, I'll recommend speed-farming the level 6 kobold mines if you have the time. In Jarmo's testing he netted and average of 300 gp per hour, and it's also where Underdog's Shield and some really good tokenless helms can be found.

14. Questor

Questor Ogre

As Veza already said, the Talisman is not great in most builds but in certain ones it is perfect, get it.
    Underdogs was my shield of choice but then came Twisting along and it is a lot better, even if you donĀ“t block ranged attacks, i personally care more about blocking a Nimble Strike or a Obliterating Bludgeon.
    The Wlakwa Boots were very good in a Firestorm build as a last line of defence against a melee rush but i would skip it and wait for Sliding Boots to come along, they are now the way to go.
    Unless you need the 3rd Incense now for a certain build, skip it.
    The helmet is okay, buy it if you need it. You can also keep an eye out for Crusty Helm, Obvious Maneuver is not as bad as you might think.

15. Ector

Ector Hydra

Please remember that you're talking to a new player :) I would buy it too, but just "in case"; one rarely needs a lot of Walls of Stone. Even on the special maps you can get 5-6 Walls from various cheaper items. I've got Bimson's Hard Stone this week, for instance :)

I strongly disagree. The boots are always worth the token if you can afford it. There are TWO mass moves here. I've played them all the way until I've got Sliding Boots. Still, I cannot recommend a new player to "wait for the Sliding Boots", since the waiting may be very long!

16. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I know, I read that. Whether, "one rarely needs a lot of Walls of Stone," depends entirely on the 'one' being discussed. Also, I have several Bimson's, but I usually prefer The Soulstone because there is often some jerk standing exactly where I want to put my wall, and I need to move him first. If you prefer Bimson's, use it. If anyone wants to do a serious wall build, Twizel's Stone Talisman is the ticket. If you can only spare one slot, 3 is 50% better than 2.
    I read that too. And you didn't recommend it, Questor did. (I just wanted to make sure the record was clear on that.) I've used them - 2 mass moves and a shuffle for a major token. You obviously like them a lot more than I do.

neoncat likes this.
  17. El Hobbito

El Hobbito Kobold

Thx for help, actualy Bimson's Hard Stone dropped for me yday. :) I also have few arcane items with single WoS on them and three Wallbuilder's Staffs. But ofc if i'd want to make build around Wall Of Stone then Twizel's Stone Talisman would be hard to replace. On the other hand in next week i could get some jawdropping legendary and coudn't afford it. So i think i'll pass this, unless i get like 2 legendary tresures soon :p

I own Crusty Helm but i'm not quite shure if showing my hand in MP is good idea. Wimpy usualy does nothing in my 2warr buid since i'm running Arrogant Armor there. Atm i'm running Defensive Helm as replacement.

Also thx for info about this Kobold mine farm, and got 250g in 45 min and bought Emberfloat Mantle for it, unfortunaly i can't farm more since my GF forces me to go out to drink and do other social activities this evening :)

Madman's Maul isn't worse than Demon's Golden Blade. In both my builds one of priests serves as Mass Frenzy/Impenetrable Nimbus/Martyr Blessing spamer and i can't lose 40% of MF there. Ofc other weapon with 2 MF would be better but... :)

I'll think about Wlakwa's Boots a bit more, this Shuffle looks bad on them. ;)

Sir Veza likes this.
  18. Bandreus

Bandreus Thaumaturge

No need to pick one-another, I'm pretty sure Hobbito now has all the info he needs to make an informed decision for himself, which is what matters most after all ;)

I couldn't agree more. I always make sure I have ~2.5K in the bank, you might never know when Randimar brings a Vibrant Pain or some other must-have item right when you've no spare time for farming more $$$

Sir Veza likes this.
  19. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

You can also just buy Pizza and convert it to gold in that case :). A Vibrant Pain or some other best-in-class item is easily worth the few dollars for an active player.

Sir Veza likes this.
  20. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

That's great for others, but as a dedicated SP farmer I would feel like I was cheating.
    Fortunately, as a dedicated SP farmer I'm very unlikely to run short of GP. :cool:

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    Jarmo likes this.