Where's the expansion trailer posted?

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Sir Knight, May 6, 2014.

1. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I was going to start this thread because I couldn't find the Attack of the Artifacts trailer. I don't mean gameplay trailer: trailer trailer. None of the blog posts seem to have it, and searching for "trailer" on the forums doesn't get me anything relevant.

Then I found the trailer:

Which has under a thousand views. Puny relative to the gameplay trailer:

. . . even though gameplay is much longer than the average attention span.

So is the trailer trailer just not being advertized as well as it should? (This may be more a "feedback" thread.)

2. Jon

Jon Blue Manchu Staff Member

Yeah, tell me about it. No one really seemed to pick up the trailer unfortunately.

3. Sir Knight

Link to it from the front page, at least?

The big banner near the top, advertizing the expansion adventures, isn't currently clickable. Perhaps it's an opportunity to show it off to new visitors.

Pengw1n and Flaxative like this.
  4. GothicHamster

GothicHamster Kobold

Ah, yes, I recall that trailer. I actually did see it out in the wild somewhere. I remember the legendary chest because I recall thinking, "Epic, epic, legendary, legendary. Not in my lifetime of drops!"

5. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yeah, the release trailer is great - it probably should have gone out with the original press release for max saturation.

6. SystemIsDown

SystemIsDown Mushroom Warrior

First time I've seen it. Thanks for sharing!

7. Sir Knight

Perhaps the upcoming league-resumption-and-expansion would be an occasion to spread it more. Like "The new and popular league feature is expanding! And if you missed it, check out this awesome trailer!" 'Cause there might as well be news updates when scheduled leagues start up again anyway.

8. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

It was a lot of work, too!

9. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

You never know, that was a legitimate captured loot drop. I think I did about 8 before I got that one. No way I was going to hand animate all that stuff.

EDIT: I just remembered I did in fact rig my local loot table for the capture. Sorry about that.

Last edited: May 7, 2014
    Megadestructo and Flaxative like this.