[PvP/fixed or PvP/party] "scatter"

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by neoncat, May 5, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

This map contains a set of disjointed platforms... IN SPAAAAAACE! :D

The fixed party uses Carolinia, Hyper Thalamus, and Greenfang Wizard 2. You get to use some interesting cards (e.g. Reflecting Block, Magic In The Air, Teleport Other) and generally wreak mayhem. There are plenty of whirls to go around, but the Greenfang Wizard is the only character that can hop platforms by herself (thanks to Teleport Self). There's a lot of luck involved, of course.

IF it were possible to tweak pre-built decks... it would be nice to see more elf wizards carrying teleport self. ;)

The map is still being tweaked, so any feedback is welcome.

scatter.jpg

Attached Files:

LeisureSuitLoli and Flaxative like this.
  2. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Glad to see you figured out a way to "float" your board and still have it fly (pun intended)! My only thought is your lava tiles and your "space" tiles don't contrast very much. I think a more contrasty tile would make the playable positions on the board pop a little more.

Flaxative likes this.
  3. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Yes, a little more contrast would help. There are solid black tiles available, but then you wouldn't be able to see the shadows. Maybe use manor floor tiles for the platforms? Or water underneath?

Flaxative likes this.
  4. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Water underneath could be cool. This is neat either way. Want to submit it as a potential League?

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

One more thing, for it as a non-fixed deck board, it might be important to add four more squares total (1 each symmetrically around). If you start at the southwest red spawn point and move north 2 squares and then east 2 squares, that is where I suggest adding one more playable square all the way around. The suggestion is based on the fact that without that square, it would be impossible for any dwarves to reach the victory point using their racial move card (even with fly or teleport). Of course if you want to really hinder dwarves... :D

Kalin likes this.
  6. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Also, while I'm wishing for stuff, a nice metal-tread ground tile would be nice. @Ben_Lee ;)

Yeah, the aesthetic is a little silly, because I just threw together a bunch of random tiles at first (hence working title "scatter", for "scattershot"), and eventually stripped out some of the eye sores. I'll probably convert the demon platforms to plain stone and pillars.

Also also, I probably won't make this map easier for specific MP parties, just because it works best with the silliness of the fixed party. Low HP + lots of randomness and reflecting magic makes for excellent mayhem. :D

7. Ben_Lee

Ben_Lee Art Director, Chief Executive in charge of Laundry Staff Member

Maybe for the Expedition to the Stonewall Peak expansion...