Games to play while waiting for this one to come out (or for the beta if you are lucky enough)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MrMojoRisin, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Its honestly not pay to win as much as it is pay a lot if you are going to try and play at all. i wouldn't get in to it unless your holding 200$ that you want to spend on a fun and deep but sketchily balanced game

2. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

200$ = 3,15zł * 200 = 630zł
    That makes this game unavailable for me to have fun as I'm living in country when your monthly salary is about 800zł (as for my qualifications, but still I'm unemployed so I get way less.. ). Well, I have to finish my uni and get the hell out of this sh!tty country..

Data for 2013-01-09 from NBP (National Polish Bank or Narodowy Bank Polski)

3. Ezekremiah

Ezekremiah Kobold

Interesting game (coming from someone who's played CCGs for a few years - VTES), but I assume you need to pay for anything past the first cluster of games?

4. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Goblin Champion

Actually you can play all you want with the base set of cards either against AI or MP. You can spend money on more card stacks to be able to use which adds a little more variety, but the cool thing is that you can play MP games with anyone using the cards that THEY own. And of course being a DBG, everyone starts each game being able to "buy" the same set of cards for that game, so nobody has the advantage just because they spent more than you.

5. Ezekremiah

Ezekremiah Kobold

Nice, I played through the first campaign last night, didn't get round to trying Multiplayer/Skirmish games, so didn't realise it had more "free" functionality......good fun little game, though, it'll fill the time nicely until Card Hunter is released! :)

6. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

Can't get it to work under Firefox. It throws some error of Java security or something like that :(

7. MrMojoRisin

Have you gone to the Java website and installed the latest version?

8. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

Yup, even x64 version. Still, I'm going to try some games I was told to be fun :)

9. Ironhead

Ironhead Kobold

I bought into Banner Saga: Factions beta and have a second steam-key to share if someone is up to try it.

10. Michael

Michael Mushroom Warrior

I'd love to try it.

11. Ironhead

Ironhead Kobold

Sent it in PM.

12. Michael

Michael Mushroom Warrior

13. Jesus669

Jesus669 Orc Soldier

That Banner Saga: Factions game looks pretty good Ironhead. Thanks for tossing it out there.

If anyone here has a group of 3-4+ friends that like to play games and voice chat together while they are at it I suggest DungeonLand. It's not out yet but will be out at the end of this month. A classic tank/healer-mage/rogue arcade style where you try to out maneuver the traps and monsters on your path to the end of the dungeon. The twist being it's set in a cartoony art style where a 4th player can be the dungeon master who places all the traps and plots to destroy his friends, including an Evil Laugh button!

There is a beta stress test next week so you could get invited if you sign up now.

14. Lim_Dul

Lim_Dul Kobold

Banner Sage looks awesome - thanks for the heads up!!!

The art direction is amazing... I just bought into Beta as well so have another spare key.

Feel free to PM me if you guys out there want to try it.

Sorry guys I have given my spare key away.

15. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Bit offtopic but fits the while waiting part of the thread. I have a few videos up of the card hunter beta in a thread on the questions and feedback board on this forum in case someone missed it and would like to have a look.

16. Szczypior

Szczypior Orc Soldier

Link please! :D

17. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

18. Fizbin

Fizbin Mushroom Warrior

Another vote here for FTL. It's certainly addicting.

Hawken (open beta) is also cool if you are looking for a fast-paced mech fps and it doesn't hurt that it is free to play.

19. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Yup, FTL is awesome - so's Don't Starve (survival sim with horror elements and a great cartoont style) from Klei which is in buy-in beta on Steam for instance (you get 2 keys).

20. MrMojoRisin

I'd like to check out that Don't Starve game if anyone has a spare key they can PM me.

Also, I just got a game called Stay Dead. You can get it on Desura. It is a "FMV fighting" game where you input directional commands with specific timing to pull off attacks and defensive moves while the fight plays out with actual footage of actors duking it out. It's a bit cheesy in places (ok, alot cheesy), but it is certainly worth it for the lulz.