Attack of the Artifacts Launches Friday 25 April!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jon, Apr 23, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

You've had it since a few days ago. I noticed that you were sitting at 249 likes, and gave you another one. ^_^

2. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Are there currently 4 different leagues or is one of the characters not up for grabs yet?

3. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Now that name change seems odd. Perhaps partially an error? Look at the "trophy points" ranking:

http://forums.cardhunter.com/members/?type=points

Cerulean Dragon rank appears to have been replaced completely with Thaumaturge. I'm not going to argue if they wanted to rename some ranks, but it's not currently a "graduation" from one to another, so dragons have been evicted from this forum. Except for me. Oh, and would you look at Jon: they added a trophy level just for him. "Everyone Likes You."

. . . Woo, you posted while I was typing, Wozarg! Yes, there are 4 different leagues. Direct info links at the bottom here:

http://www.cardhunter.com/2014/04/attack-of-the-artifacts-launches-friday-25-april

Unless for some reason they're not running one of the four.

4. Wozarg

Wozarg Thaumaturge

Aww two of them is constructed Boo!

5. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

I can change ya'll back to Kobold if you'd like. ;)

Sir Veza and neoncat like this.
  6. Sir Knight

As long as there are appropriate Miner, Warrior, Hero, Shaman, and Priest levels, I'm sure everyone would be fine with it. Quite sure.

7. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I was hoping that the highest tier of points would let me take a custom title, but now that Flaxative has joined Sir Knight at 113 points, I see that the ladder actually caps out at Thaumaturge. Oh well... :rolleyes:

Flaxative likes this.
  8. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

I was surprised today when, after defeating all the new adventures, I started doing the "no death" challenges and I didn't get AoA items. I thought that the new modules' challenges would also have that "only AoA items" policy, specially when they are only doable once (meaning that you can't abuse them). I was hoping to get some guaranteed AoA rares doing the challenges, so I'm a bit disappointed.

9. boopn

boopn Kobold

For tournaments, if you tie, isn't it punishing to make the players keep playing for tiebreaker points? It's against the ethos of the people in the tournament first having an advantage.

Lord Feleran likes this.
  10. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

Agreed. It would be better if the tie breaker was "number of stars collected minus number of stars collected by your enemies in the tournament games".

Lord Feleran likes this.
  11. Sir Knight

Sorry, I'm probably being slow, but I didn't understand that. Are you saying "people who start playing sooner, instead of waiting until the last minute, should have an advantage?"

Either way, since these games are played only against other people in the league, there DOES need to be some incentive to keep playing. Players who wait until the last minute must have other folks still in-game so that they can play and get their basic wins/losses done.

Speaking of which, if someone loses all four matches and thus has no guaranteed prize, is there any reason to keep playing? Suppose four out of five people in the pod get zero wins. This means that one of them, technically, is "in second place" and could get 25 pizza. Does playing for tiebreaker points among those with zero wins get them anything?

12. e-stab

e-stab Goblin Champion

Unless I'm mistaken, you need at least one win to get any prize.

13. Sir Knight

Yes, I know. Hence the question of whether there is ANY reason to play anymore. It's discouraging in a way that the designers probably didn't intend, as I elaborated when I wised up and found the thread for it.

14. Sisquinanamook

Sisquinanamook Orc Soldier

Oh my oh my, you got me here :)
    I am back again. Got your Mail, logged into Card Hunter and ... wow! You've done it again.
    It took me only one night to think about it and now I am the proud owner of the expansion pack and playing Card Hunter again. ^^

Guilds? :cool: Leagues? :eek: new Expansion? :D a loot fairy? :confused:
    The last huge thing I am remembering was the Peasant Tournament, I think.
    It seems I missed a lot since December 2013.

Someone care to give me the short version? :p

*cuddles*
    Sisqui

Flaxative, Pengw1n and neoncat like this.
  15. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

I think you've about got it.

Guilds: Came first - If you're a guild member you gain or lose points for your guild every time you play a MP match. If it's against a member of another guild there's more points at stake. They're mainly "hang out groups" and bragging rights.

Loot Fairy: Came next - before the new build release on Friday there was one adventure per a day (same adventure for everyone) that would give better loot after the last stage of the adventure. It was marked by Gary popping up and saying "Oh! What was that?" Since Friday, it is still showing up, it's just moving at a different time. To help chase the loot fairy each day check out this site.

Expansion: Released Friday with new cards and new items as well as some new Treasure hunts.

Leagues: Like mini tournaments, compete for chests, pizza, gold, figures or whatever else they offer for a given league. Can get more info here.

And of course, welcome back!

Flaxative and Sisquinanamook like this.
  16. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Is "Loot Fairy" what it's officially called, or just what you guys have been calling it?
    From the little I've looked around, it kinda looks like that's just the title the players gave this phenomenon... but knowing BM, I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that this was an actual fairy that's become cannon to CH lore, and I'm just really out of the loop now.

17. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

It was referred to as a loot fairy in the commit logs.

18. Aldones

Aldones Ogre

Ah. So it started from some sleuthy clues.

19. Sir Knight

And:

20. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

Yeah, that's the same text as the commit message from the developer Twitter. They eventually show up as release notes (normal practise in software development).