[Suggestion] Modify Lateral Thinking

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Sir Veza, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Lateral Thinking currently gives a 2 for 1 card swap. A 2 for 1 swap is standard fare for used book stores because getting 2 for one is a definite advantage. Giving 2 for 1 isn't. I don't believe the card deserves a silver rating in its current form.

A couple of ideas I think might work.

A) Make it a self-only version of Leadership. The character may discard up to 2 cards and draw the same number. I believe self targeting would limit its utility, and it would fit with the human skill tactics theme.

B) Make it a self-only inspiration. This version would be significantly weaker than Inspiration, Spin Around, or any of the bronze cycling traits, but would be better than the current version, and still the weakest silver available.

2. YoYoTheAssyrian

YoYoTheAssyrian Mushroom Warrior

It's not a great card, but it's really in how you word what it does. If you choose to think that it reduces your deck size by two at the cost of an action, it seems less terrible than how you describe it.

3. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Except that it only reduces your deck size by one. :p

4. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

B) ...
    What? Significantly weaker than Inspiration or Spin Around? No, would be pretty much the same card as them. And how can you say Barge is better than some other silver card lol :)

5. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Inspiration can be used on allies, and usually is in the case of buffing priests. Spin Around allows you to turn to face an attacker and bring your blocks into play. The (B) version of Lateral Thinking would cycle itself and have no other benefit when played.
    Because even Barge is better than Lateral thinking. And I still despise Barge.

6. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I disagree with changing Lateral Thinking.

It is the funniest terrible card in the game, so incorrectly valued by the "quality" system as to make Nimble Strike seem balanced by comparison.

The art for it reflects the horror of its 'value': one smug idiot pointing at all the horrible useless thoughts in his peabrain and going, "Yep! I'm the worst thing in Cardhuntria!"

Lateral Thinking, like the Power Glove, is so bad. And who doesn't love the Power Glove?

7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

What's a Power Glove?

8. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

9. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

Looks heinous in related vids. Valid comparison.

Flaxative likes this.
  10. YoYoTheAssyrian

YoYoTheAssyrian Mushroom Warrior

I realized that after I posted, but my point stands.

11. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

You can actually use Lateral Thinking when you don't have any other cards in your hand and draw one card without discard making it a self-inspiration already.

12. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

True, I've used it that way before, but having it with no card I want to keep is quite rare. If you click on it with two cards in your hand, it will automatically discard both. I still don't see a 2 for 1 swap being rated silver when we have bronze cards that give 1 for 1, plus a positive trait.

Flaxative likes this.
  13. Lol at the power glove, what movie is that from?

14. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

I think this one: The Wizard
    It's about vidja games

SuperBadShockSkag likes this.