what else are you playing?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by neoncat, Mar 6, 2014.

1. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

(Yes, I know it's heresy to suggest that you might play other games besides CH... :p)

recent
    Mirror's Edge - pretty urban landscapes; awesome parkour; stupid guns/combat
    Bit Trip Runner - awesome music / awesome fun except for a couple of excruciating sequences...
    Costume Quest - amusing, but not very deep; ~4 hrs was about the right length

in progress
    Dust: An Elysian Tale - cheesy voices (stupid talking sword) and uneven combat, but shiny!
    Kentucky Route Zero - the pinnacle of interactive fiction; best $20 I ever spent, and it's only 2/5 done
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown - satisfying shooty-tactical combat
    KOTOR - stuck on Tatooine until I have time to figure out crashing and remember the plot :(

in the queue
    Monaco
    Antichamber
    Planescape Torment

winner likes this.
  2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Daily games:
    Skyrates (not dead yet!)
    PrismaPix (full version contains 4650 puzzles, will probably take me the rest of my life to finish)

Todo:
    Flash DROD ep 4 (finished 1-3 and about half of 4 so far)
    Torchlight, Fallout-1/2/Tactics, Dungeon Keeper (freebies from Good Old Games)

winner and neoncat like this.
  3. SystemIsDown

SystemIsDown Mushroom Warrior

Card games:
    Hearthstone
    PoxNora

MMO:
    Lord of the Rings Online

Single Player:
    Grand Theft Auto IV

winner likes this.
  4. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

Just played through The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 2. Played through the excellent Memoria a few weeks back.

Not sure if I'm returning to Skyrim or XCOM:EW or what I'll be doing next. Huge backlog on games on steam, but not sure what I feel like playing. If I only would have gotten lucky and gotten Blackguards (demo is excellent, and I clocked like 10 hours! For a demo!) when it was on the christmas sale. I'm such a cheapskate! I might have trouble wauting for a sale on Age of Wonders III - however.

winner likes this.
  5. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

Is Steam a good place to find free turn-based games? I've never gotten an account because I assumed it was all expensive twitch games.

winner likes this.
  6. Pengw1n

There are a lot of F2P games there these days, however they're usually of the freemium variety. You can find pretty much any kind of games on steam - a lot of betas and demos and such, as well as greenlight. I suggest creating an account to check it out, it's free after all.

winner likes this.
  7. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

For my own purposes, $3 is approximately free, so Steam (and bundles) is a great way to pick up games that are a couple years old.

Steam basically has every game ever nowadays, so there's plenty of cheap non-twitchy games. My collection is mostly puzzle, story, and platforming, plus a little bit of twitchy.

winner likes this.
  8. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Titanfall and The Stick of Truth. :)

winner likes this.
  9. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

Finished the stick of Truth.. been playing The Mighty Quest for epic loot on steam for free, and still trying to start play mass efect 1 (never done it)

winner likes this.
  10. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Pokemon Fire Red on my phone... thanks to Twitch :)

11. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Finished the Stick of Truth tonight. Loading Titanfall on the Xbox One (finally got on), but no gaming for me for awhile - off to Train Jam and then GDC!

winner, Flaxative and neoncat like this.
  12. illkkill

illkkill Mushroom Warrior

Indie Games:
    dueling network, pox nora, alteil, nartuto arena, war of ninjas, + many many other flash games
    Games I play with my friends:
    league of legend, dota, starcraft, cs gold ( I suck at fps :( )
    Console games:
    naruto, halo, super smash bros

winner likes this.
  13. ElShafto

ElShafto Goblin Champion

Still trying to finish Red Dead Redemption and dabbling a little bit in FIFA 14 on iPad.

winner likes this.
  14. Currently:
    A hacked version of Pokemon Emerald that one of my friends is making. Apparently she replaced all male sprites with female ones and made it a lesbian game for laughs (she recently got married to her longtime girlfriend, which her struggles to do so was the inspiration for my Wedding Crashers saga). Its pretty nice and has a good sense of humor.

Would like to play:
    Limitations on my PC and income limit me to a few games. Remember: Don't let yourself get into so much debt that it nearly chokes you.

winner likes this.
  15. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Erm, so apparently both Cardhunter Joe and Cardhunter Jon play World of Tanks, which was the multiplayer time sink which I abandoned for CardHunter. >_>

I think this calls for a cross-community tank outing at some point! WoT ign: neoncat. (Not just yet, though, because I have to go remember how to drive a tank and figure out the new physics they're releasing with 9.0...)

winner and LeisureSuitLoli like this.
  16. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

I don't so much have a "Steam backlog" as a "Humble Indie Bundle backlog, which includes Steam keys occasionally." Thanks to them I'm currently in Fez and Papers, Please.

I just finished Penumbra: Overture, and have to conclude that Amnesia: The Dark Descent was such a success because they figured out what they did wrong with Penumbra. So eventually I'll play Amnesia and hope to be proved deliciously right.

Also just finished Little Inferno and plan to go back to hit 100% in it.

And I'm following the beta for Sir, You Are Being Hunted. So except for that, I suppose I'm a minimum of one year behind gaming trends, but that works for me.

winner likes this.
  17. Pengw1n

I'm debating whether to buy Warlock 2 to gain instant access, and if I can (and should) hold out for sale on that and Age of Wonders III. I'm not cheap, it's just a habit (and I also have that huge steam backlog)!

winner likes this.
  18. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Fez was awesome on the XBox. I'm curious how well some of the puzzles translate over to the PC, though. (Also, I still haven't seen any explanation of the Black Monolith...)

19. Eren

Eren Orc Soldier

Europa Universalis IV and Subspace

20. Megadestructo

Megadestructo Shark Card

Diablo 3's latest update has gotten me back on the horse...