[suggestion] buff to elves' racial move card

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Dingding123, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Dingding123

Dingding123 Orc Soldier

and only their racial move card. Other Dashes would not recieve said buff.

Dash: Move 4, then if you end the move next to an enemy, draw a card.

I thought it'd be an interesting idea to toy with. Discuss :D

2. Kalin

Kalin Begat G'zok

SuperBadShockSkag likes this.
  3. YoYoTheAssyrian

YoYoTheAssyrian Mushroom Warrior

I think the solution to elves lies in the racial skills. Everyone can see that their zero token options are really terrible when compared to dworfs and humans. Considering how much it drives people bonkers, I think dodge should replace some of the current cards offered. Which cards in which skills would you guys replace?

4. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Elves need something on racials besides moves. All moves except team run and quick run are dead cards.

5. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

Also, they need to have pseudo-drawbacks like vulnerable, rather than game-losing drawbacks like cowardly.

6. Lord Feleran

Lord Feleran Guild Leader

I would simply give all humans +1hp and all elves +3hp.
    Then all races would feel much more equal without any bigger changes :)

Vakaz likes this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I think that's a bit too generous. Elves are squishy, so I'd rather see racial cards like Dodge, as YoYo mentioned, or an "Elfin Agility" trait that adds 2 to all their die rolls for two rounds. I think elves do very well offensively, particularly in getting into range and around blocks.

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

I would try and replace as many useless (crap) basic move cards as possible.
    I agree with your first sentence whole-heartedly! However, I have a different definition of a dead card, I think that move cards are at least usable, although they are certainly not very useful to the elven race.
    I would be happy if Elves could get useful cards like Dodge/Jump Back/Hard to Pin Down/Quick Step/Flanking Move as opposed to useless crap like Shuffle/Walk/Run/Dash/Cautious Sneak/Dangerous Move. I think that it fits their style, and it would certainly make them more playable if they could get 3 decent cards on a racial skill!!!
    I would like to see an elf trait like Pacifist that does something interesting instead of just random Cowardly.

I'd like to make a note here on tokenless skills:
    Humans have Novice Command, and uh... Untrained Tactics?.
    Dwarves have... Stout Charger? along with Apprentice Ferocity and Raging Battler.
    Elves have Untrained Footwork and Perilous Agility, with the latter being much better than the former.

I guess the point I am trying to make here is that Novice Command is good and common, Apprentice Ferocity is a great epic with a legendary upgrade, whilst Perilous Agility is so rare that it just makes 98% of people need to spend that token. At least with Dwarves/Humans you have the choice to go tokenless, but ALSO to spend a token on some pretty great skills.
    More on elf skills here in my thread.