Loot Fairy Tracker

Discussion in 'Card Hunter General Chat' started by Flaxative, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Fortold

Fortold Kobold

Thanks Angry for finding him!

2. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Fortold, Adolf, you don't need to keep reporting "not found" once someone has found it :)

Lord Feleran, ugh, ok, this changes a lot of things, and I'm guessing people who don't have all the treasure hunts are going to be very unhappy.

3. Adolf Tickler

Adolf Tickler Mushroom Warrior

It was unfonfirmed Flax . . .

Also, someone asked earlier to make sure it wasn't Tomb of Tvericus

4. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Yeah. Now I am kind of annoyed. I mean, do I unlock this treasure hunt for the loot fairy? Or should I just wait until I can get more pizza and unlock them all at once?
    I mean, is 1 guaranteed rare + 3 Uncommons or better worth 40 pizza? IDK

EDIT: I think that I can't get the loot fairy today since it would be my first time beating it.
    The other problem is that, before I do any treasure hunts, I want the club membership to double the amount of epics gotten. I guess it's a half-decent reason to finally shell out?

5. Scarponi

Scarponi Moderator

Count me very unhappy.

6. Eton

Eton Mushroom Warrior

lol the only treasure hunt I bought.

UURR+E

7. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

UURRR *grumble* This loot fairy is always rather stingy with me. Maybe I stepped on it at some point. >_>

8. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Why couldn't there be a loot fairy for the free adventures, and a loot *... nymph? for the treasure hunt adventures? So if you had them unlocked you could get double the loot.
    Count me unhappy too. I mean, it's kind of messed up how I went from being happy about this to ... irritated.

*something that rhymes with Melvin would be hilarious

9. ClanCrusher

ClanCrusher Hydra

Thus the insidious nature of the Loot Fairy has been revealed. There are two guaranteed rares and potential epics if only you could access this adventure...kudos to Blue Manchu. By this thread we tell people where these wonderful chests are, even if they're behind Treasure Hunts. Glad I bought mine a while ago.

Chest Loot:

Uncommon x2
    Rare x2
    Club Rare x1

10. Eton

Eton Mushroom Warrior

Don't buy it for today's fairy loot, Jade.
    You will finish the adventure, getting the specific treasure hunt item, and have to WAIT the cool down.

We have known that the fairy doesn't show up when the adventure is completed for the first time.

Edit: I see your edited post, seems you've noticed it.

11. Kablizzy

Kablizzy Orc Soldier

You gotta admit, it's kind of a brilliant move on BM's part. It plays well with both the monthly membership as well as the purchasable pizza. I'm not too terribly arsed by this revelation, it just means that I won't be getting treasure today.

12. ArcadianRook

ArcadianRook Goblin Champion

Okay, seriously, all of you need to stop and think about what you're saying.
    So, Jade says that treasure hunts are 40 pizza each if you buy them individually. **IF** You were to buy pizza at the lowest exchange rate of $10 for 330 pizza, that works out to LESS THAN 85 CENTS PER TREASURE HUNT, or even less if you buy all of them at once.

You can't even get a burger at McD's for that price, let alone ANY DLC (short of a steam sale) for that price.

Edit:
    Please quit complaining. It likely wasn't a "brilliant move" by BM. It was probably easiest for the four (five?) man team to code the Loot Fairy this way. They probably didn't even think to take those levels out of the Loot Fairy rotation, and it will almost certainly make more work for them to do so. Work which could be spent on something like new content, working out bugs, or further developing the game. Work which could, and should, be supported by those who enjoy this fun game and awesome community which they have given us for free.

neoncat, Pengw1n and Flaxative like this.
  13. Dugrim

Dugrim Orc Soldier

UURR(R)

We can use this template (or another one)

Level 1-5:
    Level 6-7:
    Level 8:
    Level 9:
    Level 10:
    Level 11:
    Level 12-13:
    Level 14:
    Level 15:
    Level 16:
    Level 17:
    Mauve Manticore:

The first who finish his quests post the template with an X or something else on the quests tried.
    The others will copy/paste the template adding their quests.
    What do you think?
    Could be this better to keep track of the Fairy?

neoncat likes this.
  14. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

I can understand the loot fairy showing up in all modules. The odds of it showing up in a treasure hunt on any given day are less than 25%, and I certainly wouldn't buy a treasure hunt for a guaranteed rare or better. The first MP chest of the day is as good.

15. faeyan

faeyan Kobold

I just bought Cliff of Wyvern today.
    I got fairy loot
    U,R,E (guranted epic item), E, [E]

16. Jarmo

Jarmo Snow Griffin

UURE(R)

On the other hand, I can understand well the unhappiness about the Loot Fairy appearing in a Treasure Hunt. We already got used to it appearing in a normal adventure and maybe started to think this would always be the case. For those of us who don't own the Treasure Hunts, finding out the Loot Fairy can appear in one is tantamount to having something been taken away from you which you thought you already had. This always elicits the most powerful reactions from people.

On the other hand, the Loot Fairy is just a bonus. Its something a little extra on top of the other loot systems. Blue Manchu didn't have to add it to Card Hunter. They're giving us extra higher-rarity loot basically out of the goodness of their hearts :). Are we really going to complain that we might not be getting the extra goodies some particular day? Feels a little ungrateful and petty to me. Like I said, though, I totally get where the feeling comes from. It's not wrong at all to feel this way but let's try to keep it in some kind of perspective. Not that anyone has had any huge tantrums about it anyway.

17. AngryUSAMan

AngryUSAMan Orc Soldier

I personally have no problem with the loot fairy visiting the treasure hunts. I was immediately hooked on this game upon playing it, and within the first week I had joined the club, bought the treasure hunt 11-pack bundle for a reduced price, and purchased 2 or 3 figures. I think we should all be eager to support what Blue Manchu has done and is doing with Card Hunter, a game like nothing else that I have ever played. I want them to have the revenue to continue improving this innovative masterpiece. I make very little money, but I do have a small budget for recreation, and Card Hunter deserves a place in it for how much enjoyment I get out of it.

Jarmo and Flaxative like this.
  18. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

The reason I personally am upset with Loot Fairy being in Treasure Hunts is that it makes it a lot harder to patrol for it.

I agree with Rook about the money, though, I think the game needs more cash inflow so that it can grow. *shrug*

ArcadianRook likes this.
  19. ArcadianRook

4 Rares +1 Rare in the box

20. ArcadianRook

That could be problematic, but only if we can't convince folks who've purchased the content to patrol them.