[Suggestion] Remove SQUEAMISH Trait Status

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Sir Veza, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

This is based upon the idea that 'drawback' traits should have a negative impact (cost) in relation to the other cards on the item. Exceptions include cards that cause direct damage to the owner, because they are always negative.

Squeamish only appears on items with low or no damage, and currently serves as a cycling trait with little or no actual cost. Removing the Trait keyword would cause it to function like Slow, where the effect remains until the card is discarded.

For example, level 15 Runestone(minortoken) is much better than level 18 Wand Of Seared Air(majortoken) due to the 'freebie' deck compression (cycling) of Squeamish. Runestones will still be playable if Squeamish doesn't cycle, but not nearly as desirable or efficient.

Other items with Squeamish are:
    Blood Locket(minortoken)
    Glimmer Boots
    Greenguard Boots(majortoken)
    Orange Amulet(minortoken)
    Sensate's Ring

Pilgrim Bailey and neoncat like this.
  2. neoncat

neoncat Feline Outline

I do like the idea of drawbacks clogging up your hand like Slow, Raging Strike, or Demonic Miasma; or else having an immediate discard effect such as Cowardice, Fumble, or Dropped Guard. Those are the only classes of drawbacks I ever pay attention to.

Sir Veza likes this.
  3. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Incorrect.

Items with Slow-style drawbacks are unplayable.

(Note: I want a Runestone nerf. I want a Squeamish nerf (make it Bronze!). But I don't want to ever run dead draws in PvP, and neither should you.)

EDIT: IIRC, Sir Veza is mostly an SP-oriented player. I agree Runestone would be playable in SP with the suggested change to Squeamish.

Sir Veza likes this.
  4. Another alternative would be to replace the squeamish cards on items with other negative traits that are non-cyclers, like slow/arcane feedback, etc.

Items with squeamish are too good for their costs, usually. This funnels out the other items that should be in play in the game.

Sir Veza likes this.
  5. YoYoTheAssyrian

YoYoTheAssyrian Mushroom Warrior

Advanced Flexibility is very playable, does a wonderful job of dealing with dead draws, double mail or others like it. Doesn't mean cards like slow don't really mess with your ability to play. Moving squeamish into that category would actually make it a drawback without messing with too many other moving parts.

Sir Veza likes this.
  6. Jade303

Jade303 Thaumaturge

Squeamish is pretty pointless in multiplayer. I mean, it's not like it prevents you from playing any cards that do damage. If you couldn't play Winds Of War or Frost Jolt then that would be a nice little detriment to using Squeamish.

Otherwise I do like the idea of it no longer being a Trait. It's just a pointless drawback and a non-issue for deck building and gameplay.

Sir Veza likes this.
  7. Sir Veza

Sir Veza Farming Deity

8. Jacques

Jacques Hydra

Squeamish would be balanced if it appeared only on warrior's items. That would trully be a detriment and not an easy way to cycle your deck, as it happens with wizards and runestone.

Sir Veza and Flaxative like this.