Repetitive Maps

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by Lord Ra, Feb 4, 2014.

?

Should we allow access to more than 4 maps at a time?

1. Yes, allow random access to all maps.

80.0%
  2. No, keep it 4 at a time.

20.0%
  1. Lord Ra

Lord Ra Kobold

I've enjoyed this game all in all. And I love playing multi-player. But the maps get extremely repetitive in multi-player. I'm not saying you need to make more every couple of days, but mix it up a little bit!! Every time you change maps I have fun with them for a while. Then they get really old. I find myself missing the old maps, or anything different for that matter.

Here is what I propose: Have one of your junior developers create a randomization method. Whenever anyone starts a multiplayer match, give them a 50% chance to start on one of the new maps of the month. The other 50% is a random map from every multiplayer map you have ever put out.

Not only will this bring some much-needed variety, but most players have not seen many of the maps from the first year, and they would appreciate the opportunity to be able to play them.

Zhizz likes this.
  2. Zhizz

Zhizz Mushroom Warrior

I was getting ready to flame you when I started reading this... but actually it's a very good idea.

What I would say is this (and your suggestion already address it): I'd like to see a little more variation within the selection of maps each month. Hallowe'en were the 1/1/1 maps, then were replaced by Whirlwind maps, and now we have WWE/NS maps. What I want to see is enough of a selection that no single deck is going to break face on every single MP map in a given month.

As said in the OP - this needn't actually require any more work if you just add a few of the old maps into the mix; maybe reskin them if you want to keep them thematically linked.

3. Pengw1n

Pengw1n Moderately Informed Staff Member

We should note that there are no "Junior Developers" (at least as far as I i know) at BM - it's still a very small company.