Following the path of the Card hunter Launch

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Cordalinge, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Cordalinge

Cordalinge Mushroom Warrior

Sure scrum master would kill me if i asked for a date of the launching of the game, but could the team just give us informations about :

What has been already done ?
    What's on the board for the next iteration ?
    What still needs to be done for the beta ?
    and, an idea of the launching month / year ?

Just drooling over this game !!!!

Keep up the good work

2. Hopibear

Hopibear Mushroom Warrior

Quote from Jon in rockpapershotgun interview :

"So we spent the first six months just working on getting the game playable, in a really ugly kind of placeholder way, just to let us see how the game played. And the good thing about that is we actually threw away tons of stuff and iterated, and didn’t feel bad about it, because we hadn’t put a lot of work into polishing anything. So the core part of the game is pretty much 100% done. It’s not graphically polished up yet and it doesn’t have all the sound, but it’s been playable for a long time and we’ve been playing it a lot. It’s in really good shape, I think.
    That said, that’s only the core of the game"

There isn't really an official launch date but from the current info early 2012.
    The Beta would be aimed around end 2011.

3. Rising Zan

Rising Zan Mushroom Warrior

I wonder how beta players would be selected?

4. Hopibear

I guess probably a sign up.

5. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

I'm think we all get locked in a room and the one who comes out gets the job.

6. Hopibear

Sounds like Battle Royal to me :p

7. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Hmm. Does your post count determine your starting hit points? Does the "like" counter give MP or bonus items?

skip_intro likes this.
  8. Cordalinge

Thanks Hopibear !

Telling us the core of the game is finished appease me as for a quick and mastered launch of the Beta.

In fact, it only remains to make the bride a little more beautiful :) ! Joking. Sure they'll need to forge now the +2000 Mithril Axes, +20 Dextirity bows, and carve all the arrows....

Hope they won't forget to forge me the ring to rule them all !!

Thanks for coming back to this topic and gave us some informations about what has been newly implemented !

9. Hopibear

hehe np i just quoted what Jon said :p
    P.S. just to let u know i am a fan of the game not a dev:p

10. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

We'll have a thousand HP by the time the Beta launches! :cool:

11. Hopibear

That means technically i have the most HP now ?:D

12. Cordalinge

beware of kobolds....they can be dangerous in large numbers :)

13. sageco

sageco Kobold

I am excited for this, hope I get in the beta :)

14. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

Only people with at least 1,000 HP will be beta tested... ;)

15. iAtareeT

iAtareeT Kobold

You can knock me down in 1 hit :D

16. secran

secran Mushroom Warrior

I do suspect that forum activity may play a roll in the selection process. That's how a lot of other companies do it (aside from system specs and prior experience). Post count as Hit Points is a terrifying concept, and makes me (as a moderator for a different website) cringe. The horror! The horror~!

17. Sir Knight

Sir Knight Sir-ulean Dragon

Sadly, I can see a parallel to real MMORPG behaviour here: "grinding." Put masses of time in an online game to boost your character . . . post masses of comments on an online forum to boost your "character."

Regardless, let us hope that the Beta isn't so long in coming that any of us reach 1,000 HP.

18. Sansin

Sansin Kobold

We kobolds will rise en masse!!!

19. skip_intro

skip_intro Ogre

*sharpens his favourite sword Kolbolds Bane* :p

20. Higginjoe

Higginjoe Kobold

That would be terrible. It'd lead to ungodly amounts of spamming, unless they created some kind of subforum for that. Also just kind of seems like an all-around bad way to go about it.

Maybe starting HP is determined by your class? And I wouldn't be surprised if beta access (if closed) was given based on forum activity. If it's still a ways away, though, that gives us all plenty of time to build up some rep. I should probably visit here a bit more often, anyway...