[Custom Map] Protecting Master's Manor.

Discussion in 'Custom Scenarios and Boards' started by LeisureSuitLoli, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Setting:
    You take control of 3 war dogs as they protect their master's treasure from 3 invading dwarves.

Story:
    Dog 1:Woof! Grr! Woof!
    (Translation: Little men approaching!)
    Dog 2:Bark! Bark!
    (Translation: This master's place!)
    Dog 3: Woof woof!
    (Translation: Little men get no closer to master's things!)
    All: *Sniff* Whine...
    (Translation: Little men reek of booze...)

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Hints:
    *Don't let the dwarves surround you.
    *Kill the priest as quickly as you can.
    *Have fun.

Attached Files:

turinturamba and Flaxative like this.
  2. Farbs

Farbs Blue Manchu Staff Member

Ha! That's a fun idea. When I saw you playing it I didn't realize you weren't the dwarves. I look forward to trying it out.

3. Fun little scenario. I would move the dwarves a bit closer to the manor (or even into it) and get rid of the outdoor area. Right now it is best to pass a couple of turns until the dwarves have entered the house where you can outmaneuver them.

4. I've remade the map. It is now much more difficult.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

tuknir, turinturamba and Flaxative like this.
  5. Flaxative

Flaxative Party Leader

Looks a lot better visually, too; the dwarves more dynamic, the place more lived in.

6. It's nice to see when one's suggestions actually get implemented. Played and won it once, it is a very fun short scenario now. The only issue I could see is that the Dwarven warriors had a couple to many step attacks for my liking. Those feel unfair, because your dogs can't really do much against them. I would probably swap one of the warriors for Plog Kneechopper to make it a little easier.

7. tuknir

tuknir #3 in Spring PvP Season

I just played the map. Was fun, and didn't think it was to hard. Had to bait the dwarves around and wait for the best time to strike. that happened when i got that attack that deals more dmg from the behind with a aoa. manage to take fast 1 dwarf down with that. then the others where just a question of using dodge to make then waste attacks and strike on their backs. took me around 3min. so maybe i just had luck, still its a fun map

edited: this map is all about knowing when to strike, be patient (wait then to waste they movements so then you can coward atack then from the behind) and pick a target. Good job Loli

8. I played it twice. It was pretty fun. War Dogs are one of my favorite characters.

For some reason this seems to be heavily RNG luck based because first game was way too easy and the second one was pretty much impossible. It would work better if the dwarves were slower (less step attacks) because currently kiting is very difficult.

I also think that the scenario suffers a little bit from the fact that it's just a big room with 3 characters each. It could be more interesting if there were more options in terms of positioning, like narrow corridors, multiple rooms, difficult terrain etc. But I don't know..